East Robertson @ Westmoreland

GBO52

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 10/11/2018 at 8:13 PM, steelcityroller said:

I don't see it.

Its gonna be between Marion County, Polk County or Bledsoe County. Marion County has already beaten Bledsoe and plays Polk in the last game. Polk plays Bledsoe this week. If Bledsoe beats Polk then it will be Marion County regardless of what happens in that final game.

So lets say its Marion County. They are 3-4 with losses to 3A Sequatchie, South Pitt, Tyner and 5A Rhea County. They lost by a touchdown to Sequatchie. They got blown out by SP and Tyner as would anybody in this region not named TC or Watertown. And Rhea County is a solid 5A team they lost by 13.

Sequatchie and Rhea County are both ranked considerably higher in the state than Livingston Academy and about in the same area as TC. And Marion County was able to play those teams close while Westmoreland got blown out easily in those games.

Out? Out of the playoffs? No. But pretty much by having to play Tyner in the first round.

I missed the ER game but I will tell you. Westmoreland was better than the score of livingston game. We fumbled the ball on the 1. They couldnt run at all on us. We gave up some long plays. Our corner and kicker done a stupid trick and got kicked out of the game in the 1st half that lead to a corner that had no practice at the position. If we hold onto the ball that game its very close. Our line was beating them on both sides of the ball. Our secondary looked like they didnt have a clue that game. 

On 10/11/2018 at 9:13 PM, steelcityroller said:

I don't see it.

Its gonna be between Marion County, Polk County or Bledsoe County. Marion County has already beaten Bledsoe and plays Polk in the last game. Polk plays Bledsoe this week. If Bledsoe beats Polk then it will be Marion County regardless of what happens in that final game.

So lets say its Marion County. They are 3-4 with losses to 3A Sequatchie, South Pitt, Tyner and 5A Rhea County. They lost by a touchdown to Sequatchie. They got blown out by SP and Tyner as would anybody in this region not named TC or Watertown. And Rhea County is a solid 5A team they lost by 13.

Sequatchie and Rhea County are both ranked considerably higher in the state than Livingston Academy and about in the same area as TC. And Marion County was able to play those teams close while Westmoreland got blown out easily in those games.

Marion is way down by their standards.  Line play is weak, switched to a horrible spread(ut style) and first time DC.  Got some young and green talent playing now with more help coming in Jr high.  20+ seniors but not many with game experience before this year.  Qb leads the team, but it does seem like they are getting better every week.  Should have had a chance to beat Rhea but questionable call on the goal line where one referee called a td and then changed it and they let 20 sec run off and the half ended without a score.  Qb was definitely over the line.  The 3 vs 2 matchup will be a good one this year both ways.  1 vs 4 will be blow outs.

On 10/11/2018 at 9:36 PM, 123EaglePride said:

If I'm not mistaken ER has only beat Westmoreland once.   Maybe twice in school history.  Anyone have overall records for this matchup?

I believe you are right... ER is a baseball school at least they can always say they have that. I can't tell you the last time they truly had a really good football team.

9 hours ago, TheTruthPrevails said:

Marion is way down by their standards.  Line play is weak, switched to a horrible spread(ut style) and first time DC.  Got some young and green talent playing now with more help coming in Jr high.  20+ seniors but not many with game experience before this year.  Qb leads the team, but it does seem like they are getting better every week.  Should have had a chance to beat Rhea but questionable call on the goal line where one referee called a td and then changed it and they let 20 sec run off and the half ended without a score.  Qb was definitely over the line.  The 3 vs 2 matchup will be a good one this year both ways.  1 vs 4 will be blow outs.

If it was today those matchups would be: 

Polk Co vs Watertown and E.Robertson vs Tyner in the 1vs 4

Westmoreland vs Marion and Bledsoe vs Trousdale in 3 vs 2

If Polk were to beat Marion in a couple weeks, the region would finish Tyner, Polk, Marion, Bledsoe/Tellico.

Marion, Polk, and Bledsoe (if they beat Tellico) would be in a 3 way tie for district record with no "head to head" tie breaker available. Next tie breaker is total wins.. Polk would have atleast 6 at that point, Marion at most 4, Bledsoe at most 4.

Edited by Charlie Murphy

9 minutes ago, Charlie Murphy said:

If Polk were to beat Marion in a couple weeks, the region would finish Tyner, Polk, Marion, Bledsoe/Tellico.

Marion, Polk, and Bledsoe (if they beat Tellico) would be in a 3 way tie for district record with no "head to head" tie breaker available. Next tie breaker is total wins.. Polk would have atleast 6 at that point, Marion at most 4, Bledsoe at most 4.

I was just saying if the season ended "today". In any other year I would feel pretty confident at this point in time, however, this year has been anything but...the 2, 3 and 4 Still up for grabs!

1 hour ago, TynerRamFan said:

I was just saying if the season ended "today". In any other year I would feel pretty confident at this point in time, however, this year has been anything but...the 2, 3 and 4 Still up for grabs!

As a TC fan, I want Marion to come back to the creek bank we owe them one. They took TC out back and gave us an old fashion butt whipping last year in the playoffs