HVA at DB 2018

RebelAtHeart

Friday night the Hawks laid an egg!  First game this year without a touchdown but I'm not sure I credit SH's defense.  The Hawks were playing against themselves most of the night with several dropped passes, fumbles, bad snaps, costly penalties, two TD passes dropped or just out of bounds in the end zone, and two big defensive mistakes that both led to SH TD's.  Loss to SH was definitely a winnable game that got away.  HVA is certainly capable of beating DB, but they have to get out of their own way and play to their potential.  Expecting this will be another tight 1-6A game with playoff hopes on the line for both teams.

3 minutes ago, RebelAtHeart said:

Friday night the Hawks laid an egg!  First game this year without a touchdown but I'm not sure I credit SH's defense.  The Hawks were playing against themselves most of the night with several dropped passes, fumbles, bad snaps, costly penalties, two TD passes dropped or just out of bounds in the end zone, and two big defensive mistakes that both led to SH TD's.  Loss to SH was definitely a winnable game that got away.  HVA is certainly capable of beating DB, but they have to get out of their own way and play to their potential.  Expecting this will be another tight 1-6A game with playoff hopes on the line for both teams.

HV has to be able to play physical. DB falls apart when the game gets physical and will start getting personal foul penalties. DB passing game and pass defense is pretty bad. They have a couple of big impressive RBs that are physical and quick. I haven’t seen HV play so I have no idea how HV matches up with DB but I’m sure DB will be playing with a purpose after the BUTT WHOOPIN farragut gave them.

Both teams have had 3 Region-1 games.
The only common opponent is Science Hill, DB won 24-21 and HVA lost 17-3.
In Region-1 games, DB has been outscored 96-74 (170 points total), HVA has outscored opponents 92-62 (154 points total).
170 + 154 gives us 324.
If we take the middle 2 and then sum the first 2 digits we get DB's record (2-5).
If we drop the middle 2 and juxtapose the 3 and 4 we get HVA's record (4-3).
Kingsport is approximately 324 feet higher in elevation and the oxygen deprivation will affect the Hawks.
DB has 74 total R1 points, 7 x 4 = 28.
HVA has 92 total R1 points, 9 x 2 = 18.
And there is your score, Tribe takes it 28-18.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, blazer1set said:

Both teams have had 3 Region-1 games.
The only common opponent is Science Hill, DB won 24-21 and HVA lost 17-3.
In Region-1 games, DB has been outscored 96-74 (170 points total), HVA has outscored opponents 92-62 (154 points total).
170 + 154 gives us 324.
If we take the middle 2 and then sum the first 2 digits we get DB's record (2-5).
If we drop the middle 2 and juxtapose the 3 and 4 we get HVA's record (4-3).
Kingsport is approximately 324 feet higher in elevation and the oxygen deprivation will affect the Hawks.
DB has 74 total R1 points, 7 x 4 = 28.
HVA has 92 total R1 points, 9 x 2 = 18.
And there is your score, Tribe takes it 28-18.

That was fun.

They both also played Oak Ridge where DB lost 41-12 and HVA lost 23-7.

Unfortunately you failed to mention that 324 is also the reverse of Kingsport's area code of 423... meaning your prediction is probably also backwards. :thumb:

I read on another thread that this wasn't a must win game for Dobyns-bennett to make the playoffs.I'd hate to see what would have to happen in the last two weeks to make that so.Pretty simple if DB wins the next three and then hope it falls into a 3 seed.That to me is the best case for the Tribe.On the other side of this, after that cluster a couple weeks ago, if they can't win this game,then a 2-8,3-7 or 4-6 team doesn't deserve to be playing .I just don't see DB losing this game unless the football players and coaches have given up on the season...…..DB 35-21

8 hours ago, bounder said:

Plus you have to play the zebras up to DB also!

I've got a few friends that ref  and they do a very good,fair and honest job,that's why they have also done playoffs and championships in different sports.I guarantee if it's a poorly called game at DB it's not because the refs favor DB over another team.Refs for the most do the best they can but I've seen DB get as high a percentage or worst calls at home then their opponents for many years.There are checks and balances for the tssaa officiating crews but let's be real, there are still a  few that simply are not up to the standards and we have all seen them .

1 hour ago, BatmanDevil said:

I've got a few friends that ref  and they do a very good,fair and honest job,that's why they have also done playoffs and championships in different sports.I guarantee if it's a poorly called game at DB it's not because the refs favor DB over another team.Refs for the most do the best they can but I've seen DB get as high a percentage or worst calls at home then their opponents for many years.There are checks and balances for the tssaa officiating crews but let's be real, there are still a  few that simply are not up to the standards and we have all seen them .

Batman - at the Boone/Volunteer game last week we only had 5 refs.   I don't know the circumstances but the announcer said one of them was a sub at that...      I was awaiting a poorly called game due to the probable inexperience but in actuality they did a pretty good job.     In this case you have 5 guys trying to watch 22 players, so of course things get missed here and there, but it generally balances out in the end.    Over the years Boone has had a few bad calls that one might say cost the game, but on the other hand we have gotten away with things that they missed that sealed the game, so in the end I agree with you, it all evens out.

3 hours ago, blazer1set said:

Batman - at the Boone/Volunteer game last week we only had 5 refs.   I don't know the circumstances but the announcer said one of them was a sub at that...      I was awaiting a poorly called game due to the probable inexperience but in actuality they did a pretty good job.     In this case you have 5 guys trying to watch 22 players, so of course things get missed here and there, but it generally balances out in the end.    Over the years Boone has had a few bad calls that one might say cost the game, but on the other hand we have gotten away with things that they missed that sealed the game, so in the end I agree with you, it all evens out.

Yep,that DB vs Boone game at J Fred in 2009.I can't even remember what made me so mad about the refs that night but it doesn't change the fact Boone still has the win.

Having played years ago in J Fred and grown up around DB culture and football... I do not expect the refs to play a factor any more than a typical Friday night game.  The "big house" and big band of high school football probably plays a bigger factor in home field advantage for the Indians.  Bottom line is that DB has all the tools and talent to win big in this one.  At the same time, the Hawks have the ability to win this one as well if they execute - especially through the air.  I put a slight advantage to the coaches at HVA, just because their system is set (however that may actually be their weakness too).  At the end of the day it will depend on how the boys from both teams play and I expect this one to be a tough 4 quarter battle.