Bradley visits Heritage

BarneySox2007

The only thing I can say about this one is the second half should go by pretty fast. Also would like to say I live out near Heritage and passed by last week two different days and the team was practicing during fall break while another school on the other side of town took the week off. Being 0-7 with the hardest part of the schedule to go shows me these kids that have stuck it out are the real winners and should be very proud. Don't know what the future is out there and would rather wait til season is over before speculating in best interest of the team.

1 hour ago, BarneySox2007 said:

The only thing I can say about this one is the second half should go by pretty fast. Also would like to say I live out near Heritage and passed by last week two different days and the team was practicing during fall break while another school on the other side of town took the week off. Being 0-7 with the hardest part of the schedule to go shows me these kids that have stuck it out are the real winners and should be very proud. Don't know what the future is out there and would rather wait til season is over before speculating in best interest of the team.

Yes, those kids are real winners for sticking it out and not quitting. Unless, they wanted to quit and transfer to Maryville. Then it’s ok to quit, because who can blame them? 

2 hours ago, BarneySox2007 said:

I get the point behind what you're saying about being proud for sticking it out, but should they be proud of just sticking it out, if they aren't actually working hard? I've got a friend who is close to the program, and he tells me that the coaches are frustrated because the kids simply give no effort in practice and are extremely uncoachable. You can't mistake activity for achievement. 

19 minutes ago, HSfootballfanatic12 said:

I get the point behind what you're saying about being proud for sticking it out, but should they be proud of just sticking it out, if they aren't actually working hard? I've got a friend who is close to the program, and he tells me that the coaches are frustrated because the kids simply give no effort in practice and are extremely uncoachable. You can't mistake activity for achievement. 

Maybe the coaches are unrelateable to the players. 

1 minute ago, rebelwoman87 said:

Maybe the coaches are unrelateable to the players. 

That's a fair point, but I don't think they are responsible for all of the blame. If players don't want to work, they won't. I'm just saying if thats the case, people shouldn't be on here praising kids for just going somewhere and halfway doing something. Their future employers certainly won't. I'm just going off what I know from a friend who is close to the program. If it is the coaching staffs inability to relate, what do you think changed in their approach? This is basically the same staff that seemed to have Heritage improving just a few years prior. 

11 minutes ago, HSfootballfanatic12 said:

...This is basically the same staff that seemed to have Heritage improving just a few years prior. 

Being in 5A helped. They were in 5A when someone thought that a "Super 32" would help smaller schools. It had the opposite effect. It pushed better teams into smaller classifications. Farragut benefited with a championship in 5A. 

Edited by Red Rebels
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Red Rebels said:

Being in 5A helped. They were in 5A when someone thought that a "Super 32" would help smaller schools. It had the opposite effect. It pushed better teams into smaller classifications. Farragut benefited with a championship in 5A. 

So, are you saying the coaching staff had nothing to do with it? It was strictly based on being 5A? I agree  that helped, but those Heritage teams weren't beating some of the teams they played on just talent alone. They weren't talented enough to do that. 

3 minutes ago, HSfootballfanatic12 said:

So, are you saying the coaching staff had nothing to do with it? It was strictly based on being 5A? I agree  that helped, but those Heritage teams weren't beating some of the teams they played on just talent alone. They weren't talented enough to do that. 

Heritage beat a much more talented south Doyle team last year they had no business playing with. That was mainly because heritage looked more disciplined and more prepared. 

1 minute ago, HSfootballfanatic12 said:

That last senior class helped as well. Its my understanding that a few very good athletes that would have been seniors this yr , decided to play other sports only instead playing football as well.

But you have to consider Heritage being in 5A a huge factor. Big difference in 5A and 6A.