Bradley visits Heritage

BarneySox2007

15 hours ago, Red Rebels said:

Maryville kids work their tails off in the classroom and in athletics. There is a culture of competition throughout the schools. 

You can attain great things at any school. There are National Merit Scholars at WB and Heritage. There are kids who make a 36 on their ACT at both schools also. 

I went to WB. My wife went to Heritage. Who gets to claim my kids.

A lot of people don't know this but I also made a 36 on the ACT. I took it four times and made a 9 each time giving me a 36. That should be a lesson for everyone not to  judge a book by it's cover.

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, JohnnyLawrence said:

Yep...got my Grade 12 from there too. 

About the only thing that I have seen in this thread that I agree with is that A&M should not play Alcoee....does no good....go play Seymour or Northfield or GP. 

Alnwick should play them...better team.

ACT scores as a reason to go city: Myth - Alnwick has had a higher composite ACT and more Merit Scholars than both city schools a few years now.

A&M needs to send 9th grade to the building next door and make Freshman ineligible for ALL sports. Use 10-12 enrollment for TSSAA and drop down to 4A. That won't even hurt them in girls basketball...which some city girls have driven across town to participate in....entrisin.

As some know...I have kinda been drawn in to the A&M sitiuation. Things I know that are issues....

Ham left all his starters in at McMinn a few weeks ago when the score was 42-0 after one play in the second Qtr. You only have 38ish players...not all got in. WHY?

Ham cancelled the JV/Freshman schedule after week 1...... not enough bodies after he sent three starters to JV game at SDHS in week 1......WHY?

Ham is not going to be at A&M in 2019...most know where he is going to be already, so the "rebuild" continues next year.

Went to Alnwick v Murvil couple weeks ago...$had left starters in until FINALLY got a TD v Lil Rebs....again WHY?

Living all these kids on the bench after they are tackling dummies for the starters all week is just selfish. THEY WILL NEVER BUILD DEPTH IF THEY DONT PLAY ALL THE KIDS JUST TO SAVE THEIR FACE1111

SELFISH!!!!

One thing to remember in all this is that Blount Co. has NEVER fired a coach since consolidation....all have left "on their own"... even Tommy Rewis and Farmer Fickert....

I need to go get a glass of water....

Being the 9th grade is in a different building at WB, I asked the AD there several years ago to eliminate 9th graders from any varsity sports so they may qualify for 5A....according to what he told me then, when TSSAA does reclassification, if 9th grade is not included they would still add a pro rated number for the freshmen and add it to the classification numbers, so he said what I was suggesting would not work.  That came from Ridge and I believe he had already talked to TSSAA about this scenario when he told me this.

IMO, with the right leader WB could get to a point of being competitive in 6A....not saying they will be in state championships any time soon, but they could be competitive and win 5 or 6 games a year with an occasional 7-8 win season.  Again, IMO, the program would be much better off right now had Ridge stayed the coach or if they would have went with the other hire they were about to make before Shad came on the scene. 

With the county continuing to grow the way it is, I don't see any hope that WB or Heritage will be able to move down anytime soon.  With one huge subdivision already approved on Best Rd and the Mac Pate Farm up for sale now (which will probably be another big subdivision in the near future), I think they will have to build the Carpenters High School that is in the plans.  Maybe when this happens it may take enough students from WB that they can move down to 4A or 5A.

I cant blame kids or parents that want to go to Maryville or Alcoa, there is only 3 or 4 years there to have fun and make a few memories and there are no do overs.  The WB folks like to think that they have lost a lot of kids to Maryville or Alcoa, what they better hope is that GB doesn't open their borders where these Blount County kids can go there without having to live in Loudon County, because if they do half of the WB team would be there now.

Edited by jake

1 hour ago, jake said:

The WB folks like to think that they have lost a lot of kids to Maryville or Alcoa, what they better hope is that GB doesn't open their borders where these Blount County kids can go there without having to live in Loudon County, because if they do half of the WB team would be there now.

It used to be open in the 37742. If your address said Greenback, you could go there. I don't know if it was official or just the lack of good maps and record keeping. I tried to transfer there my Senior year after the Blount County teachers went on strike.  

21 hours ago, Throwdeslant said:

Still say, if Heritage won’t/can’t play Alcoa in one sport, they shouldn’t expect to play other sports... That goes for WB also....

They don't expect anything. Your AD and HC's decide if they play in the other sports lol so if you're mad about Heritage and WB playing Alcoa in other sports and not football, go complain to those folks. 

26 minutes ago, HSfootballfanatic12 said:

They don't expect anything. Your AD and HC's decide if they play in the other sports lol so if you're mad about Heritage and WB playing Alcoa in other sports and not football, go complain to those folks. 

Not mad at all. Life is good! Just giving back the same thing you’re dishing with football. I don’t see you whining about playing Alcoa in other sports. That’s kinda amusing... pick and choose, I guess...

Edited by Throwdeslant

3 hours ago, Red Rebels said:

It used to be open in the 37742. If your address said Greenback, you could go there. I don't know if it was official or just the lack of good maps and record keeping. I tried to transfer there my Senior year after the Blount County teachers went on strike.  

It may be the same now, but I was told you had to live in Loudon County.

I peek onto the Boards and what do I find? 5 pages of posts about Bradley and Heritage... And not one even mentions the Bradley Bears. :shock:

While I do think that there will be a running clock in the second half and Coach Floyd will pretty much play everyone, the game still has to be played, and you never know how that ball will bounce.

Go Bears

(had to say something about Bradley to give lip service to the title)

2 hours ago, alt1958 said:

I peek onto the Boards and what do I find? 5 pages of posts about Bradley and Heritage... And not one even mentions the Bradley Bears. :shock:

While I do think that there will be a running clock in the second half and Coach Floyd will pretty much play everyone, the game still has to be played, and you never know how that ball will bounce.

Go Bears

(had to say something about Bradley to give lip service to the title)

Hope you all take it easy on Heritage and let everyone play.