LEWIS CO CROSSES THE TN RIVER WHAT NOW

selectedgrain

Ok I’ve heard this before so let’s at least talk facts. In the playoff game SH had 4 penalties and LC had 4 penalties, not too lopsided if you ask me . The first game SH had 15 because they were an undisciplined team coached by an undisciplined coach. Not trying to be disrespectful just stating the facts.

1 hour ago, ddaddy said:

Ok I’ve heard this before so let’s at least talk facts. In the playoff game SH had 4 penalties and LC had 4 penalties, not too lopsided if you ask me . The first game SH had 15 because they were an undisciplined team coached by an undisciplined coach. Not trying to be disrespectful just stating the facts.

First game we were undisciplined and had 5 or 6 penalties for lining up incorrectly/neutral zone...unchallenged. We probably had another 5 or 6 for offsides and encroachment...on us completely. That's about 12 to 15 legit penalties that I place squarely on our HC at the time (rest of staff was left over from a very disciplined coaching staff, which included our HC). Watching film on the game tells the rest. Touchdowns called back for phantom holds on us, and touchdown runs for LC with obvious holds. I really wouldn't have complained then, and wouldn't have mentioned it now if I felt that LC held and we didn't, but both were called, or neither were called...when it's as obvious as some of those, it's hard to swallow. LC was the better team...period. They didn't need, nor ask for the partiality...but it was there. I was not at the second (playoff) game nor watched the film, but was told by the coaches that the penalty count was almost as bad as the first (which I posted last year)… I'll go back and check for the count posted.

8 hours ago, tradertwo said:

Water under the bridge 38320, but last season we played at LC twice...first game penalties 24 against SH, and 2 (yes,2) against LC... to borrow a catch phrase, COME ON, MAN!!! Second game (playoffs) were almost identical. Lewis County was the better team, and would have won in both regardless...but the sheer number, and even the nature of some of the calls were ridiculous...coach got ejected for questioning a call without cursing or shouting at the ref, when replay showed the call was bogus, and even a LC poster said the coach did or said nothing warranting getting tossed.

yep, case in point

7 hours ago, tradertwo said:

First game we were undisciplined and had 5 or 6 penalties for lining up incorrectly/neutral zone...unchallenged. We probably had another 5 or 6 for offsides and encroachment...on us completely. That's about 12 to 15 legit penalties that I place squarely on our HC at the time (rest of staff was left over from a very disciplined coaching staff, which included our HC). Watching film on the game tells the rest. Touchdowns called back for phantom holds on us, and touchdown runs for LC with obvious holds. I really wouldn't have complained then, and wouldn't have mentioned it now if I felt that LC held and we didn't, but both were called, or neither were called...when it's as obvious as some of those, it's hard to swallow. LC was the better team...period. They didn't need, nor ask for the partiality...but it was there. I was not at the second (playoff) game nor watched the film, but was told by the coaches that the penalty count was almost as bad as the first (which I posted last year)… I'll go back and check for the count posted.

We can agree that the penalties were lopsided in the 1st game where SH had a total of 15. The PO game both had 4 each. This is a mute point and I only commented because of the misinformation and implications that LC gets calls. In every game played there are miscalls and no calls and I’m sure this one was no different. 

14 hours ago, ddaddy said:

We can agree that the penalties were lopsided in the 1st game where SH had a total of 15. The PO game both had 4 each. This is a mute point and I only commented because of the misinformation and implications that LC gets calls. In every game played there are miscalls and no calls and I’m sure this one was no different. 

Case in point...SH sacked LC's QB for a 10+ yard loss, and ref threw a flag at the feet of an obvious hold on an offensive lineman on the play. SH coach was signaling to decline the penalty when the ref explained that the flag was for "clipping" on the SH player, and stepped off a 15 yard penalty. That's a 25+ yard "missed call" that defies any explanation. That's also the play that resulted in our coach being tossed for questioning the call, and missing the next two games. The LC poster that commented that our coach did nothing to warrant being ejected was ddaddy.

Again...water under the bridge, and no hard feelings at LC for anything. Just commented because it pertained to the topic.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/10/2018 at 9:28 AM, mrbigster said:

Coach Sharp doesn't need to play Obion Central at Bethel.Put in a phone call and play his boyhood home town school,the other L.C.H.S. at Lake Co.in a home and home game.

That will never happen! Never! Heaven forbid LC playing an average to decent opponent in an OOC game. Notice, this is against Obion County (a basketball school) but non Union City. 

11 hours ago, Pizzpatriot2 said:

That will never happen! Never! Heaven forbid LC playing an average to decent opponent in an OOC game. Notice, this is against Obion County (a basketball school) but non Union City. 

LOL.Was just joking with Coach Sharp. Thought Id get a reply from ddaddy  but it didn't  happen.Looks like they got a big win Friday night .

1 hour ago, mrbigster said:

LOL.Was just joking with Coach Sharp. Thought Id get a reply from ddaddy  but it didn't  happen.Looks like they got a big win Friday night .

Coach Sharp said that he just didn’t have the heart to put it on his old team. He’s afraid it would kill his lifetime friendship with you.  :)