Elizabethton vs Anderson

EHSTrack06

10 hours ago, MavMafia18 said:

The “but” at the end signifies your small mind. He’s not one that worries about what’s next. This is a kid that truly puts his faith in God and trusts whatever comes next for him. There’s thousands of kids that are probably twice as talented as any kid you’ve even seen that decide to chase an education over sports every year. Please at least try to have an intelligent point of view before you speak. You’re embarrassing yourself with every post. You might end up the leader of the pack before nights end. SMH again!

It was a simple question. I am sure this kid has a plan for his future. It isn't a question of "chasing education over sports".  For a lot of these kids sports opens the door to education. A scholarship to play at the collegiate level is a precious gift.  I don't think it is out of line to ask if a Mr Football nominated superman like Stanton is going to play in college given the pedestal you are building for him in Clinton. I mean seriously, every time the subject comes up it is deflected. We started looking at colleges for my kids when they were Juniors. Our son chose the military over college sports. He had a different calling. But he knew early that was the direction he was going in.  I just don't understand why you all get so testy. It seems to be Anderson County's best kept secret.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Mavericksinflight said:

Be careful of what you say...we all hope everyone stays healthy but at any given point someone could get hurt and that is a part of playing football....lol that is why I was a punter lol...

Ok guys,  I am not wishing an injury on this kid. The point is that his injuries are always called out by AC fans as convenient excuses for losses. No doubt it was his injuries that led to those 3-7 seasons. I hated when he was injured last year however Mav fans continue to point to it as the reason for the Greeneville win.  So if Greeneville lays a fire-snot whoopin' on them Friday night, I want it to  be because they are bigger, faster, stronger and better coached not because of the loss of a key Mav player. Now you boys dial it back a notch.  Yall act like I have broken out my Martin voodoo doll and started sticking pins in it.

• Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, barb said:

Ok guys,  I am not wishing an injury on this kid. The point is that his injuries are always called out by AC fans as convenient excuses for losses. No doubt it was his injuries that led to those 3-7 seasons. I hated when he was injured last year however Mav fans continue to point to it as the reason for the Greeneville win.  So if Greeneville lays a fire-snot whoopin' on them Friday night, I want it to  be because they are bigger, faster, stronger and better coached not because of the loss of a key Mav player. Now you boys dial it back a notch.  Yall act like I have broken out my Martin voodoo doll and started sticking pins in it.

You have one of those!? You think we can get a Drew Lock one for next Saturday? I really would like to see Pruitt and the Vols go bowling in year 1. 

6 minutes ago, budkilmer said:

You have one of those!? You think we can get a Drew Lock one for next Saturday? I really would like to see Pruitt and the Vols go bowling in year 1. 

Ok but I will need a few strands of his hair or some nail clippings. Do you know if there will be a full moon before then?

10 hours ago, Mavericksinflight said:

I think we all say things that at the time seem right without thought. And I believe this was just a slip of the toung 

Sorry MIF. But I gotta disagree with you this one time.  One post by the, ahem “girl”, and I could agree. But “she” has dug in “ her” heels with many a post after that attempting to justify what “she” said. “She’s” unrepentant. So “she” doesn’t get a pass from me. 

4 minutes ago, TomJoad said:

Sorry MIF. But I gotta disagree with you this one time.  One post by the, ahem “girl”, and I could agree. But “she” has dug in “ her” heels with many a post after that attempting to justify what “she” said. “She’s” unrepentant. So “she” doesn’t get a pass from me. 

I understand. Remember I am num from taking beating from DevilMan so nothing surprises me anymore lol