Elizabethton vs Anderson

EHSTrack06

1 minute ago, Cyclonefan16 said:

This “girl” really has something for Witten.  What’s the bone you have to pick,  let us all know.  All you hear from you is how bad he is.  

I thought he called a crappy game against Greeneville, given the wealth of talent at his disposal.  And this "girl" is a 67 year old lady who has been around Greeneville football for almost 20 years. I remember the first "official" scheduling change Witten made was to drop Greeneville, ending one of their longest standing rivalries. He had to listen to a whole lotta crap that season from all sides. It was right after Zeller left Greeneville and they brought that guy MacCurry in from NC.  Seems like Betsy has a hard time getting past the second round of the playoffs, despite a very competitive non-conference schedule. Now that all the talented kids in NET are taking a hard look at David Crockett, Witten may not attract the local talent he used to get from up in the mountains and Johnson City. He always has talented athletes that never really get noticed outside of NET.

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, barb said:

I thought he called a crappy game against Greeneville, given the wealth of talent at his disposal.  And this "girl" is a 67 year old lady who has been around Greeneville football for almost 20 years. I remember the first "official" scheduling change Witten made was to drop Greeneville, ending one of their longest standing rivalries. He had to listen to a whole lotta crap that season from all sides. It was right after Zeller left Greeneville and they brought that guy MacCurry in from NC.  Seems like Betsy has a hard time getting past the second round of the playoffs, despite a very competitive non-conference schedule. Now that all the talented kids in NET are taking a hard look at David Crockett, Witten may not attract the local talent he used to get from up in the mountains and Johnson City. He always has talented athletes that never really get noticed outside of NET.

In your 67 years you’re bumped your head one too many times.  We made the move from 4A to 3A a few years back because we are a 3A school.  When TSSAA made region adjustments and put away games were 2+ hours away they decided 4A would be a better fit for travel,  and that was done without approval of coach Witten.  That’s neither here nor there now.  Talk about recruiting?  How many Greeneville guys should be attending the county HS?  It happens in every system so stop acting like he gets some wealth of talent and he is alone doing it.  I hardly doubt Coach Witten is worried about David Crockett or should we say the Science Hill county school.  Barb,  get off your high horse.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Cyclonefan16 said:

In your 67 years you’re bumped your head one too many times.  We made the move from 4A to 3A a few years back because we are a 3A school.  When TSSAA made region adjustments and put away games were 2+ hours away they decided 4A would be a better fit for travel,  and that was done without approval of coach Witten.  That’s neither here nor there now.  Talk about recruiting?  How many Greeneville guys should be attending the county HS?  It happens in every system so stop acting like he gets some wealth of talent and he is alone doing it.  I hardly doubt Coach Witten is worried about David Crockett or should we say the Science Hill county school.  Barb,  get off your high horse.

That's BS...Greeneville was always a non-conference game for Elizabethton and had nothing to do with region adjustments. And I said nothing about recruiting. I said attracting talent and there are plenty of local kids bailing out of Johnson and Sullivan County because of program disarray and plenty of parents willing to relocate for a better opportunity for their kid.  If TSSAA approves the new transfer rules these kids will be able to transfer to schools with different classification without having to sit. If I were a coach anywhere in NET, I would not miss a chance at some of these kids.

18 minutes ago, Cyclonefan16 said:

So basically your talking about recruiting?  Don’t be an idiot.

I'm pretty sure when you field a state championship team and have kids getting recruited to d1 college programs you don't have to recruit. Its like Field of Dreams...if you build it they will come. 

4 minutes ago, barb said:

I'm pretty sure when you field a state championship team and have kids getting recruited to d1 college programs you don't have to recruit. Its like Field of Dreams...if you build it they will come. 

Barb,  have a good day.  You’re impossible.  To be 67,  you act 17 on a message board about 17 year olds so I guess it’s fitting.  From your comments about recruiting and a program and coach you know nothing about to comments about a standout kid getting injured and poking fun at it,  I’m done with it.  You’ve showed your wrinkled butt enough,  go to bed.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Cyclonefan16 said:

Cyclonefan16 Barb isn't off When Witten was hired in 2007 Betsy dropped Greeneville after playing every year since 1953.  This left Greeneville scrambling to find a game with Mercer Co. out of Kentucky the year after they won a state championship.  Betsy didn't move from 4a to 3a until 2009 when TN went to 6 classifications (Both met in the first round of play-offs in 2008 with Greeneville winning).  Betsy did have a hard time making it out of the 2nd round until moving to 3a (since 2000 Betsy got past the 2nd round once in 2004).  Ive always had a lot of respect for Betsy because they are always a tough nosed team.