Elizabethton vs Anderson

EHSTrack06

24 minutes ago, LarryGee77 said:

So the brush wasn’t so broad after all.  I saw somewhere where Stanton had a really high ACT and somewhere around a 4.3 or 4 gpa.  Football isn’t life. As a former school administrator and athletics director I can attest to that statement.  Football is a game.  For some it can become an avenue for other things but it looks like Stanton will be just fine.  And I’ll say this...Ballard is phenomenal...yet I’ll bet a year’s retirement he never takes a snap at QB at Army.  He will play at some point but it’ll never be there.  Shame on you for even bragging about a young man’s injuries and using that to be a “keyboard tough guy” .  That’s really dumb .  All there is to it.

Can I have your contact info so I can hold you to that?

12 minutes ago, barb said:

Well, we tend to equate college talent with HS performance. It is a barometer. Does Stanton intend to play college ball or is he an academic. Not knocking the kid but...

The “but” at the end signifies your small mind. He’s not one that worries about what’s next. This is a kid that truly puts his faith in God and trusts whatever comes next for him. There’s thousands of kids that are probably twice as talented as any kid you’ve even seen that decide to chase an education over sports every year. Please at least try to have an intelligent point of view before you speak. You’re embarrassing yourself with every post. You might end up the leader of the pack before nights end. SMH again!

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, barb said:

yeah, what's Stanton going to tear/break/strain this game? The dude has had an injury every year. Convenient excuse but you play the hand you are dealt. Win or lose. At least Greeneville has had a healthy dude under center.

WOW.....barb, you need to retract this one IMO. I know us Greene Devils fans have had alot of fun on here recently and have been afforded the opportunity to see a great great era of Devils football like none before and probably after this one is over, but I like to think....no, i KNOW that this isnt the normal vernacular of the Greene Devil nation. Im actually shocked those words came out of your......fingers. Sure, Cade has been very fortunate to have stayed mostly injury free throughout his HS career to this point, but i feel like i should remind you that karma is a mofo and that could change with one play gone wrong. I wish/hope for nothing but the best for all the kids on ours and every other team we play and would never make the statement you made here. Please tell me you had had one too many of something, anything...before you made this comment! 

p.s. dear karma gods, please disregard barbs comment here.

• Thanks 1

Just now, BVDevil said:

WOW.....barb, you need to retract this one IMO. I know us Greene Devils fans have had alot of fun on here recently and have been afforded the opportunity to see a great great era of Devils football like none before and probably after this one is over, but I like to think....no, i KNOW that this isnt the normal vernacular of the Greene Devil nation. Im actually shocked those words came out of your......fingers. Sure, Cade has been very fortunate to have stayed mostly injury free throughout his HS career to this point, but i feel like i should remind you that karma is a mofo and that could change with one play gone wrong. I wish/hope for nothing but the best for all the kids on ours and every other team we play and would never make the statement you made here. Please tell me you had had one too many of something, anything...before you made this comment! 

I have a new level of respect for you after reading this. Classy move!! Appreciate it. 

• Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, MavMafia18 said:

I have a new level of respect for you after reading this. Classy move!! Appreciate it. 

well, im not sure WHAT people think of me anymore on here because of how my posts have changed so much this year from the way they use to be. It seems alot of people think im all of a sudden this trash talking, disrespectful, arrogant, classless  guy and that couldnt be further from the truth. I have changed the tone of my posts this season only to have some fun with mostly you AC fans....most particularly mavsinflight...and we've had a good year of fun doing it. My posts have changed, my character has not. I will never condone  or support anyone making sideways comments about a kids injury, injuries or the potential of injury, regardless of which team a person is a fan of, theres no room for that on here, or anywhere else. It's my hope that barb meant nothing by it and that maybe i'm over reacting.

1 hour ago, BVDevil said:

16 minutes ago, BVDevil said:

well, im not sure WHAT people think of me anymore on here because of how my posts have changed so much this year from the way they use to be. It seems alot of people think im all of a sudden this trash talking, disrespectful, arrogant, classless  guy and that couldnt be further from the truth. I have changed the tone of my posts this season only to have some fun with mostly you AC fans....most particularly mavsinflight...and we've had a good year of fun doing it. My posts have changed, my character has not. I will never condone  or support anyone making sideways comments about a kids injury, injuries or the potential of injury, regardless of which team a person is a fan of, theres no room for that on here, or anywhere else. It's my hope that barb meant nothing by it and that maybe i'm over reacting.

The FANS are responsible for what is posted on coacht. I am sick to death of AC fans posting "but the torn ACL" last season. If  they dish it, they better take it. The kid is tough enough to take the expectations that are heaped on him by the many fans. Its too much to heap on 1 kid.  Same for Ballard. However it is ultimately coming down to the performance of Mr Football.  I just think that these 2 teams need to play the cards they are dealt...injury or not. Stop with the excuses/ expectations on 1 kid. Maybe it is the defense or the receivers that make the difference. If so i'm liking  my devils. All about the D... Not backing down

Edited by barb

Sorry to disappoint everyone but I have been posting on this matchup EVERY YEAR for several of them and the story has been the same from AC Fans... Martin is great but hurt.  So what...I hope this year is different. I hope Stanton faces Greeneville in all his glory. Obviously its the only way Greeneville will get any respect  ( or not ) from you folks in Clinton. If the dude gets hurt again early this year, you just need to own it and move on. However, Noone seems to pin down his recruiting. What's up with that?

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, BVDevil said:

I think we all say things that at the time seem right without thought. And I believe this was just a slip of the toung