CA vs Lewis County

Jdman

58 minutes ago, GeneralAmerigha said:

I'll take mine double fried with a side of refried beans. 

I completely missed this one. This is the most impressive accomplishment by any team in R5 since CA beat Waverly last year. 

All LC did is beat 3 teams in a week, the 3rd of which was a Top 4 team in the state. And they did it on the road. 

It was 20-7 late, which means that LC's defense controlled the game. not what I expected. 

LC fans have a great field, and a coach that's been there forever who has truly built a legacy. They have nice fans (even the band moms gave our band kids ziti I was told), they are a true public school, and they seem to do everything the right way.

If they can finish healthy, they are looking at a game at Waverly in about a month to see who goes to Sate semis. That would put them 2 wins from a state title.

It's been a crazy year in 2A. Anything can happen. I will be cheering for them after Forrest's expected early exit.   

Thank GA, I’ll take that. You recognized the importance of Webb on our team long ago and last night was no different. He rushed for 70 yds, went 2 of 3 passing for a TD. Also had 7 tackles and an int.

2 hours ago, GeneralAmerigha said:

I completely missed this one. This is the most impressive accomplishment by any team in R5 since CA beat Waverly last year. 

All LC did is beat 3 teams in a week, the 3rd of which was a Top 4 team in the state. And they did it on the road. 

It was 20-7 late, which means that LC's defense controlled the game. not what I expected. 

LC fans have a great field, and a coach that's been there forever who has truly built a legacy. They have nice fans (even the band moms gave our band kids ziti I was told), they are a true public school, and they seem to do everything the right way.

If they can finish healthy, they are looking at a game at Waverly in about a month to see who goes to Sate semis. That would put them 2 wins from a state title.

It's been a crazy year in 2A. Anything can happen. I will be cheering for them after Forrest's expected early exit.   

Lewis county can't over look Riverside in the 2nd round . Riverside is a alot better run stopping team.than CA. Lewis county  will lose to Riverside in the 2nd round 

3 minutes ago, Wavo2004 said:

Lewis county can't over look Riverside in the 2nd round . Riverside is a alot better run stopping team.than CA. Lewis county  will lose to Riverside in the 2nd round 

I assure you that LC won’t overlook RS. It should be a good game at LC , if they get by Eagleville.

4 minutes ago, Wavo2004 said:

I agree with this. Riverside will need to play a very clean game though as that ball takes some funny bounces in Hohenwald. 

4 minutes ago, Wavo2004 said:

Oh I know it does Swarm . U going to make the trip to Wavo for the 2nd round which should be Waverly and CA

Nah. We'll be hosting East Nashville in Fairview. Odds are I'll be watching you guys round 3 but I hope not if you know what I mean. Lol. 

3 hours ago, GeneralAmerigha said:

The first 7 for CA was not against the LC defense. CA scored in an athletic play on a tipped pass/pick 6. CA also scored on a safety, a great coaching decision where LC faced 4th and forever on their own 1. QB took snap and scrambled around in the end zone before running out of bounds, running several seconds off the clock in the process.