Whitehaven at Germantown - The 2018 Region 8, 6A Title Game

kwc

On 10/22/2018 at 10:22 AM, BlackHavenSenator said:

Danny and I are more than fans...

On 10/22/2018 at 10:25 AM, Respect901fball said:

Unfortunate for Whitehaven if that's true. Like you said earlier, I just want a good officiated, injury free game. 

No harm meant but Whitehaven is undisciplined, was very clearly out coached and out schemed again and based on what I saw has some very overrated players. They got the breaks from officials or would have been mercy ruled. I do hope theses two teams  meet again though. 

On 10/20/2018 at 12:12 PM, kwc said:

Both are undefeated in Region 8, 6A. Germantown is 9-0 with a 19 game win streak. The Haven is 7-2 on the season with losses to last years D2-2A state champ, Lausanne, and last year's Arkansas 7A state champ, North Little Rock.  Both of whom are undefeated currently.

So, who are you rolling with in this one? how do you think this one plays out? Let's get it started!

Now that you guys have seen first hand what I've been saying all season... 

3 losses to 3 pretty good teams.

18 point lost to Gtown, 10 point lost to the best team in Arkansas, and a 3 point loss to Lausanne. 

Who is the best team? I'll wait....

8 hours ago, TraderB said:

That's an excellent summation.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

While Whitehaven had a handful of big pass plays here and there, Germantown was very consistent in moving the ball  -- running and passing, especially the intermediate passing game.  When you combine that with a stout defense,  Gtwn established superiority very early on and never really let up.

Overall, Gtwn's defense really rose to the occasion.   Offensively,  much credit to the coaching staff for recognizing very early that they could exploit Whitehaven's cornerback #6, easily and often!     And that's  pretty much what they did, all night long, especially whenever they needed to pick up  15+ yards.  Thus, number 3 for Gtwn had himself one monster "receiving" night!

Side notes:    

1)  The  Cornerback (#6)  for Whitehaven got torched so often that I actually found myself starting to feel really badly for him.    While he was an excellent tackler and demonstrated lots of courage, his cornerback skills were flatly non-existent.

2) The receiver for Whitehaven (#14) has some serious ball-catching skills!  Unfortunately for him and his team, the QB was off-target more than he was accurate and, therefore, could not consistently deliver the ball..... Whatever College he attends-- they are getting an excellent receiver!

Bottom line:   Germantown is real-deal this year.    They are clearly a much better team than last year!   So, no -- I absolutely would not be shocked to see them run the table, all the way to a Gold Ball.

The receiver for Whitehaven (#14) has some serious ball-catching skills! 

I agree, but I think the receiver  # 3 from Gtown  is just as good...if not better than 14. He doesn't  have the size of #14 but he's got all the tools and LOTS of heart. Somebody is gonna get a steal...IMO...

We got what we deserved!! When you lose 3 key on defense and 2 on offense including your starting RB this is what you get. We had no run game whatsoever...they made big plays and they took our big plays away because we were one dimensional...then kids got frustrated and lost control and that was all folks. I still believe we can get back to the 3rd rd but after that I'm not sure unless we get the guys back that sat out mainly our RB.

54 minutes ago, Respect901fball said:

18 point lost to Gtown, 10 point lost to the best team in Arkansas, and a 3 point loss to Lausanne. 

After watching Germantown and Lausanne play us I would still give Lausanne the edge over Germantown if they were to play head up. Both teams are disciplined, well coached and athletic but from my eye test Lausanne is slightly better even tho Germantown had the bigger win over us. Germantown did what good teams do; capitalize on your opponents mistakes and we had a plethora of mistakes last night. It was just overall a lot of bad stuff going on last night for us on and off the field and on the sidelines and it showed on the scoreboard. We just gotta clean it up and fast or we might not make it past the first or second round let alone get a chance to redeem ourselves against GTown. 

12 minutes ago, coach10ac said:

We got what we deserved!! When you lose 3 key on defense and 2 on offense including your starting RB this is what you get. We had no run game whatsoever...they made big plays and they took our big plays away because we were one dimensional...then kids got frustrated and lost control and that was all folks. I still believe we can get back to the 3rd rd but after that I'm not sure unless we get the guys back that sat out mainly our RB.

You guys have used this.. "we ain't got everybody" excuse a lil too much man this season. One characteristic of being a not so good team is being undisciplined. It doesn't matter if it's in the classroom or on the football field.

Big facts: it wouldn't have mattered if the RB was out there.

STOP CRYING MEN!

4 minutes ago, Havengrad04 said:

After watching Germantown and Lausanne play us I would still give Lausanne the edge over Germantown if they were to play head up. Both teams are disciplined, well coached and athletic but from my eye test Lausanne is slightly better even tho Germantown had the bigger win over us. Germantown did what good teams do; capitalize on your opponents mistakes and we had a plethora of mistakes last night. It was just overall a lot of bad stuff going on last night for us on and off the field and on the sidelines and it showed on the scoreboard. We just gotta clean it up and fast or we might not make it past the first or second round let alone get a chance to redeem ourselves against GTown. 

I get it...its hard to admit someone  in your region is better. NO WAY Lausanne is the better TEAM. They have the best back in the state however. 

Respect your opinion though.

12 minutes ago, Havengrad04 said:

Besides RB where do they have the advantage? Oh and mistakes happen when you're  playing a team better. I'm sure Germantown had a role in causing those mistakes. 

Mistakes usually dictate the outcome of EVERY game. 

1 hour ago, Respect901fball said:

Good question. I'll go with ... G-town. No, wait, Lausanne. No, wait, G-town. Both have diverse offenses. Lausanne has the better run game. Both have a clutch WR and very good QB play. G-town utilizes their TEs better then anybody. Both have stingy defenses. Both are excellent teams. Both are well coached. Both are favorites to win gold balls from the Memphis area in their respective classifications. I think if they play 10 out of 10, they split, 5 games each.

Edited by kwc

7 minutes ago, kwc said:

Good question. I'll go with ... G-town. No, wait, Lausanne. No, wait, G-town. Both have diverse offenses. Lausanne has the better run game. Both have a clutch WR and very good QB play. G-town utilizes their TEs better then anybody. Both have stingy defenses. Both are excellent teams. Both are well coached. Both are favorites to win gold balls from the Memphis area in their respective classifications. I think if they play 10 out of 10, they split, 5 games each.

Fair assessment....