Whitehaven at Germantown - The 2018 Region 8, 6A Title Game

kwc

8 minutes ago, coach10ac said:

Sneed may be eric gray but he is just as fast if not faster!!! And he can break tackles and get to the next level...he's done that against better teams. Those other backs are not on sneed level. You may not agree but everyone that has seen his film will say otherwise!!! You can say what you will but he was the difference in this game. Not taking anything from gTown defense. But N. Little rock D was better and sneed kept us in there.....kudos to gtown!!! They won. On to collierville!

Speaking of backs just get prepared for  RB Pare at Houston.....

I know....WHO??

56 minutes ago, Respect901fball said:

Some of your peers should take a few lessons from you and stop viewing everything through those black and gold lenses. THEY ARE BLINDING THEM! 

good stuff KWC

I don’t think any of us are blinded by anything and I actually agree with everything that KWC has said but I also know that we didn’t bring our A game tonight. No where near it. Stating that we played like crap is not taking anything away from Germantown. They are as good as advertised. But I’ve seen us play way better than that this season. Germantown did have a part in it but we also were self destructing. We had several opportunities to close the gap and attempt a comeback and we squandered every single on of them with stupid mistakes and bad decisions. You may see it as excuses or whatever but our bar is set high. I’m not even disappointed in us losing; just the way that we played in the lost and the things I saw on the sidelines. But the true test now is putting this behind us and being able to play the type of ball that we know we’re capable of going forward in these playoffs... #blackandgoldlenseson 

13 minutes ago, Respect901fball said:

Speaking of backs just get prepared for  RB Pare at Houston.....

I know....WHO??

No concern...we got collierville first!! See the thing is, alot of folk are always good till playoffs.  Then you look up and the Haven is still moving on....now you on Houston bandwagon!! Ok I'll wait...

Lol....go watch some college football dude. You may learn something!! I'm out

6 minutes ago, coach10ac said:

No concern...we got collierville first!! See the thing is, alot of folk are always good till playoffs.  Then you look up and the Haven is still moving on....now you on Houston bandwagon!! Ok I'll wait...

Lol....go watch some college football dude. You may learn something!! I'm 

I'm sure most on this thread can see who needs to watch some football.

Lol..

2 hours ago, Respect901fball said:

I get it...its hard to admit someone  in your region is better. NO WAY Lausanne is the better TEAM. They have the best back in the state however. 

Respect your opinion though.

Obviously biased, but I think Lausanne is the better team. (Admittedly I’ve only seen Germantown once this year). Sky Forrest is one of the best QBs in the city and nobody knows about him because of Eric Gray. Though it hasn’t been shown, that offense is extremely balanced and can do great things in both the run and pass game. Defensively they have plenty of guys who have been starting for 3-4 years and have tons of experience. The biggest issue with Lausanne is their depth. Their starters can play with anyone in the state but if a couple of guys were to get an injury it would be rough to overcome. 

34 minutes ago, Havengrad04 said:

I don’t think any of us are blinded by anything and I actually agree with everything that KWC has said but I also know that we didn’t bring our A game tonight. No where near it. Stating that we played like crap is not taking anything away from Germantown. They are as good as advertised. But I’ve seen us play way better than that this season. Germantown did have a part in it but we also were self destructing. We had several opportunities to close the gap and attempt a comeback and we squandered every single on of them with stupid mistakes and bad decisions. You may see it as excuses or whatever but our bar is set high. I’m not even disappointed in us losing; just the way that we played in the lost and the things I saw on the sidelines. But the true test now is putting this behind us and being able to play the type of ball that we know we’re capable of going forward in these playoffs... #blackandgoldlenseson 

Nothing  wrong  with the bar being set high but EVERY loss its..." the refs, we didn't have so and so, we had too many penalties, etc"... all of these things dictate wins and losses for ALL TEAMS

Edited by Respect901fball
Misspell

5 minutes ago, WilsonJr1990 said:

Obviously biased, but I think Lausanne is the better team. (Admittedly I’ve only seen Germantown once this year). Sky Forrest is one of the best QBs in the city and nobody knows about him because of Eric Gray. Though it hasn’t been shown, that offense is extremely balanced and can do great things in both the run and pass game. Defensively they have plenty of guys who have been starting for 3-4 years and have tons of experience. The biggest issue with Lausanne is their depth. Their starters can play with anyone in the state but if a couple of guys were to get an injury it would be rough to 

I think the lack of depth would be a problem in my opinion.  I can only go by what I've seen from Lausanne. I remember him in middle school though. (SKY)

57 minutes ago, Respect901fball said:

Nothing  wrong  with the bar being set high but EVERY loss its..." the refs, we didn't have so and so, we had too many penalties, etc"... all of these things dictate wins and losses for ALL TEAMS

No one mentioned the refs or penalties in this loss; but us mentioning how it hurt our chances to win by having our starting back and other starters unexpectedly miss the game while our back up fumbles 3 times in the first half and our run game is non existent is not making an excuse... it’s just stating the obvious facts that hurt us. I think any team facing those circumstances against one of the best teams in the state would agree that it hurts the chances of winning. We’re not putting the blame on anyone but ourselves so I just don’t get how you’re taking it as us making excuses. Every Whitehaven fan on here has basically stated in their own way that Germantown is a great team and we can’t beat great teams doing the things that we did in that game. I know folks expected/wanted us to lose but Germantown is very beatable. It just takes a lot more discipline, focus, and overall better effort than what we showed last night. We’re very capable of beating them. It just didn’t happen last night night for various reasons previously mentioned. 

I just think to sum it Whitehaven doesn’t have great depth and was out coached. When you depend on one back so much you are vulnerable to what happened last nite. Germantown has four good backs and uses them interchangeably. I’d be comfortable with any of them in any situation. Failure to develop depth is a coaching issue period. Germantown lost an All State corner and it was next man up. That’s what’s expected in great programs. Whitehaven puts itself out there as a favorite every game with six power 5 commitments. You should not lose with all the talent they have. 

4 hours ago, Respect901fball said:

Some of your peers should take a few lessons from you and stop viewing everything through those black and gold lenses. THEY ARE BLINDING THEM! 

good stuff KWC

Nah, Germantown aint EVER been to Cookeville (the state title game has been there for a little less than a decade). So until they get over the Hump (US) there won't be any credit given. They lost to an under .500 team last year to mess up the re-match. This season I predict that they (G-Town) won't get to 15 games.