Milan @ South Gibson

ManOfMillions

It is hate week folks......  

This looks like it is going to be another great game! I have not watched any film on Milan so it is hard for me to give a thought about them yet....

I will say this... Regardless of the records coming into the game neither team wants to leave the hornets nest a loser. Throw the record books out the window! Milan has a 6-2 lead in this series I do believe. Milan loves to play at the hornets nest, they have never left on the short end of the stick. It is funny but SGC has a better record against Milan at Johnny Hale than they do at the Hornets nest. Last years game @ Milan SGC won 27-14 in a wet, cold, and nasty game. ( WOOT WOOT ) 

The Hornets have come a L  O  N  G way since the beginning of the season. They are executing the triple option with beauty lately. They have also proven they can throw the ball!!! This makes me a happy. The team is lead by junior QB Stidham. He is a shifty, mobile, tough, and smart QB. He has had made a HUGE improvement in his play since the beginning of the season. He really forces defenses to stay at home and play their assignments. If the D is out of place he will make you pay dearly. 

I personally am looking forward to another great game between the pups and the hornets this coming Friday. 

I will give a score prediction later in the week when I watch some film on the pups. 

GO HORNETS!!!!

WE GUNNA BEAT THEM DOGS!!!

/steven 

Edited by ManOfMillions

I will just add this to the conversation...When the class of 2019 Bulldogs went toe to toe with the class of 2019 Hornets as 8th & 9th graders it didn’t turn out pretty for the Hornets. In 8th grade the Bulldogs upset a previously undefeated Hornet team on their homecoming to end the season. In 9th grade this same class of Bulldogs beat the Hornets 70–14. I get that we are playing at a different level now but just thought I would throw out that bit of history between these two senior classes. I’m sure they are all preparing to go to war on Friday night bc both teams have a score to settle with the other. The Dawgs would rather lose to any team in the state of Tennessee than the Hornets. I’m sure both teams will keep fighting until the end which will give the fans a great game. May the best team prevail. Go Dawgs! 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Milanfootballislife said:

I will just add this to the conversation...When the class of 2019 Bulldogs went toe to toe with the class of 2019 Hornets as 8th & 9th graders it didn’t turn out pretty for the Hornets. In 8th grade the Bulldogs upset a previously undefeated Hornet team on their homecoming to end the season. In 9th grade this same class of Bulldogs beat the Hornets 70–14. I get that we are playing at a different level now but just thought I would throw out that bit of history between these two senior classes. I’m sure they are all preparing to go to war on Friday night bc both teams have a score to settle with the other. The Dawgs would rather lose to any team in the state of Tennessee than the Hornets. I’m sure both teams will keep fighting until the end which will give the fans a great game. May the best team prevail. Go Dawgs! 

What she said..... :)

12 minutes ago, Milanfootballislife said:

I will just add this to the conversation...When the class of 2019 Bulldogs went toe to toe with the class of 2019 Hornets as 8th & 9th graders it didn’t turn out pretty for the Hornets. In 8th grade the Bulldogs upset a previously undefeated Hornet team on their homecoming to end the season. In 9th grade this same class of Bulldogs beat the Hornets 70–14. I get that we are playing at a different level now but just thought I would throw out that bit of history between these two senior classes. I’m sure they are all preparing to go to war on Friday night bc both teams have a score to settle with the other. The Dawgs would rather lose to any team in the state of Tennessee than the Hornets. I’m sure both teams will keep fighting until the end which will give the fans a great game. May the best team prevail. Go Dawgs

Good point. Do not forget to mention that the game your talking about when the current seniors were in 8th grade was final score of 8-6. Those 2 teams met again in the championship game at Milan that year and SGC won that game by 3 TD's.

Also since we are talking about seniors and their class... We only have 9 seniors.... 

I think both teams are playing their best ball right now and this looks like its going to be another classic game between the 2 programs.