Fulton @ OR

SweetScience

I'm not sure the right question is "who can win this game?"  

The right question is: "Can either team beat the other twice?" Because that's what it's going to come down to. I won't be shocked if one of these ends up being the Region champ and the other ends up in Cookeville. Both 1-1 against the other. 

It's going to be a shame if these two aren't in the same region next year and can't pick the other up. It has all the elements there for a magnificent rivalry year after year. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, JNewman said:

I'm not sure the right question is "who can win this game?"  

The right question is: "Can either team beat the other twice?" Because that's what it's going to come down to. I won't be shocked if one of these ends up being the Region champ and the other ends up in Cookeville. Both 1-1 against the other. 

It's going to be a shame if these two aren't in the same region next year and can't pick the other up. It has all the elements there for a magnificent rivalry year after year. 

As for playing each other twice...don't forget about Catholic. They could defeat one or the other before such a rematch could occur.

Thus far we have:
Oak Ridge (8-1) has outscored opponents 317-143, net +174.
Fulton (8-1) has outscored opponents 354-96, net +258.

Using A=1, B=2, C=3, etc. we get:
OAKRIDGEWILDCATS = 161
FULTONFALCONS = 158

Putting it all together:
Oak Ridge... 174 + 161 = 335, 3 x 3 + 5 = 14
Fulton.......... 258 + 158 = 416, 4 x 1 + 6 = 10

And there you have it, in a defensive struggle OR takes it 14-10

• Like 1

1 hour ago, blazer1set said:

Thus far we have:
Oak Ridge (8-1) has outscored opponents 317-143, net +174.
Fulton (8-1) has outscored opponents 354-96, net +258.

Using A=1, B=2, C=3, etc. we get:
OAKRIDGEWILDCATS = 161
FULTONFALCONS = 158

Putting it all together:
Oak Ridge... 174 + 161 = 335, 3 x 3 + 5 = 14
Fulton.......... 258 + 158 = 416, 4 x 1 + 6 = 10

And there you have it, in a defensive struggle OR takes it 14-10

I have no idea what all that means, Lol,  but I'll take a 14-10 win right now!

Need all Wildcat fans to show up Thurs.Big props to the fans for good crowds at all the home games this yr.The game is much better in person than on tv.If Oak Ridge can get too the QB they have a shot.Having TJ back could be huge cause he was in Powells backfield all night and being held like crazy.Lets hope Herbert got all that craziness out of his system,I think he is a beast so I wouldn't trade him for anybody.He will never backdown or give up.Gonna be hard to score on Fulton with our Oline so a TD from the D or STs would be huge.RWR

On 10/21/2018 at 9:41 PM, Tadvols said:

Hope Falcons can stay in game .. loosing more lineman for this game doesn't bode well .. already missing a 2 way OL/DL to a injury last week then loosing 2 more linemen  and one of them another 2 way OL/ DL to a retaliation personal foul in West game .... so they down alot of snaps on both sides with starters ... so some freshmen gonna have to play .. Will they step up and can they remains to be seen .. hopefully Falcons can stay in game till 2nd half ....

Tad, Fulton should be in the game at half.  OR has started slow on offense in every game except for Clinton.  OR will have to put together 4 qtrs of good football on offense and defense for the first time this season. If they do that, then I like our chances.  There will be some serious talent on the field for this one.  Fulton has great skill players in 1,2,4,6,8,12 among others.  OR has 1,6,7, 8,12,13 among others.  This should be a great game. 

25 minutes ago, oridgecat said:

Tad, Fulton should be in the game at half.  OR has started slow on offense in every game except for Clinton.  OR will have to put together 4 qtrs of good football on offense and defense for the first time this season. If they do that, then I like our chances.  There will be some serious talent on the field for this one.  Fulton has great skill players in 1,2,4,6,8,12 among others.  OR has 1,6,7, 8,12,13 among others.  This should be a great game. 

I think skill wise pretty even  .. who wins the line of scrimmage wins  ..   and who takes care of the ball 

On ‎10‎/‎22‎/‎2018 at 10:02 AM, catswild said:

That's interesting. How good is Catholic this year? I know their QB was out most of the season but is back now.

Steadily improving. We've played a tough schedule which had us prepared last year come playoff time. At one point in the Brentwood Academy game we had 6 freshmen on the field together. Getting Jancek back should be a huge lift especially if he can get a  game or two under his belt. Line play is huge (literally and figuratively). Young guys have really stepped up at the skill positions and have started since game one. Several players are back from the injured reserves. At one point in the Cleveland game, we were down to our fourth string holder. They were holding tryouts on the sideline in the third qtr to see who would/could go in. If nothing else, we are battle tested and have a winning mindset.

1 hour ago, IrishBBall said:

Steadily improving. We've played a tough schedule which had us prepared last year come playoff time. At one point in the Brentwood Academy game we had 6 freshmen on the field together. Getting Jancek back should be a huge lift especially if he can get a  game or two under his belt. Line play is huge (literally and figuratively). Young guys have really stepped up at the skill positions and have started since game one. Several players are back from the injured reserves. At one point in the Cleveland game, we were down to our fourth string holder. They were holding tryouts on the sideline in the third qtr to see who would/could go in. If nothing else, we are battle tested and have a winning mindset.

Thanks. I think Catholic is a sleeping giant come playoff time 

12 hours ago, STILLNUM1 said:

Need all Wildcat fans to show up Thurs.Big props to the fans for good crowds at all the home games this yr.The game is much better in person than on tv.If Oak Ridge can get too the QB they have a shot.Having TJ back could be huge cause he was in Powells backfield all night and being held like crazy.Lets hope Herbert got all that craziness out of his system,I think he is a beast so I wouldn't trade him for anybody.He will never backdown or give up.Gonna be hard to score on Fulton with our Oline so a TD from the D or STs would be huge.RWR

I was talking to Johnny Stewart (last year's quarterback) at the Campbell County game and I asked him about Herbert, #13...Johny said and I quote... "Herb is a magician".

• Like 1