Central/Gibbs for 2-5A Title

dawgs82

8 minutes ago, blazer1set said:

Now now, respect for your elders!    Okay, so the title of this thread should have been Central/Gibbs/SD For The Title.     Let's see if we can unravel it.....

Aug 31  SD beat Gibbs
Oct 19   Central beat SD
Oct 26   Central vs. Gibbs

Everybody up here already has Boone playing Gibbs in round 1, but I see what you mean now, it may not happen that way.

Only one thing is certain Crockett vs former head coach Bosken and Knox Halls. Does anyone have a scouting report on Halls?

Folks, I apologize for the way I worded the title of the thread. I meant no disrespect to SD and their fan base. My son played for Clark and Rusty at Powell and I have a great deal of respect for them, actually talked with them before the game. I'm guilty of looking at this through red and black eyes, for us, this is the title game. I do realize that two other schools are looking at it the same way.

1 hour ago, dawgs82 said:

Folks, I apologize for the way I worded the title of the thread. I meant no disrespect to SD and their fan base. My son played for Clark and Rusty at Powell and I have a great deal of respect for them, actually talked with them before the game. I'm guilty of looking at this through red and black eyes, for us, this is the title game. I do realize that two other schools are looking at it the same way.

we haven’t beat anyone, dawgs. might as well throw in the towel.:lol:

• Upvote 1

Not sure how anyone thinks we haven’t played anyone. Tn High ranked top 10 in 5a, South Doyle has been ranked all year, Fulton near the top. Not to mention, and yes I know it was a scrimmage, but at Maryville in the preseason. We are VERY battle tested, as is Oak Ridge and others. But ANYONE who thinks Central isn’t good because of a “weak schedule” really needs their eyes checked. It’s not easy to win 7 straight games, no matter who your playing.

CHS, question for you.  I was watching CHS vs Fulton.  I noticed that Central has changed sidelines and they are on the opposite side of the stands and press box.  When did they make this change and what is the reasoning behind that?  Just curious.  The last time I remember that same situation is when Meadows moved the William Blount team opposite the fans so that they wouldn't have to hear the negativity from their own fans, lol.  

49 minutes ago, oridgecat said:

CHS, question for you.  I was watching CHS vs Fulton.  I noticed that Central has changed sidelines and they are on the opposite side of the stands and press box.  When did they make this change and what is the reasoning behind that?  Just curious.  The last time I remember that same situation is when Meadows moved the William Blount team opposite the fans so that they wouldn't have to hear the negativity from their own fans, lol.  

They have been on the far sidelines for at least the past 15-20 years.....with the exception of Hassell's first year when he took the sideline closest to the stands (2011).  It's a lot quieter, less distractions and much more room on the far sidelines.

3 minutes ago, catsfever said:

They have been on the far sidelines for at least the past 15-20 years.....with the exception of Hassell's first year when he took the sideline closest to the stands (2011).  It's a lot quieter, less distractions and much more room on the far sidelines.

Blinding sun in their face and no shade in August, but other than that it makes sense.  Plus having the other team stand in front of the home student section doesn't hurt either. lol

11 hours ago, madhatter2269 said:

we haven’t beat anyone, dawgs. might as well throw in the towel.:lol:

My point is this...South Doyle is very overrated. Central is good but their weak schedule may hurt them, although their side of the bracket, as usual, present little challenge. The best teams on this side of the state are Catholic, Fulton, Oak Ridge, and Central. Central, as usual, has a clear and easy path to the semifinals 

45 minutes ago, catswild said:

My point is this...South Doyle is very overrated. Central is good but their weak schedule may hurt them, although their side of the bracket, as usual, present little challenge. The best teams on this side of the state are Catholic, Fulton, Oak Ridge, and Central. Central, as usual, has a clear and easy path to the semifinals 

Cats I see what you mean saying we have the easier road on paper. But that only applies since last year. When we were in 4a during our last run, we had one of the TOUGHEST roads ever. Had to beat Grainger, at Greeneville, Fulton and at Marshall County to get to state. We are no stranger to tough competition, this year is no different. We take each game VERY seriously and there’s no guarantee we’ll make it that far. We gotta go take care of business.