Central/Gibbs for 2-5A Title

dawgs82

11 hours ago, chsbobcat09 said:

Cats I see what you mean saying we have the easier road on paper. But that only applies since last year. When we were in 4a during our last run, we had one of the TOUGHEST roads ever. Had to beat Grainger, at Greeneville, Fulton and at Marshall County to get to state. We are no stranger to tough competition, this year is no different. We take each game VERY seriously and there’s no guarantee we’ll make it that far. We gotta go take care of business.

I agree with you 100%. And while I don't think much of South Doyle, not many teams are going to beat them 35-0! I think Central is for real and will play Catholic, Fulton, or Oak Ridge in the semifinals.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, dawgs82 said:

I don't think anything has been easy for us. I'd say that Rosser and his staff pulled off a great coaching job last year getting to the semi-finals. We had only 4 home games (9 road games) getting there. And it was primarily with a third string freshman QB. 

Not easy....but compared to the region 3/4 side of the bracket, very easy. Regions 3-4 representative in the semifinals probably must beat two of these three (Catholic, Fulton, and Oak Ridge). Central doesn't have to beat anyone that good to get to the semifinals...it's not their fault, but it's a fact.

5 hours ago, catswild said:

I agree with you 100%. And while I don't think much of South Doyle, not many teams are going to beat them 35-0! I think Central is for real and will play Catholic, Fulton, or Oak Ridge in the semifinals.

Fair enough Cats, and yes we don’t have as “hard” of a road. Although the mystery team in all this is David Crockett, they look like they’ve got some real good athletes and a good QB. Could be an interesting test. But yes, if we make it that far, I think we’ll see either Fulton or Oak Ridge. A game at Blankenship would be an unbelievable atmosphere.

13 minutes ago, chsbobcat09 said:

Fair enough Cats, and yes we don’t have as “hard” of a road. Although the mystery team in all this is David Crockett, they look like they’ve got some real good athletes and a good QB. Could be an interesting test. But yes, if we make it that far, I think we’ll see either Fulton or Oak Ridge. A game at Blankenship would be an unbelievable atmosphere.

I wonder about Crockett myself. Word is they have a great QB and some very good receivers. I still say Central in the semis...and I hope it's at the 'Ship!

I'd like to hit Big Ed's on semi-final night! My son and I would go to the OR games on Powell's off weeks when he was playing. Big Ed's it was! Great place! And the team walking down the steps is awesome. Every team should figure out a way to walk through their fans. Brings a different level of excitement to the pregame festivities.