Bruceton-Mcewen Brawl

Amannamedhorse

2 hours ago, Southtowner said:

I believe something will be done if it's anything close to what some are saying. TSSAA has done it before so there's a precedent already set.

1 hour ago, Southtowner said:

Official Confirmation:  The TSSAA has received the official's report regarding the number of players from each team that were ejected.

The McEwen at Cornersville game is still scheduled to be played.

I can only report what I have been told.

Now, that doesn't mean things can't change.

I haven't seen any footage, so I can't comment on that aspect of it.

Edited by Southtowner

2 hours ago, rebelboy121 said:

Neither of these teams should be allowed in the playoffs.  I saw the video. ALL players on the field fighting, some coaches fighting, and all kinds of parents on the field.  This was more than a little skirmish.  This was an embarassing episode for both teams.  TSSAA needs to step up and ban both teams for awhile.

What I don't understand is 10 started it and kept playing dirty and never was ejected 

Just now, Chad02 said:

What I don't understand is 10 started it and kept playing dirty and never was ejected 

I know you saw the same film I did, and I couldn't agree with you more. How can you not see what he was doing? Players were even pointing it out. It goes to show that the officials pool is starting to run dry and there are fewer choices of officials to do games. IMO

1 minute ago, Jobres76 said:

I know you saw the same film I did, and I couldn't agree with you more. How can you not see what he was doing? Players were even pointing it out. It goes to show that the officials pool is starting to run dry and there are fewer choices of officials to do games. IMO

I agree 

16 hours ago, Jobres76 said:

www.tssaa.org click on officials. Pay $70 pass a background check join a local association $50+ buy a striped shirt $35 pants $50 belt $15 hat $15 whistle $5 flag and bean bag $10 shoes $75 and you too can be a TSSAA football official.  Just at least $250 before you work your 1st jr high game for $50-$70 and then you start out as a clock operator on Friday nights for $75 then after a couple years you move to the field for $100 a game for 5-7 hours of work including your own gas and wear and tear on your vehicle traveling to the site you have to be at 2 hours before the game. Then you get yelled at for 2-3 hours trying to be perfect on every play and getting every call correct. Can you see why men and women are lining up to be officials?

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Southtowner said:

I haven't seen any footage but I would like to only for the reason to see if the Association is being consistent with past events. I guess I want to be judge and jury. 

Maybe the Association never received any footage of said brawl and only the official's report of who was ejected. 

The footage that is available on Hudl is a joke.

On 10/27/2018 at 5:32 PM, wholder said:

Sorry but they will not. Marshall Co game this year there was a brawl on the last play of the game and it was said in a an officials meeting by the Supervisor that the TSSAA goes by what is reported by the head official of the game..

Sorry, but they do review film.