Sullivan North @ Meigs County - Rd 1

MarsBlackmon

Serious question.Could region 1 and 2 be the weakest regions in the state with the exception of Meigs?Oneida is way down,Rockwood andHampton and these are our typical Contenders for the Semis.HV is playing better and SG has had some good come from behind wins,but none of those two could contend with Meigs,Tyner,TC and Watertown.Just a question??Not trying to be ugly either!

32 minutes ago, orngnblk said:

Serious question.Could region 1 and 2 be the weakest regions in the state with the exception of Meigs?Oneida is way down,Rockwood andHampton and these are our typical Contenders for the Semis.HV is playing better and SG has had some good come from behind wins,but none of those two could contend with Meigs,Tyner,TC and Watertown.Just a question??Not trying to be ugly 

Rockwood is realistically the only team having a "Down" year ( not nearly the team they were last year ) although at this point last year they were 7-3 this year they are 6-4 not that much of a difference record wise. All of their losses besides Meigs have been by 8 points or less. Oneida is about the same only blowout loss is coming from Meigs. Lost to Harriman by 12 and York by 11. York is a respectable loss Harriman not so sure why they lost that game. Wartburg has 2 more wins at this point then last year and has managed to make the playoffs in comparison to last year beating Cumberland Gap to do it ( credit this to their athlete qb ). Cumberland Gap last year finished regular season as a 7-3 team.  Played Sullivan North to a 15-22 loss in the first round of the playoffs last year respectably. This year Cumberland Gap is way down compared to last year with all losses coming by multiple scores. Reality of our region in my opinion is most of the teams aren't so much down as Meigs is just a step or two head of them offensively and defensively. Not a dis but an opinion from a person who has attended all Meigs games. Hope this sheds some light on your question.

21 minutes ago, Imthayeti said:

Rockwood is realistically the only team having a "Down" year ( not nearly the team they were last year ) although at this point last year they were 7-3 this year they are 6-4 not that much of a difference record wise. All of their losses besides Meigs have been by 8 points or less. Oneida is about the same only blowout loss is coming from Meigs. Lost to Harriman by 12 and York by 11. York is a respectable loss Harriman not so sure why they lost that game. Wartburg has 2 more wins at this point then last year and has managed to make the playoffs in comparison to last year beating Cumberland Gap to do it ( credit this to their athlete qb ). Cumberland Gap last year finished regular season as a 7-3 team.  Played Sullivan North to a 15-22 loss in the first round of the playoffs last year respectably. This year Cumberland Gap is way down compared to last year with all losses coming by multiple scores. Reality of our region in my opinion is most of the teams aren't so much down as Meigs is just a step or two head of them offensively and defensively. Not a dis but an opinion from a person who has attended all Meigs games. Hope this sheds some light on your question.

Im talking about the state as a whole.Just by looking across how many teams in R2 or R1 could compete with TC,Watertown,Tyner,Trenton,UC? I don't think Meigs blows any of these teams out of the water when they play if they get to play that's just my question how many of these teams could actually compete this year?I think every other Region in the state has at least one team that can compete.Dont you?

33 minutes ago, orngnblk said:

Im talking about the state as a whole.Just by looking across how many teams in R2 or R1 could compete with TC,Watertown,Tyner,Trenton,UC? I don't think Meigs blows any of these teams out of the water when they play if they get to play that's just my question how many of these teams could actually compete this year?I think every other Region in the state has at least one team that can compete.Dont you?

I'd honestly say most regions have only one contender, but I say that with my opinion being who's gonna make it from said region. But yeah it looks like region 1 didn't have an over powered team like the rest of the regions. Sullivan North was the clear favorite until injuries brought them down. As far as playing with Tyner, Watertown, and Trousdale I'll have to get back with you I've not seen any of the region 1 teams play. I have seen Trousdale play so I can tell you that from region 2 only Oneida could play them ( Trousdale ) , but it would be a 21-0 or 28-0 type of game. Oneida has a great defense, but doubt they could score against Trousdale. Again just my opinion. 

Edited by Imthayeti

1 hour ago, Imthayeti said:

I'd honestly say most regions have only one contender, but I say that with my opinion being who's gonna make it from said region. But yeah it looks like region 1 didn't have an over powered team like the rest of the regions. Sullivan North was the clear favorite until injuries brought them down. As far as playing with Tyner, Watertown, and Trousdale I'll have to get back with you I've not seen any of the region 1 teams play. I have seen Trousdale play so I can tell you that from region 2 only Oneida could play them ( Trousdale ) , but it would be a 21-0 or 28-0 type of game. Oneida has a great defense, but doubt they could score against Trousdale. Again just my opinion. 

Interesting!

Region 1 and 2 isn’t very good. A lot of bad teams in those regions.  Meigs has a good team, but outside of them the best you get from any other team is average. Trousdale, Watertown, Tyner would all three beat these teams as bad as Meigs has beaten them. Marion County, Polk and others would also beat a lot of those teams. 

Edited by TheAmbassador

18 minutes ago, TheAmbassador said:

Region 1 and 2 isn’t very good. A lot of bad teams in those regions.  Meigs has a good team, but outside of them the best you get from any other team is average. Trousdale, Watertown, Tyner would all three beat these teams as bad as Meigs has beaten them. Marion County, Polk and others would also beat a lot of those teams. 

You may be right, but 3 teams in our region has the better defensive teams in 2A. Just food for thought.

Screenshot_20181029-082919_Chrome.thumb.jpg.78e4b68b42a384e18c440c36cfa2cf0a.jpg

4 hours ago, orngnblk said:

It's a lot like 1A, Greenback is head and shoulders better than everyone else in R1 or R2. In fact, the only classification that isn't like that is 4A, and that's because of Greeneville, Elizabethton, and Anderson County.

And the question is a little unfair. Every classification has a handful of teams that are better than the rest. How many teams in regions 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 or 8 could hang with the top 4 or 5 teams in the state? Region 1 and 2 teams are just down with the exception of Meigs. I think Oneida could possibly finish 2nd in Region 3 and make the playoffs in every region with the exception of possibly Region 7. If they were healthy I think they would win Region 1.

1 hour ago, Imthayeti said:

You may be right, but 3 teams in our region has the better defensive teams in 2A. Just food for thought.

Screenshot_20181029-082919_Chrome.thumb.jpg.78e4b68b42a384e18c440c36cfa2cf0a.jpg

I think a lot of that is playing a weak schedule. Meigs has a good team, but the everyone else is no better than average.  1A is similar as well. In regions 3-4 of 1A you have two teams that are pretty good, but everyone else is also average at best and many of them are downright pitiful. Meigs should have 3 mercy rule wins until the semifinals. 

37 minutes ago, TigerNation said:

It's a lot like 1A, Greenback is head and shoulders better than everyone else in R1 or R2. In fact, the only classification that isn't like that is 4A, and that's because of Greeneville, Elizabethton, and Anderson County.

And the question is a little unfair. Every classification has a handful of teams that are better than the rest. How many teams in regions 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 or 8 could hang with the top 4 or 5 teams in the state? Region 1 and 2 teams are just down with the exception of Meigs. I think Oneida could possibly finish 2nd in Region 3 and make the playoffs in every region with the exception of possibly Region 7. If they were healthy I think they would win Region 1.

I would have to agree with you.