Rhea Co @ OR

SweetScience

5 hours ago, kentuckyman said:

If Rhea county had all the talent that has went elsewhere and most importantly all the talent that is still walking the halls playing this year and next year it could have been the best 2 years of football in the history of the school. Mind blowing how coaches let this happen 

No doubt about it. The coaches didn’t let it happen, they made it happen. They had to run some off so they could play who they wanted to no matter the cost. Just not sure if we should call it daddy ball or booster ball or both. What’s mind blowing is the administration that has let this happen. 

45 minutes ago, STILLNUM1 said:

Go to WYSHTV.COM and click on the Coaches Corner.Go to about the 31 min mark.Does anybody know where Willie the Wildcat is?Worried he hasn't been posting

I have been wondering about WW myself bud. I was reading a thread earlier with him posting in it around October 1st and he was talking about how he has been having some health issues. Bless him. I hope he is okay. Another one is atrisk. Whatever happened to that guy? Weird how people just disappear from here. Been a lot come and go through the years. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Eagle4life55 said:

No doubt about it. The coaches didn’t let it happen, they made it happen. They had to run some off so they could play who they wanted to no matter the cost. Just not sure if we should call it daddy ball or booster ball or both. What’s mind blowing is the administration that has let this happen. 

Man you are a joke! Assuming that coaches ran players off. I have no idea who left, but in most cases when kids are not playing it's because they don't wont to put in the work or parents get upset and wont let them play. Or in your assumption transfer. It is a team sport not a me sport. But anyhow, I will be there supporting the boys in Green and Gold like I have for the past 30+ years! 

1 hour ago, STILLNUM1 said:

Go to WYSHTV.COM and click on the Coaches Corner.Go to about the 31 min mark.Does anybody know where Willie the Wildcat is?Worried he hasn't been posting

Willie has been posting on Twitter so I assume he's ok. I'll message him and let him know you guys are asking about him.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, SweetScience said:

So, tell me Eagle's fans. Why in the h e l l would a kid from Rhea Co dip down and wanna play for a tiny school like Meigs Co? Weird.

There are some Rhea Co ties at Meigs for sure. Coach Fitzgerald is a Rhea Co guy. He played and coached here. Coach Fitz is a very good coach and he is building a nice program at Meigs and has a very good shot a winning a state title this year and probably next year too. That success that Meigs has had is very attractive and pulled some players and their parents over there. I know about some of the players and their situations. Some left for playing time. One last year got kicked off the team and got a second chance over there. And yes some didn’t like the coaching staff so they left for Meigs. It is what it is. Rhea has benefited from players from surrounding counties moving here to play in the past, it’s just we are on the other side now. 

Edited by Rhea Co.

1 hour ago, Rhea Co. said:

There are some Rhea Co ties at Meigs for sure. Coach Fitzgerald is a Rhea Co guy. He played and coached here. Coach Fitz is a very good coach and he is building a nice program at Meigs and has a very good shot a winning a state title this year and probably next year too. That success that Meigs has had is very attractive and pulled some players and their parents over there. I know about some of the players and their situations. Some left for playing time. One last year got kicked off the team and got a second chance over there. And yes some didn’t like the coaching staff so they left for Meigs. It is what it is. Rhea has benefited from players from surrounding counties moving here to play in the past, it’s just we are on the other side now. 

Gotcha. Makes sense. I didn't realize Meigs was that good.

13 hours ago, kentuckyman said:

If Rhea county had all the talent that has went elsewhere and most importantly all the talent that is still walking the halls playing this year and next year it could have been the best 2 years of football in the history of the school. Mind blowing how coaches let this happen 

I feel your pain, man.

10 hours ago, bonkers said:

Oak Ridge fans and the OR team are excited about a playoff game in less than 24 hours and your only focus is to be sarcastic and negative. Why don't you take your sorry attitude somewhere else, bladerunner? You don't like the coach, although pretty immature to conduct yourself on here the way you do, we all get that. But if you also don't like the team, just stay the heck off of here. Get on the Clinton thread or the Farragut thread. You must be a miserable person and your goal is to spread your misery!

Coach Gaddis has led the Wildcats to a 5-5 playoff record since his return to Oak Ridge the past 5 seasons. And in 4 of those 5 seasons, Oak Ridge had the incomparable Tee Higgins.