Rhea Co @ OR

SweetScience

21 minutes ago, ORDT said:

The D was lights out. All elements were firing on all cylinders. I did enjoy watching 44 and 10 put some smack down on the runs. The announcer said they were brothers. Are they? Would be a heck of a story for the Oak Ridger.  

No, I'm pretty sure it was a joke. At any rate,  Jackson (10) is mixed and 44 is white.  That's why I thought the announcer was just messing around.  However, 44 does have a brother on the team who is a sophomore, I believe 23. 10s dad used to be the principal at RMS, before he got a job somewhere near Cleveland, I think.

Edited by ORcats

Have to give major credit to the Oak Ridge Oline.That was the best blocking Ive seen at Oak Ridge in long time.Also the coaching was great on both sides of the ball.Defense  was perfect and the offensive adjustments we made this week was great.And lastly the refs were really good.Unlike Fulton game they didn't throw a flag every play.Nobody wants to see refs throwing a flag every 2 or 3 plays.O and great job by Tre Jackson.I was worried when I heard Romano was out because he has been our best RB in big games but Tre and Jordan played great.RWR

And we started the sophomore qb like everybody wanted and played Booker at wide out and it worked. Then we rotated them and it worked. Plus Rhea County isn't nearly as good as Powell or Fulton. That helped. But we came out and played a complete game the whole game. YEA! Now let's get ready to do it again down to Soddy Daisy next Friday. Come on down if you ain't afraid. We will be there.

WILDCAT PRIDE

ROLL WILDCATS ROLL

5 hours ago, bonkers said:

Poor WildcatRealist/bladerunner is the saddest man in town!  LOL

RWR!!!!!!!

RWR!!!!!!!

I'm really proud of the team and happy for all Wildcat fans (you, too, Bonkers)! Our coaching staff apparently listened to some of you guys on Coach T,made adjustments, and gave our young men  the best opportunity for success...that"s all anyone could ask for. If I'm reading the TSSAA brackets correctly, Oak Ridge will get to play at Blankenship Field in both the quarter-finals and semi-finals as long as we take care of business at Soddy-Daisy. ROLL, WILDCATS, ROLL!!!

9 hours ago, STILLNUM1 said:

Have to give major credit to the Oak Ridge Oline.That was the best blocking Ive seen at Oak Ridge in long time.Also the coaching was great on both sides of the ball.Defense  was perfect and the offensive adjustments we made this week was great.And lastly the refs were really good.Unlike Fulton game they didn't throw a flag every play.Nobody wants to see refs throwing a flag every 2 or 3 plays.O and great job by Tre Jackson.I was worried when I heard Romano was out because he has been our best RB in big games but Tre and Jordan played great.RWR

I was wondering where 21 was.  Hope he is better by Friday.  I thought the refs at the Fulton game were terrible.  Much better officiating last night.  Also, I enjoyed the dive into the end zone by 26 when there were no defenders close.  Looked like he was having fun!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, STILLNUM1 said:

I agree about the refs. It makes you wonder if the players are much different from game to game OR is it the refs who are different and call the game differently. As for 21 or 6...6 is a harder runner and he's faster...stick with 6.

10 hours ago, bounder said:

And we started the sophomore qb like everybody wanted and played Booker at wide out and it worked. Then we rotated them and it worked. Plus Rhea County isn't nearly as good as Powell or Fulton. That helped. But we came out and played a complete game the whole game. YEA! Now let's get ready to do it again down to Soddy Daisy next Friday. Come on down if you ain't afraid. We will be there.

WILDCAT PRIDE

ROLL WILDCATS ROLL

The two QB thing may be a plus for the OR offense and a minus for the opposing defense.