Rhea Co @ OR

SweetScience

21 minutes ago, catswild said:

I agree about the refs. It makes you wonder if the players are much different from game to game OR is it the refs who are different and call the game differently. As for 21 or 6...6 is a harder runner and he's faster...stick with 6.

Yea some refs just want to steal the show.6 is so strong.Would love to see him finish with some big games.

49 minutes ago, ORcats said:

I was wondering where 21 was.  Hope he is better by Friday.  I thought the refs at the Fulton game were terrible.  Much better officiating last night.  Also, I enjoyed the dive into the end zone by 26 when there were no defenders close.  Looked like he was having fun!

I loved the dive.He nailed it.lol

Hands down one of the most dominating performances I have seen in person. Credit to Oak Ridge they made us look like we were playing in quick sand. If they play like that every week they will be tough to knockout no matter who they play. In all honest whoever gets past the quarterfinals will like be favored to go to state. 

For Rhea off-season here we come. It will be interesting to see what happens. We are losing a lot of key players and contributors. Little Pemberton is gone Aulbrey is gone, Garmany, Kaylor, Dugger, Chig, Morrison, and many others gone. 

Im not real sure what to expect next year at this point there are some good young players but mostly unproven. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Rhea Co. said:

Hands down one of the most dominating performances I have seen in person. Credit to Oak Ridge they made us look like we were playing in quick sand. If they play like that every week they will be tough to knockout no matter who they play. In all honest whoever gets past the quarterfinals will like be favored to go to state. 

For Rhea off-season here we come. It will be interesting to see what happens. We are losing a lot of key players and contributors. Little Pemberton is gone Aulbrey is gone, Garmany, Kaylor, Dugger, Chig, Morrison, and many others gone. 

Im not real sure what to expect next year at this point there are some good young players but mostly unproven. 

Thank you for the classy compliments. Best of luck to the Golden Eagles in the off-season and next year. 

1 hour ago, Rhea Co. said:

Thank you Rhea.  Many of us were waiting for our guys to pull together a good night.  As far as the off-season goes, I hope the fans and powers that be will be patient through the ups and downs of a team.  You guys have an excellent feeder program that will continue to produce guys that love to play football.  Pemberton is a quality coach and you could do much worse than him.   The young guys need to work hard and come ready to make their own mark on the program.  Good luck on your off-season.

Rhea does indeed have good feeder programs have good teams year in year out some better than others we all know how middle schools are up and down but all in all good teams year in and year out. Problem is these good middle school players end up quitting or going elsewhere to play. It is a problem hence back to back loosing seasons. Doesn’t matter how good a x and o coach you are if you don’t have the talent and athletes you can’t win it’s that simple.

1 hour ago, kentuckyman said:

Rhea does indeed have good feeder programs have good teams year in year out some better than others we all know how middle schools are up and down but all in all good teams year in and year out. Problem is these good middle school players end up quitting or going elsewhere to play. It is a problem hence back to back loosing seasons. Doesn’t matter how good a x and o coach you are if you don’t have the talent and athletes you can’t win it’s that simple.

Exactly! We didn’t have this problem until it was decided to play daddy ball and booster ball a couple of years ago. Now that those kids are leaving the program, maybe we can turn things back around. Kids left and didn’t play because they knew it didn’t matter who the best players were, this coach was going to play who he wanted where he wanted. He did and we have had back to back losing seasons while kids that left our program were and still are winning. I saw on twitter where the kid they wouldn’t let play QB has been named a Mr Football finalist. It’s sad and shameful that this administration let this HC destroy our program just so his kid could play QB and the boosters kids could start. Back up the truck!

19 hours ago, ORcats said:

No, I'm pretty sure it was a joke. At any rate,  Jackson (10) is mixed and 44 is white.  That's why I thought the announcer was just messing around.  However, 44 does have a brother on the team who is a sophomore, I believe 23. 10s dad used to be the principal at RMS, before he got a job somewhere near Cleveland, I think.

So potentiall 3 Adams kids on the field next year? That’s fun. I do have to give props to 44. He has been all over the field this season hitting everything. I heard he leads in tackles literally every game according to the Oak Ridger. I heard he came out of the Bearden program but didn’t know Brearden had a JR High team like JMS or RMS? 

32 minutes ago, ORDT said:

So potentiall 3 Adams kids on the field next year? That’s fun. I do have to give props to 44. He has been all over the field this season hitting everything. I heard he leads in tackles literally every game according to the Oak Ridger. I heard he came out of the Bearden program but didn’t know Brearden had a JR High team like JMS or RMS? 

I was actually thinking 44 was a Sr this year, but turns out you are right,  he is only a Jr.  So there will be 3.  I think the younger brother is a punter. You are also right that they came from Bearden, but I don't know any more than that.  I'm just happy to know that 44 will be playing again next year, bc he's a rugged player on defense.

Edited by ORcats