South Pittsburg vs Monterey (Grider against this Hughes man)

Roy Dillard

8 hours ago, Roy Dillard said:

Sportman let me ask you a question. Since Grider was a snapper in school shouldnt he be training our snappers.  They should be the best player on the field since Grider knows the most about  that position.  You think im joking but im not. 

That Victory man would have the center snapping the ball out of that side saddle single wing.  You think I'm joking.

19 hours ago, TheAmbassador said:

So you think this team is as talented as Greenback and Whitwell? I just don’t see the talent on the field now like we saw back from 2006-2013. I don’t even see the talent like we had in 2016. Pryor and Lilly were tough in 2016. This team doesn’t have a runner like those guys or Kelley from last season.  Much less a Lankford, or Hale type runner. 

Talent wise maybe not as good but I definitely think we can beat whitwell,especially if we play mistake free football.  Greenback well that's a different animal we will need to play mistake free and greenback to have lots of mistakes lol. You take back the turnovers and stupid mistakes during the whitwell game then it's a one score game,maybe even a point or two difference.  

6 minutes ago, oneyewilly said:

Talent wise maybe not as good but I definitely think we can beat whitwell,especially if we play mistake free football.  Greenback well that's a different animal we will need to play mistake free and greenback to have lots of mistakes lol. You take back the turnovers and stupid mistakes during the whitwell game then it's a one score game,maybe even a point or two difference.  

I agree with some of what you’re saying. At this point I’m just not sure this team can play an error free game. I do think the next game with Whitwell will be closer than 22 points though.  Anyway that’s weeks away. We need to take care of business the next two weeks first. 

5 minutes ago, TheAmbassador said:

I agree with some of what you’re saying. At this point I’m just not sure this team can play an error free game. I do think the next game with Whitwell will be closer than 22 points though.  Anyway that’s weeks away. We need to take care of business the next two weeks first. 

I spoke to one of the players and he is confident they will get it together for the playoffs.... I hope he is right because I totally agree this team has not played a complete game all year. Most just look like they are going through the motions and don't care honestly.   

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, oneyewilly said:

I spoke to one of the players and he is confident they will get it together for the playoffs.... I hope he is right because I totally agree this team has not played a complete game all year. Most just look like they are going through the motions and don't care honestly.   

1. Image result for turtle

10 minutes ago, oneyewilly said:

I believe one reason why it’s been tough is the inability to make a lot of big plays. When you have to consistently drive the ball and don’t break big runs then these mistakes show up a lot more because the offense has more snaps to possibly make a mistake. I think it’s time for those seniors to step up or as Roy would say... the season will be over. 

6 minutes ago, TheAmbassador said:

I believe one reason why it’s been tough is the inability to make a lot of big plays. When you have to consistently drive the ball and don’t break big runs then these mistakes show up a lot more because the offense has more snaps to possibly make a mistake. I think it’s time for those seniors to step up or as Roy would say... the season will be over. 

I talked with one of the best Pirate player's from the 76-79 class range yesterday and he just brought up the subject to me about this Pirate team and we were both in agreeing the talent is there but leadership is not, and the other teams we play with more talent sometimes you can combat that with hard play that comes from inside a player that has heart for the game, but as you can see unless your blind, not much of that has happened so far on this team. We can out athlete mos teams we play but the big boy's we play, that's another story bc they have as much or more than we do. He was just aggravated bc he said he would have loved to had all the perks of a great weight room, field, all the one on one coaching they have now and one of the best fieldhouse's in HS football in 1a for sure, and all the super nice equipment and the greyhound bus rides to the games instead of those school buses.  These kids now have it made compared to some of our older alumni but one thing those older guys have and that was they were tough and didn't have a cell phone to look at all day and was outside playing ball till dark or doing something outside. It was good talking to him and I could just tell his love for SPHS. 

11 minutes ago, sportman said:

I talked with one of the best Pirate player's from the 76-79 class range yesterday and he just brought up the subject to me about this Pirate team and we were both in agreeing the talent is there but leadership is not, and the other teams we play with more talent sometimes you can combat that with hard play that comes from inside a player that has heart for the game, but as you can see unless your blind, not much of that has happened so far on this team. We can out athlete mos teams we play but the big boy's we play, that's another story bc they have as much or more than we do. He was just aggravated bc he said he would have loved to had all the perks of a great weight room, field, all the one on one coaching they have now and one of the best fieldhouse's in HS football in 1a for sure, and all the super nice equipment and the greyhound bus rides to the games instead of those school buses.  These kids now have it made compared to some of our older alumni but one thing those older guys have and that was they were tough and didn't have a cell phone to look at all day and was outside playing ball till dark or doing something outside. It was good talking to him and I could just tell his love for SPHS. 

Bo Haden or Tim Moore?