South Pittsburg vs Monterey (Grider against this Hughes man)

Roy Dillard

1 minute ago, piratetom said:

The ingredients are there, they just don’t mix very well for some reason.  Let’s see what happens from here on out...

They don’t have the game breaker we have been accustomed to seeing in SP. Also, they just don’t have a large senior group. It’s hard to beat large, talented senior groups without one yourself. 

Just now, oneyewilly said:

I agree with you the ingredients are there...... I just hope it all comes together.

So you think this team is as talented as Greenback and Whitwell? I just don’t see the talent on the field now like we saw back from 2006-2013. I don’t even see the talent like we had in 2016. Pryor and Lilly were tough in 2016. This team doesn’t have a runner like those guys or Kelley from last season.  Much less a Lankford, or Hale type runner. 

We've had better lines in the past IMO, to help those runners some of you have mentioned, but also alot of times those special player's made play's by themselves when a hole wasn't there for them to run in.  Not seen alot of that in the past year. One thing our backs do alot is when they go into the line there looking down towards the ground instead of looking up in the open field like Lankford and Hale and Mitchell did.  We do have some good backs and I'm not putting them down, it's just if you want to be a great back like those other guys you have to do those xtra little things.

3 minutes ago, sportman said:

We've had better lines in the past IMO, to help those runners some of you have mentioned, but also alot of times those special player's made play's by themselves when a hole wasn't there for them to run in.  Not seen alot of that in the past year. One thing our backs do alot is when they go into the line there looking down towards the ground instead of looking up in the open field like Lankford and Hale and Mitchell did.  We do have some good backs and I'm not putting them down, it's just if you want to be a great back like those other guys you have to do those xtra little things.

The Whitwell and BadPasture game was some of the worst center play I have ever seen from a Pirate team.