East Hamilton at Greeneville

budkilmer

6 hours ago, Mavericksinflight said:

You are of course entitled to be for Betsy and I understand since Betsy is local. But I do feel Greeneville fans will root more for Betsy rather AC because they would rather not play AC at home. But DevilMan and BVD are afraid to admit the Facts.....:)

If I’m being honest,  nobody wants to play AC at home.  It’s not because of the cheesy fireworks mask wearing kiddy games either.  Mainly bc fans are obnoxious and you have to sit right beside them.  It doesn’t help that the PA announcer is a bit over the top/annoying.  Just my opinion and not meant to hurt your feelings. 

1 hour ago, Cyclonefan16 said:

If I’m being honest,  nobody wants to play AC at home.  It’s not because of the cheesy fireworks mask wearing kiddy games either.  Mainly bc fans are obnoxious and you have to sit right beside them.  It doesn’t help that the PA announcer is a bit over the top/annoying.  Just my opinion and not meant to hurt your feelings. 

I ran into a lot of obnoxious fans in the SEC when I went to a lot more games.Some were even our own UT fans.Never forget  me and BVD at the 1998 Arkansas game and Tennessee was just getting their butts kicked and that was a fact.An old man behind us cursed every coach ,player and maybe even smokey and the cheerleaders.He had enough and got up and left before the miracle finish.I told BVD that the only good thing about the game at that point was  that old bastd had probably waited since 1951 to see us number one and have a great chance to win it all.Then even better was the old fart had left and didn't get to see the most awesome possible chain of events that helped the Vols win and later become National Champions !                                                                                                                                                                                                                            Image result for tennessee 1998 football season

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Technically the TSSAA expects the Announcer to be a neutral part of the game stating down and distance, yards per carry and public announcements. They are also are part of crowd control. As a FB game administrator I will say Mr. Ray Smith, Greeneville may have been the best Announcer for meeting TSSAA expectations and criteria. They are not radio play by  play guys, but half or more think they are.

On the other hand, as a young football coach Batman, I did not have a knife with me and a guy you played ball with named Butch gave me his knife and I cut the announcers wires. For the next half. only the announcer, and a few coaches on top the press box at Crockett could hear him scream.... PASS, DRAW, SCREEN

Edited by noonesfool