QB plays in OD Bowl his junior year - No Penalty?

MDJ

1 hour ago, OLD PIRATE said:

Holy hello, What in tarnation is this mess? Does anyone have the roster with identification of what class the players were. Reading those posts imply the player was a junior playing a game against all seniors. The TSSAA needs to seriously review this obvious illegal participation. 

He never played in the All Senior Bowl. No illegal participation was done. 

https://bowl.o-d.com/

www.o-d.com

A Legacy of Greatness

Our hand-selected rosters are the product of intense pre-season scouting from hundreds of Offense-Defense coaching personnel, culminating in what has become the biggest invitation-only youth and high school football event in the world! Unlike the myriad "pay-to-play" tournaments out there, our All-American Bowl is the only that can boast having trained and personally evaluated the players prior to selecting them.

Edited by LValum14

What kind of mess is this? I just called that Tower man to ask him about this mess.  This Childress man should make that ashworth boy sit out if he had SEC coaches training him before the season.  This is a bunch of mess. He was down there in Louisiana getting that Orgeron man to watch him.  You think im joking but im not. 

31 minutes ago, LValum14 said:

https://bowl.o-d.com/

www.o-d.com

A Legacy of Greatness

Our hand-selected rosters are the product of intense pre-season scouting from hundreds of Offense-Defense coaching personnel, culminating in what has become the biggest invitation-only youth and high school football event in the world! Unlike the myriad "pay-to-play" tournaments out there, our All-American Bowl is the only that can boast having trained and personally evaluated the players prior to selecting them.

No admission charged, but thanks for thinking he is GREAT!!! We already know he is.

He did not have any SEC coaches coaching him. He never played in a game where admission was charged. He went to camps that his parents paid for including the o-d camp held in Nashville every year full of other TN athletes and the ALL American Bowl is seniors only and the underclassmen pay for their camp but are invited to watch the actual all American bowl game. It is all marketing. Any athlete in this valley could go to these same camps. In fact, they do go to camps and play scrimmages.

Just some thoughts...Memphis East (basketball) had to forgo playing in New York because of a similar bylaw. Seems to me that although it's a pay-to-play "camp", to be SELECTED means all-star game. If teams are divided, officials participate, and score/stats are kept...it's officially a game in my mind. Basically there's no difference to me in this and a regular camp, but there's not a TSSAA rule forbidding camps, and there is for this type game. I agree with the Trousdale poster in principal, yet there should definitely not be a disparity in applying the TSSAA rules (refer back to the first sentence). 

10 minutes ago, tradertwo said:

Just some thoughts...Memphis East (basketball) had to forgo playing in New York because of a similar bylaw. Seems to me that although it's a pay-to-play "camp", to be SELECTED means all-star game. If teams are divided, officials participate, and score/stats are kept...it's officially a game in my mind. Basically there's no difference to me in this and a regular camp, but there's not a TSSAA rule forbidding camps, and there is for this type game. I agree with the Trousdale poster in principal, yet there should definitely not be a disparity in applying the TSSAA rules (refer back to the first sentence). 

The TSSAA states that admission has to be charged and the players must be selected from a team. These kids are not selected from their teams at all. 

Just now, TurnedTiger said:

The TSSAA states that admission has to be charged and the players must be selected from a team. These kids are not selected from their teams at all. 

Nitpicking. From exactly where was he selected...the phone book? Not buying it at all. Admission charged to watch the "real" game, and the underclassmen played pro bono, I'm guessing. I have no axe to grind here...but don't insult my intelligence.

7 minutes ago, tradertwo said:

Nitpicking. From exactly where was he selected...the phone book? Not buying it at all. Admission charged to watch the "real" game, and the underclassmen played pro bono, I'm guessing. I have no axe to grind here...but don't insult my intelligence.

Not trying to insult your intelligence. The underclassmen don't even scrimmage the same day or even the same field as the All American Bowl. It's all a money grabbing marketing tool. The parents pay for the younger kids to go to the camp and at the end they get to watch the Seniors. Its to make the kids (and parents) hungry so they'll keep paying for camps and hopefully get to the All American Bowl when they are seniors.

I found something that says it cost $15 and that gave you admission to all the events. I also got confirmation he did indeed play in a junior vs junior bowl game. I found it online today. They even had announcers. He was wearing #13 in THE GAME. Regardless it’s over and he’s legal,  but he definitely played in a game. That talk of it being a scrimmage isn’t true. 

23 minutes ago, TurnedTiger said:

He did not have any SEC coaches coaching him. He never played in a game where admission was charged. He went to camps that his parents paid for including the o-d camp held in Nashville every year full of other TN athletes and the ALL American Bowl is seniors only and the underclassmen pay for their camp but are invited to watch the actual all American bowl game. It is all marketing. Any athlete in this valley could go to these same camps. In fact, they do go to camps and play scrimmages.

Most organized scrimmage I’ve ever seen.