QB plays in OD Bowl his junior year - No Penalty?

MDJ

2 minutes ago, WingoVFL said:

He is definitely doing better than he was last year but a lot of that can be do to he is the QB1 and he knows he earned it. Year 2 in the system. And his 20,31,3,7, & 4 help him out a lot 

The kid and his parents should have every right to do whatever they wish independently of the team for him to get better. Again, I'm not implying that the QB, nor the team be penalized for playing in this game, or being instructed by whomever to maximize his talent. TSSAA has no right to restrict anyone's attempt (IMO) to be more proficient at whatever they like. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, tradertwo said:

The kid and his parents should have every right to do whatever they wish independently of the team for him to get better. Again, I'm not implying that the QB, nor the team be penalized for playing in this game, or being instructed by whomever to maximize his talent. TSSAA has no right to restrict anyone's attempt (IMO) to be more proficient at whatever they like. 

Bingo 

1 minute ago, TheAmbassador said:

They should let them do whatever they want. I agree, but they do have a rule against playing in these games. I’m stunned they made an exception and allowed it. I hope they continue to do so though so all kinds of kids can go play in it. 

I'd almost bet that if it were investigated, it wouldn't be allowed. TSSAA is usually indifferent to right and wrong (morally) anyway, and this clearly steps over their line.

Once again every kid should be able to compete and go to camps or whatever they can to improve their game! It's a whole lot better than drinking or doing drugs during the off season when there's nothing more to do! This chaps me in a bad way, the tssaa is scared that schools will start pulling out and an independent league of some sort start up, they need to take a step back! If mine had been invited he would have played in it if he wanted to(except for the broken leg) and I could care less what tssaa thinks about it!

Old Pirate says the TSSAA is a joke & the director makes a huge ge amount of money basically for collecting money & directing rules, where & who benefits from it. This is a golden opportunity for some business minded group to start their own O&D Bowl.  If this game is legal then someone is missing out on a huge opportunity. BTW, TSSAA shouldn’t have ANY THING to do with it. Chattanooga would be a good location choice with multiple states near! 

1 hour ago, wildcat89 said:

Once again every kid should be able to compete and go to camps or whatever they can to improve their game! It's a whole lot better than drinking or doing drugs during the off season when there's nothing more to do! This chaps me in a bad way, the tssaa is scared that schools will start pulling out and an independent league of some sort start up, they need to take a step back! If mine had been invited he would have played in it if he wanted to(except for the broken leg) and I could care less what tssaa thinks about it!

Tennessee would be far better off with another governing body. TSSAA, as the youngons say, Suck! OP has been preaching this fer years!