4a Mr.Football Semi-Finalist

DevilMan03

1 hour ago, barb said:

And how much better do the starters get as the season progresses if you pull the qb in the first quarter. This is a team sport and they have to be successful together. No other way to do it except more snaps.  I'm pretty sure his completion percentage stays the same either way.

He is not disagreeing with any of this, having said that, Ballard has been extremely efficient which negates any stat padding in my opinion, it is what he has done with the opportunities he has had which is so impressive.....

9 minutes ago, Bullring99 said:

Just on huddle and highlights. Nothing bad, but why not feed the RB''s Less chance of your qb to take hits. 

I'll answer that question and I Know, watched, and played under Ballard before he was a head coach. Cade is 5'10 205lbs and squats more than anyone on the team. If he can QB sneak it in behind that big line and his strength why would any coach take a risk of a hand off?  Don't have to worry about a hand off mess up or penetration from the D.  Ballard is not the leading rusher on the team and has only been the leading rusher in 2 games all season.  Through the Regular season #47 Youngblood had 34 carries for 271 yards 7 TDS.  #20 Gillespie leads the team in rushing with 490 yards on 36 carries and 7 TD's.  Ballard had 9 TD's on the year with most of them being within the 2 yard line (outside the long run against DB on guess what a QB sneak, and 13 yard TD run against Betsy).  Ballard rushed for 394 yards on 45 carries.  The Devils had 30 rushing TD's in the Regular Season and Ballard accounted for less than 30 % of the rushing TD's and less than 25% of total rushing yards for the team who ran for 1583 yards this year.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Swipes said:

I'll answer that question and I Know, watched, and played under Ballard before he was a head coach. Cade is 5'10 205lbs and squats more than anyone on the team. If he can QB sneak it in behind that big line and his strength why would any coach take a risk of a hand off?  Don't have to worry about a hand off mess up or penetration from the D.  Ballard is not the leading rusher on the team and has only been the leading rusher in 2 games all season.  Through the Regular season #47 Youngblood had 34 carries for 271 yards 7 TDS.  #20 Gillespie leads the team in rushing with 490 yards on 36 carries and 7 TD's.  Ballard had 9 TD's on the year with most of them being within the 2 yard line (outside the long run against DB on guess what a QB sneak, and 13 yard TD run against Betsy).  Ballard rushed for 394 yards on 45 carries.  The Devils had 30 rushing TD's in the Regular Season and Ballard accounted for less than 30 % of the rushing TD's and less than 25% of total rushing yards for the team who ran for 1583 yards this year.

Which set up a touchdown against EH when everyone gunned for the 1 and 2 hole and cam was wide open 

51 minutes ago, Swipes said:

That's pretty even stats, #2 is built like a RB and can throw it. You think it hurts the Devils to have two easy playoff games and helps the winner of the Betsy/AC game playing a tougher game before the 3rd round? No matter what it's going to be fun this Friday. 

• Upvote 1