Round 2: Oneida @ South Greene

Guest Fall101

36 minutes ago, Imthayeti said:

Wasn't meant to be disrespectful bud. Just our kids will most likely be chomping at the bit to play Rockwood again after the upset last year. The hurt of that game still runs deep. Only meant we came to you guys 2 years in a row after classification change. It's just nice to see some injuns around here is all. In different terms what I'm saying is im glad your making that 2.5 hour drive hopefully rather then us again lol.

Let me be clear man. If Meigs weren't what they are this year your team would be a semifinal team. I think you all are very good. If your offense matched your defense you may had beaten us. :thumb:

No sir, I didn't take it as disrespectful at all. Only as realistic. 

As for offense matching defense, well pretty much the same 11 play both so why is one 6th in 2A in points allowed and the other . . . Well I digress. Hopefully whenever we get back where we used to be you'll have the opportunity to see what I mean is all. 

24 minutes ago, Spike16 said:

Any South Greene fellers round? Tell us what ya got? 

SG is tough physical team with decent speed. They have some good play makers & Run the ball a lot! Have a good QB and some good receivers, but they do not pass a lot.  They would be a great passing team if the coach would throw the ball more.  This will be a tough game for both teams.  I gotta pull for the Rebels.  Scores to come later.

Edited by Romansfive8

1 minute ago, orngnblk said:

That was also just a scrimmage.lol

That and score comparisons, we know how that goes. But if we do compare results with non-common opponents SG got beat by the number 15, 16 and 25 teams but gonna handle number 9? At any rate we just gotta play and see. 

Guest Fall101

When the 4th rolled round last night our pound ya to death offense really showed up. We were gettin 7-8 yards and pop and alot of HV players were slow gettin up. I have a feelin SG hasn’t seen a pound ya every single play offense like they will Friday. Plus we play a little D as well. 

Edited by Fall101

2 hours ago, Sgfootball said:

Sg scrimmaged cland this year and beat them 6 scores to I think 3. Think it’s gonna be a better game than most think 

Scrimmages are not to be gauged on.  You don't know who is on the field.  A lot of different kids getting some work.  I'm glad you're confident but I don't see the rebels doing too well in this one.  I've got Oneida 28-7