Columbia Academy at Waverly Central (2nd around)

BulldawgsRise

The CA HC game was absolutely no where near as close as the score suggested. CA dominated the entire game except on the first Hickman county drive. CA defense looked very good and the running game was rolling. There were 3 turnovers I believe in the red zone and a touchdown called back that turned into a field goal. Should’ve been a 42-6 ish type game but it’s in the past now. 

Forrest held their own against Waverly in the first half but Waverly was able to put the game away in the second half. Forrest played hard and were able to keep it to a 13 point game. 

CA is better defensively than Waverly, but Waverly has a better offense. CA can run the ball at will, but Waverly seems to be able to run and pass very well.

I stated a few weeks ago that I thought CA would lose this game after seeing the LC game. But after tonight I have gained some confidence back. I think CA can win this game. 

For CA to win they will have to eliminate the turnovers. If this means we don’t pass at all then so be it. Waverly will get their points on the board but I think that if CA can stop them a couple of times then they can win this game. 

5 minutes ago, Monkey Wrench said:

I wrote something similar in the other thread, but if CA turns it over 5 times, its gonna be a blowout in Waverlys favor.  CA's defense looked really good, minus the first drive of the game.  We shall see how it goes.  Davidson broke 300 against HC and CAs overall rushing yards were > 400

I agree. Turnovers can kill CA. Waverly had a few turnovers tonight as well so I think it can go both ways. I think that the play calling will be better next Friday for us. If we don’t turn it over, we can definitely win for sure

If Waverly plays like tonight you might win. Way too many critical penalties and mistakes. You will have a tough time getting outside on the Tigers, but unless they adjust to your style, the middle is open to 2-3 yards before contact. If CA stays in the game until late it will be because they grind out first downs, and get into the secondary once in a while.

By "critical", I mean TD's called back, first downs allowed on 3'rd or 4'th and long, ect… 

2 minutes ago, tradertwo said:

If Waverly plays like tonight you might win. Way too many critical penalties and mistakes. You will have a tough time getting outside on the Tigers, but unless they adjust to your style, the middle is open to 2-3 yards before contact. If CA stays in the game until late it will be because they grind out first downs, and get into the secondary once in a while.

By "critical", I mean TD's called back, first downs allowed on 3'rd or 4'th and long, ect… 

It could honestly go either way. I really do not know what to expect to happen

Waverly had positive yardage on almost every play (it seemed), yet when they made a mistake, it was a big one. Forrest had as many negative plays as positive, yet when they needed one to stay in the game, either they hit it or Waverly gave them one with a flag or turnover. the same game could have been more lopsided...it just wasn't.

Awwww man,here it is. The rematch we've all been waiting for! I'm with you guys, really have no feel for this game. Really could go either way, especially if we play like we did tonight. We have to clean it up. Wayyyyyyyy to many points left on the field. Looks like you CA folks had the same problem. If both teams get it cleaned up this week, this should be one heck of a game!