Union City vs Fairley Round 2

Bigsw02

Here we are in Round 2 of the playoffs and we are on the road to Memphis t to play a very good Fairley football team. All indicators are pointing to a long hard fought game between these two teams. UC must get the fumbles under control and do it in a hurry or the ride back home from Memphis will be a long one. I feel good about the defense. I believe we will be able to hang in there on that side or the ball. I know we scored 49 points last night and that's great but the defense scored 14 points of that while holding Douglas to 13 points. If we can get the fumbles under control I believe we can make a game of it, if we can't....... What say you?

42 minutes ago, Bigsw02 said:

Here we are in Round 2 of the playoffs and we are on the road to Memphis t to play a very good Fairley football team. All indicators are pointing to a long hard fought game between these two teams. UC must get the fumbles under control and do it in a hurry or the ride back home from Memphis will be a long one. I feel good about the defense. I believe we will be able to hang in there on that side or the ball. I know we scored 49 points last night and that's great but the defense scored 14 points of that while holding Douglas to 13 points. If we can get the fumbles under control I believe we can make a game of it, if we can't....... What say you?

I think Fairly will have a hard time defending something something they have never seen on a regular basis.  Your best defense is your offense.  Get the win.  Show up at the Peabody Palace for an all out war.  Good luck next week.

1 hour ago, Golddoctor said:

I think Fairly will have a hard time defending something something they have never seen on a regular basis.  Your best defense is your offense.  Get the win.  Show up at the Peabody Palace for an all out war.  Good luck next week.

Man oh man. Crystal balls are polished up and shining bright. Good luck in the third round. 

Fairley is a good team.

IMO their strength is their defense.  I don;t see you guys throwing the ball much, but their DB's are quick and will sit back and jump the route in zone coverage.  They are very well coached and know how to tackle as well as gang tackle.  Their front line is not extremely big but they are quick,  physical and strong.  They did seem to wear down a little in the late 3rd quarter but still made the plays to cause a lot of turnovers for us.

Their offense is not bad.  Couple very fast runners.  If they get into open space they can roll.  Number 1 has explosive speed. He can start and stop on a dime.  They only completed 1-2 passes but they ran a lot  of counter plays. Their line is not bad but they had a lot of holding calls last night.  

Good luck.  I'm pulling for the Tornadoes......hang on to the ball.

3 hours ago, GCPioneerFan said:

Fairley is a good team.

IMO their strength is their defense.  I don;t see you guys throwing the ball much, but their DB's are quick and will sit back and jump the route in zone coverage.  They are very well coached and know how to tackle as well as gang tackle.  Their front line is not extremely big but they are quick,  physical and strong.  They did seem to wear down a little in the late 3rd quarter but still made the plays to cause a lot of turnovers for us.

Their offense is not bad.  Couple very fast runners.  If they get into open space they can roll.  Number 1 has explosive speed. He can start and stop on a dime.  They only completed 1-2 passes but they ran a lot  of counter plays. Their line is not bad but they had a lot of holding calls last night.  

Good luck.  I'm pulling for the Tornadoes......hang on to the ball.

What did you think about the Wilkins kid ? 

7 hours ago, Golddoctor said:

The team hasn’t but the coach has seen it. He played against an offense similar to union city. I was told he played for unc in college 

We lost 5 fumbles last night and still managed to put 49 points on the board. I'm don't believe we can do that again. There was a huge problem with the center QB exchange last night. Plus the fact that Douglas had 8-9 men in the box coming hard every play. That worked between the tackles but leaves the perimeter vulnerable. So that is where we attacked. I'm certain Fairley will be watching this film and be ready to take away both areas. But then there is always the QB read. This guy is good at making the right decision. Last night he cut up field several times when I thought he was going to pitch it to the tailback. He got positive yards and scored a couple of TDs by fooling the defense into playing for the pitchman. Of course when the defense played the QB he would pitch the ball and get what we could on the perimeter. Douglas seemed very committed to stopping our full back but he still ended up with 200 yards due to some long runs once he got past the stacked box. We have changed a couple of things in our offense but I ain't saying what those changes are. I feel like we will be able to compete this week if we can stop fumbling the dang ball. Just saying