Union City vs Fairley Round 2

Bigsw02

1 hour ago, Golddoctor said:

The Memphis teams will get better when they start getting more support from their fan base.  I know this sound wrong but the young men feed off of being hometown heroes.  Fairly has an excellent coach and they will be back I am sure, but R7 is the Sec of small Tennessee Football.  R7 has 4 or 5 Gold balls in the last decade.  Thanks to Peabody (1 gold)  UC 2 Gold, Dresden 1 Gold who have since moved on to play 1A Ball. Memphis has their work cut out for them.  They have always dominated in Basketball. 

UC has 3 in 1A and 1 in 2A

15 minutes ago, PeabodyPride said:

It is strange,most towns that large with 1 school are 4 or 5 A !!! Alot of folk drive to Troy to go to school .

Because of open enrollment in Obion County there are buses that run in UC that take kids to the county schools everyday. As for me, I can't understand why any parent would send their kids to the county schools, especially if you live in the city limits of UC. I have experienced both schools systems and I would choose the UC Schools every single time when given the choice. We are blessed with a very good school system. As for those who choose the county over UC........ You will have to ask them why.

3 minutes ago, Bigsw02 said:

Because of open enrollment in Obion County there are buses that run in UC that take kids to the county schools everyday. As for me, I can't understand why any parent would send their kids to the county schools, especially if you live in the city limits of UC. I have experienced both schools systems and I would choose the UC Schools every single time when given the choice. We are blessed with a very good school system. As for those who choose the county over UC........ You will have to ask them why.

Yes Swo. Thank goodness for open enrollment or we wouldn’t have won any state titles. 

5 minutes ago, Bigsw02 said:

UC and Tssd which is peabody are the 2 best systems I have seen,my kids attended both and love both.

52 minutes ago, Golddoctor said:

I thought so.  That's why I said 4 or 5.  I wish Peabody had open enrollment.  We would have 2 or 3 gold balls too. Oh yeah, Trenton has under 5000 people and UC has over 10.  Wow!!! 

Here we go again.  Go cry on someone else post my friend.  Some people want to be haters.  Some people want to bring up enrollment every freskin' time playoffs comes around and Union City advances.   It doesn't matter.  Drop the enrollment subject, this is about football, not enrollment numbers.  Thank you.  

Edited by ucdiditagain

Just now, UCStrong77 said:

Yes Swo. Thank goodness for open enrollment or we wouldn’t have won any state titles. 

I know you have to be joking. I can smell the sarcasm coming off the page. There are plenty of people who think that about us though. Open enrollment hasn't helped UC win anything. These boys hadn't won anything until Coach Bowling came in and installed his program and changed the mentality of the players. When he first got here we had almost 60 players on the team. By the time we got to the 09 season we were down to 35. He is tough and demands the same from his players.

7 minutes ago, Bigsw02 said:

I know you have to be joking. I can smell the sarcasm coming off the page. There are plenty of people who think that about us though. Open enrollment hasn't helped UC win anything. These boys hadn't won anything until Coach Bowling came in and installed his program and changed the mentality of the players. When he first got here we had almost 60 players on the team. By the time we got to the 09 season we were down to 35. He is tough and demands the same from his players.

You smelled correctly my friend.