Union City vs Fairley Round 2

Bigsw02

12 minutes ago, kwc said:

That will get you frustrated quick, fast, and in a hurry. 3 TDs called back. That's really hard to swallow.

Okay hard to swallow ?? It was very blatant penalties in all honesty !!!! This was the first 2A dog fight Fairley was in and they came up short!! They played hard and never quit and should be proud, but again lack discipline rears it ugly head !!! Bright future for this program though!!! Congrats Bulldogs a great season !!

Edited by PeabodyPride

5 minutes ago, PeabodyPride said:

Okay hard to swallow ?? It was very blatant penalties in all honesty !!!! This was the first 2A dog fight Fairley was in and they came up short!! They played hard amd never quit amd should be proud, but again lack discipline rears it ugly head !!! Bright future for this program though!!! Congrats Bulldogs a great season !!

Yes ... Having 3 TDs called will be hard  to swallow for anyone, but especially for teenagers. It will be frustrating. 

I said earlier in this thread that this would be a learning experience. Fairley will eventually learn to beat Region 7 teams and not have to endure having 3 TDs called back. 

10 minutes ago, kwc said:

That will get you frustrated quick, fast, and in a hurry. 3 TDs called back. That's really hard to swallow.

If you don't want TDs called back then don't commit penalties. It's that simple. That's where discipline comes in. The Fairley coach was losing his mind. Last week Douglas was penalized 22 times. Tonight, Fairley had the most talent and I was telling my wife " Just imagine what this team could do if they were more disciplined". We played hard and tough and didn't commit drive killing penalties and we came out on top against a team that should have beaten us. That's how you win in the playoffs.

1 minute ago, Bigsw02 said:

If you don't want TDs called back then don't commit penalties. It's that simple. That's where discipline comes in. The Fairley coach was losing his mind. Last week Douglas was penalized 22 times. Tonight, Fairley had the most talent and I was telling my wife " Just imagine what this team could do if they were more disciplined". We played hard and tough and didn't commit drive killing penalties and we came out on top against a team that should have beaten us. That's how you win in the playoffs.

Best post of the week !!! PURE FACTS

1 hour ago, Bigsw02 said:

In theory you are 100 % correct,I always enjoy your posts !!! The Bulldogs faced a coach tonite thats just a juggernaut plain and simple !! Being honest UC has won all that gold with rarely top notch talent,I dont think they have had a D 1 recruit on a single goldball team!!!!! Scheme amd discipline, they are what they are !!! 

Edited by PeabodyPride

1 hour ago, PeabodyPride said:

In theory you are 100 % correct,I always enjoy your posts !!! The Bulldogs faced a coach tonite thats just a juggernaut plain amd simple !! Bein honest UC wons all that gold with rarely top notch talent,I dont think they have had a D 1 recruit on a single goldball team!!!!! Scheme amd discipline, they are what they are !!! 

Yes. One is at MTSU, may just get drafted this year. Javonte moffat 

Lots of congrats and respect to Fairley. They played tough ball. 2 of the slickest running backs I have seen. We just couldn't get a good hit or even a good hand on them for much of the night. We finally started to bottle them up some in the second half but they scared me all night long. They can hold their heads high. They will likely continue to get better.

4 hours ago, BlackHavenSenator said:

Saw Gene last night. He was in decent spirits. Says a lot of the boys that played were juniors. I hope that they get a chance to see ya'll next season 

The Memphis teams will get better when they start getting more support from their fan base.  I know this sound wrong but the young men feed off of being hometown heroes.  Fairly has an excellent coach and they will be back I am sure, but R7 is the Sec of small Tennessee Football.  R7 has 4 or 5 Gold balls in the last decade.  Thanks to Peabody (1 gold)  UC 2 Gold, Dresden 1 Gold who have since moved on to play 1A Ball. Memphis has their work cut out for them.  They have always dominated in Basketball. 

Edited by Golddoctor

5 hours ago, BlackHavenSenator said:

Saw Gene last night. He was in decent spirits. Says a lot of the boys that played were juniors. I hope that they get a chance to see ya'll next season 

BHS:

They will. Remember what I told last night. Coach Robinson will figure out how to beat Region 7 teams, just like Tell White did. Give him a little more seasoning. 

Because of the situation, he will teach to deal with the scrutiny and how to best coach the sidelines. He's learning. Playoff football is a different animal altogether.

Edited by kwc