Attendance -round 1

CHARGERFAN

I was wondering how attendance went at round 1 games. My thoughts:

Melrose @ Covington- Melrose only had a handful of spectators (20 to 30) including their band. For a similar game at our place 15 or 16 years ago, they tailgated and packed the visitor stands. Covington had stands that were 2/3 full (less than most home games). Weather was rainy and chilly. I think the weather and the matchup cut into the crowd.

How about your game?

33 minutes ago, Devilsx4 said:

Same for the Greene Devils 

I'm not sure even the most die-hard fans would have braved that miserable weather and driven all the way from Chattanooga to see what they most certainly knew was not going to end well. At least in Greeneville it was Senior Night.

Nobody wants to pay $8 (even the Home winning fans) to see these watered down non interesting way over matched 70% shouldn't be in playoff games, with most the possibility &/or likelihood of a running clock(TSSAA brass certainly couln't run an effective business). !st round will/should be free admission if they keep this up. Alabama fans are even smart enough to pass(stay home) rather than go see em play Mercer. Can you imagine paying $8 to see DHS(UCF) play Memphis East & their potent 12pts per season offense  

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, wolfchase said:

Nobody wants to pay $8 (even the Home winning fans) to see these watered down non interesting way over matched 70% shouldn't be in playoff games, with most the possibility &/or likelihood of a running clock(TSSAA brass certainly couln't run an effective business). !st round will/should be free admission if they keep this up. Alabama fans are even smart enough to pass(stay home) rather than go see em play Mercer. Can you imagine paying $8 to see DHS(UCF) play Memphis East & their potent 12pts per season offense  

Good point on the running clock. Ours was 35-0 in the middle of the second quarter and the clock ran from then on. I think both teams were glad to get out of there, and our fans were happy to win and go home.

33 minutes ago, wolfchase said:

I'm not sure why this bothers you so much. Try imagining you are a high school senior and get to play just one more game, no matter how sorry the match-up. I agree there are perhaps teams from other regions that have better records but until we have some sort of "wild-card" play in game for small regions or a complete overhaul of the system, we are playing the hand we are dealt. Just stay home until you find a game worthy of your 8 bucks.

7 hours ago, barb said:

I'm not sure why this bothers you so much. Try imagining you are a high school senior and get to play just one more game, no matter how sorry the match-up. I agree there are perhaps teams from other regions that have better records but until we have some sort of "wild-card" play in game for small regions or a complete overhaul of the system, we are playing the hand we are dealt. Just stay home until you find a game worthy of your 8 bucks.

This is what i love about our small community in Greenback they come out no matter what,and always have.