Repairing the Memphis stereotype and more sportsmanship.

1WAREAGLE

6 minutes ago, GeneralAmerigha said:

when you have 2A trezevant get clipped for cheating after two state titles, i mean is it really mysterious why they aren't respected? 

Not to mention when they took the loss at state to Greeneville they decided to go out and cut tires in the parking lot 

33 minutes ago, Outsider1998 said:

Name ten better than Henry county, Dyersburg, Covington, or Haywood 

First of all I agree with you. But for the fun of it I am going to try and name as many teams as I can that could beat the three above. Not that they are better but could beat the three above. Germantown, Lausanne, Whitehaven, MUS, Christian Brothers, maybe Houston..... maybe. I am struggling for more. 

I had had to edit to say I don’t think Haywood should be included. But the other 3 definitely should. 

Edited by BIGPURPLEMACHINE

10 minutes ago, Tigers38 said:

Whitehaven, Memphis Central, Kirby, Germantown, CBHS, MUS, Lausanne,Cordova,Houston, Briarcrest

Nope throw Kirby out. This year for them and that’s it. Normal Kirby no. Houston no. Cordova is not even there now. Whitehaven yes. Germantown ehh this year and last year. Memphis central is hit and miss. Privates throw them out. Don’t hang your hat on them as the Memphis teams people are talking about in this thread. The point was stereotyped undisciplined but good athletes.  So leave the privates out of the 10 you are looking for

Edited by BigEdMo

14 minutes ago, Tigers38 said:

Whitehaven, Memphis Central, Kirby, Germantown, CBHS, MUS, Lausanne,Cordova,Houston, Briarcrest

Not to mention Olive Branch, Horn Lake, Southaven right outside of Memphis that also recruit in Memphis heavily

Recruit????  That is illegal.  And that is Mississippi also. Stop trying to hedge the bet

Edited by BigEdMo

13 minutes ago, Tigers38 said:

Not to mention Olive Branch, Horn Lake, Southaven right outside of Memphis that also recruit in Memphis heavily

I don’t think Briarcrest, Kirby or Cordova could beat any of the 3. I didn’t include the Mississippi teams because they are in another state but they might be able to do something. Haven’t really kept up with them this season. 

1 minute ago, BigEdMo said:

Nope throw Kirby out. This year for them and that’s it. Normal Kirby no. Houston no. Cordova is not even there now. Whitehaven yes. Germantown ehh this year and last year. Memphis central is hit and miss. Privates throw them out. Don’t hang your hat on them as the Memphis teams people are talking about in this thread. The point was undisciplined but good athletes.  So leave the privates out of the 10 you are looking for

Are we talking about all time or just this year.  Private schools have to be included because these teams recruit heavily in the city.  Which is a big reason why all of the smailler teams are not as good.  Kirby is legit, they have been building something special under Coach Flowers

23 minutes ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

I don’t think Briarcrest, Kirby or Cordova could beat any of the 3. I didn’t include the Mississippi teams because they are in another state but they might be able to do something. Haven’t really kept up with them this season. 

Horn Lake is #1 in the state in 6A, Oiive Branch not far behind, remind your Cordova is in 6A

Edited by Tigers38

11 minutes ago, Tigers38 said:

Are we talking about all time or just this year.  Private schools have to be included because these teams recruit heavily in the city.  Which is a big reason why all of the smailler teams are not as good.  Kirby is legit, they have been building something special under Coach Flowers

I graduated From Kirby. They may be legit now but that is it. Which do you want to push all time or this year ?   I can Talk about either. Plus when you talk about the thread of stereotype that is a perception of more than one year body of work.  And no to the privates. Again what stereotype are you talking about. Undisciplined ball which are the public’s or the recruiting side which is the privates. And the smaller public’s are not weak because of the privates. You have major heavy hitters in the public’s that pull those kids. Just look at basketball if you want throw something else in the mix. Trezvant was cheating got busted and kids went to the next public program they felt that they could win at. Fairley is the only one now that can compete.