Repairing the Memphis stereotype and more sportsmanship.

1WAREAGLE

13 hours ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

You said you know 10-15 teams in Memphis that can beat any team in West TN outside of Memphis. There is not 10-15 teams in Memphis that can beat Dyersburg, Covington and Henry Co. No way. 

Whitehaven, Germantown, Lausanne, MUS, Christian Brothers, Briarcrest... and the toss ups games would be Cordova, Central, Ridgeway, Kirby 

1 minute ago, Havengrad04 said:

Whitehaven, Germantown, Lausanne, MUS, Christian Brothers, Briarcrest... and the toss ups games would be Cordova, Central, Ridgeway, Kirby 

Much respect to you Haven grad on your knowledge of Memphis ball. Always thought you were a good and knowledgeable poster. But I just don’t see Cordova l, Cental, Kirby as tests. We may find out next week if Ridgeway plays Henry Co. or is that tonight. Sorry can’t remember. 

23 minutes ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

Much respect to you Haven grad on your knowledge of Memphis ball. Always thought you were a good and knowledgeable poster. But I just don’t see Cordova l, Cental, Kirby as tests. We may find out next week if Ridgeway plays Henry Co. or is that tonight. Sorry can’t remember. 

I appreciate the kind words, those were the teams that came to mind. I think if they’re clicking right they (Cordova, Central, Kirby) would have a shot cause I believe all of those teams are neck and next with RW if not better but if we’re talking overall consistency then probably not but as far as this thread goes...

the smaller schools in Memphis generally have a bad impression because for the most part they get beat down when they play the rural schools which is because they’re just incapable of building a program like the smaller schools in the rural areas. It’s understandable if you’re comparing a school with the whole county or town supporting them vs a smaller school in the hood with minimum support not to mention the 3 or 4 others schools with in like a 10 mile radius... and then on top of that Trezevant being one of the lone examples of a smaller school who has had consistent success on the field. But winning will cure all that, winning and winning the right way; which is why I’m so glad to see the support that a school like  is getting and the great job their coach is doing in turning their program around. It’s also great to see a Freedom Prep in just they’re second year have success. If more smaller teams show up and show the other schools that Memphis teams can play disciplined football and start beating them then the stereotypes may still be there but the respect will be established. 

Edited by Havengrad04
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

14 hours ago, toinemac said:

It’s going to get scary if some of these small schools can keep their guys instead of them transfer to a 6a or a suburb or a private school. Douglass has some good size and ability a lot of it really young. If they can keep that bunch together and build on it they will be a good team. 

You can’t blame the kids for leaving though, honestly at the end of the day no matter if it’s in Memphis or any other part of tn. A good player is more likely to be seen by recruiters in bigger schools. In Memphis it’s just so many schools it’s easy to move and get in that bigger school. The kids know bigger schools get bigger offers. If a kid has a 2500 yard rushing year in a 1a school in this area he will get a ut Martin, maybe an Arkansas state or Murray state. If a kid in a 6a school rushes for 2500 he’s going to have sec offers

19 minutes ago, BigEdMo said:

I respect You Haven. But trezvant did not win the correct way. 

I agree they didn’t, they only add fuel to the fire of negative stereotypes for Memphis schools since they are the most successful small school out of Memphis. That’s why I said winning and winning the right way

3 hours ago, lcfalcon11 said:

You can’t blame the kids for leaving though, honestly at the end of the day no matter if it’s in Memphis or any other part of tn. A good player is more likely to be seen by recruiters in bigger schools. In Memphis it’s just so many schools it’s easy to move and get in that bigger school. The kids know bigger schools get bigger offers. If a kid has a 2500 yard rushing year in a 1a school in this area he will get a ut Martin, maybe an Arkansas state or Murray state. If a kid in a 6a school rushes for 2500 he’s going to have sec offers

i agree but the camps they offer now do allow a small school prospect to show what he has against other d 1 level players as well. Look at Eric Grey and the offers he has an example.

7 minutes ago, 3rddownpunt said:

i agree but the camps they offer now do allow a small school prospect to show what he has against other d 1 level players as well. Look at Eric Grey and the offers he has an example.

Lausanne may have a D2-AA enrollment ... but that football team is on the level of 6A in public and D2-AAA in private. They are not your normal mid to small school. Sort of Like CPA and Alcoa aren't your normal mid to small school football programs.

1 hour ago, BlackHavenSenator said:

They didn't get caught for anything... 2 gold balls are still in their trophy case as well as their are 2 in Whitehaven's 

Telli White did change transcripts. However, it was clearly established that he did not change any transcripts to make players elidgeable to play high school football. He changed them to make players elidgeable to enter college. That's why the TSSAA nor the investigating body didn't try to have their championship trophies removed.

As a matter of fact, the investigation into grade changing went on for a year or a little longer, and mutiple schools had teachers and administrators found to have changed grades without going through proper protocols. After the investigation went on for over a year ... no one was fired or removed or anything. The investigation committee stated that it couldn't prove or verify anything and the tax payers were wasting money with the investigation. Rules were put in place to prevent that from happening again and they stopped the investigation and shut it down. They investigate EVERY school in Shelby County not just Trezevant. Every School ... extensively

This was a seperate investigating committee from the DA's office I think, it was not an investigation committe created from the school board or had any affiliation with the school board. The investigation committee was an independant entity altogether.

So, Teli White isn't coaching anymore. But that was the extent of it. He was accused of changing transcripts to get some of his players in college. NOT HIGH SCHOOL.

Trezevant's championship trophies are legit and they stay at the school. End of story.

I think his suspension has a time limit on it. I wouldn't be shocked to see him coaching again in a high school near you after he has met the suspension time limit. He WILL get hired somewhere.

Edited by kwc