South Pittsburg vs Whitwell (Grider against this Boldin man)

Roy Dillard

5 hours ago, TheTruthPrevails said:

I am taking Victor and the pirates if, and I repeat if they win the turnover battle.  Seemed like vic the last time, especially after whitwell scored after halftime, didnt do anything to try to catch up.  Kind of like he conceded and just started making mental notes.  

Not entirely true. Vic at start of the 4th got a turnover and took a shot to end zone and scored. 14 point game with a whole QTR to go. Petty took the next offenive play about 50 yards for the score and that was game. SP will play better. I expect game to be closer

5 hours ago, TheTruthPrevails said:

I am taking Victor and the pirates if, and I repeat if they win the turnover battle.  Seemed like vic the last time, especially after whitwell scored after halftime, didnt do anything to try to catch up.  Kind of like he conceded and just started making mental notes.  

I don’t expect it. They finally won the turnover battle last night and still barely escaped. I love the Pirates, but this team just doesn’t seem to have the “It” factor to beat a good football team. 

6 minutes ago, TigerfootballFan said:

Which way is North? SP will be ready to play. I expect a closer game in the rematch. SP will have to be more physical up front to win. 

They might be able to keep it under 22 points, but that doesn’t matter in the end. The bigger, stronger, faster, older teams always win. 

The tigers have a huge advantage in this game. Let's call it for what it is. Their qb play is better and more consistent, their running backs as a whole are older, stronger, and faster, and their line gets a good push. The last game Whitwell just pinned their ears back and blitzed all night and we couldn't do anything about it. It's funny thought how a lot of their fans act like they are the best team ever. I never thought I would hear a lot of my Jasper buddies say I hope y'all wax them next week. But, like ambassador said, they are good this year and can gloat. This week is our ceiling and next week is theirs. Good luck Pirates! Win or lose I'll be their to support!

In my humble opinion this year’s Pirates try to do too many different things offensively. Last year the offense was more basic but better. This year we have some young weapons we are trying to use and create mismatches but that’s not what we are best at “yet”. I think in order for us to have a shot this team has to do what we do best and run right at them with Raulston in charge. You don’t win games relying on Sophomores to be gamebreakers late in playoffs. This year was supposed to be Raulston’s team and win games with a seasoned offensive line up front. Somewhere someway we lost that. If we keep Whitwell off the field and control tempo it’s a 7 point game. If not we might get mercy ruled this time around.  

Edited by TonyHorton91281

1 minute ago, TonyHorton91281 said:

In my humble opinion this year’s Pirates try to do too many different things offensively. Last year the offense was more basic but better. This year we have some young weapons we are trying to use and create mismatches but that’s not what we are best at “yet”. I think in order for us to have a shot this team has to do what we do best and run right at them with Raulston in charge. You don’t win games relying on Sophomores to be gamebreakers late in playoffs. This year was supposed to Raulston’s team and win games with a seasoned offensively line up front. Somewhere someway we lost that. If we keep Whitwell off the field and control tempo it’s a 7 point game. If not we might get mercy ruled this time around.  

I agree. Pound him

29 minutes ago, powerp said:

The tigers have a huge advantage in this game. Let's call it for what it is. Their qb play is better and more consistent, their running backs as a whole are older, stronger, and faster, and their line gets a good push. The last game Whitwell just pinned their ears back and blitzed all night and we couldn't do anything about it. It's funny thought how a lot of their fans act like they are the best team ever. I never thought I would hear a lot of my Jasper buddies say I hope y'all wax them next week. But, like ambassador said, they are good this year and can gloat. This week is our ceiling and next week is theirs. Good luck Pirates! Win or lose I'll be their to support!

Jasper players think they could beat whitwell, they said they made a lot of mistakes against SP and whitwell doesn’t play anyone besides SP and TC

1 hour ago, powerp said:

Whitwell has some great athletes. They would have a shot vs Greenback for two reasons. They have great athletes and they are an old football team like Greenback.  Whitwell actually presents Greenback a much tougher matchup than SP would.