Waverly and Riverside Round 3

vandyfan1

This is an intriguing match up. Riverside is a very underrated team. Most people over look those guys but they’re proving each week not to count them out. It seems like Waverly is finding their groove on defense despite their offense not putting up the gaudy numbers that they have throughout the regular season. It’s tough for me to pick a winner right now. I’ll have to think on it during the week. Waverly has the capability to blow anyone out but Riverside also has the capability to shock anyone on a given night. (Although I don’t necessarily consider it a shock given that Riverside is a darn good football team) 

22 minutes ago, FightingBlue0 said:

This is an intriguing match up. Riverside is a very underrated team. Most people over look those guys but they’re proving each week not to count them out. It seems like Waverly is finding their groove on defense despite their offense not putting up the gaudy numbers that they have throughout the regular season. It’s tough for me to pick a winner right now. I’ll have to think on it during the week. Waverly has the capability to blow anyone out but Riverside also has the capability to shock anyone on a given night. (Although I don’t necessarily consider it a shock given that Riverside is a darn good football team) 

What is unique is that Riverside has been under the radar for everyone...except for waverly. We have been saying since about mid season that RS was a good team. One thing is for sure, I dont see the Tigers thinking this will be a blowout by any means. The Panthers had the tigers down 17-0 in the first quarter of the first matchup. Waverly had a huge 2nd half. What kind if changes from the first matchup will we see in this one by both teams?

1 hour ago, Wavo2004 said:

QB played for RS when we played them but that wasn't the problem. Waverly threw all over yall. If RS  can't cover again could be a long night again

First of all I am Not y’all. I am Not riverside. Second a QB can be injured and still play like he did. I am Sure they limited some of the plays that they could have called. Third it was an insight to actual game info. Didn’t pick a side so I could Care less. I have Friends on both teams. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BigEdMo said:

First of all I am Not y’all. I am Not riverside. Second a QB can be injured and still play like he did. I am Sure they limited some of the plays that they could have called. Third it was an insight to actual game info. Didn’t pick a side so I could Care less. I have Friends on both teams. 

No wasn't meaning to come off like that ED. Jus saying they gotta be able to cover this time. If not it could be bad 

5 hours ago, rednecktiger31 said:

If the Defense continues to play like they did last night our chances are really good. Offense hasn't been putting up as many points the last couple of games but maybe that is what's helped the defense out by not being on the field as much?

There is some truth to that. There are a couple of components of our offense that has been moved to defense. #8 is one of them. Can score any time he touches the ball just like the others we have, but he's primarily used for defense. He told me that coach realized our defensive woes, so he slowed the offense down. That way we are not scoring in one or two plays and the defense basically spending the whole game on the field. Now we can run the ball, control the clock, still have that quick scoring capability, but defense gets plenty of rest.

20 minutes ago, Super8Dad said:

There is some truth to that. There are a couple of components of our offense that has been moved to defense. #8 is one of them. Can score any time he touches the ball just like the others we have, but he's primarily used for defense. He told me that coach realized our defensive woes, so he slowed the offense down. That way we are not scoring in one or two plays and the defense basically spending the whole game on the field. Now we can run the ball, control the clock, still have that quick scoring capability, but defense gets plenty of rest.

I kinda like that bwcause it makes us more balanced but we do great on 3 downs and always give up that one big play. 

I have miss some games due to me not driving over an hr to watch blowouts. I have seen a lot of R7 games this yr and to me if we dont get the offense going we might be in trouble. I scratched my head on a lot of offensive plays last night. 

45 minutes ago, Wavo2004 said:

No wasn't meaning to come off like that ED. Jus saying they gotta be able to cover this time. If not it could be bad 

I agree. I believe Riverside will have to sale out to the run and hope tigers are not hitting the mark on the pass. But I do Believe you will see a little different offense out of riverside with the QB healthy. They can grind it out a little more to try to control the clock. 

1 minute ago, BigEdMo said:

I agree. I believe Riverside will have to sale out to the run and hope tigers are not hitting the mark on the pass. But I do Believe you will see a little different offense out of riverside with the QB healthy. They can grind it out a little more to try to control the clock. 

We did better passing against them and so did Eville. I think thats what we will have to do to win.