3rd Round: THE Rematch - AC vs Greeneville

TomJoad

58 minutes ago, osunut2 said:

I've seen both teams play a few times this year, and I have no dog in the fight. I haven't followed either team closely enough to give an Xs and Os comparison, but I'll chime in.

Greeneville looks as advertised. From top to bottom, I think they are the better team, and the roster is just littered with talent. I'm tempted to call them Maryville-Lite, for obvious reasons. They are incredibly efficient offensively, and they appear to have the better of the two defenses. I watched most of their game versus Elizabethton, and that game wasn't nearly as close as the score indicated. Greeneville was just so much better across the board.

Anderson County looks to be peaking at the right time. The Mavs have a tremendously potent (and balanced) offense, but if there is an Achilles' heel, it's their defense. There were multiple times this season when I didn't think we'd even see this rematch, but the Mavs' defense really buckled down at the end of the year. Granted, they've played absolutely no one - zero regular season opponents had a winning record. However, SOS means nothing at this point, and I'll give them a tip of the cap for the Elizabethton beatdown that no one expected.

Both teams are motivated, and I expect the winner of this one to win in Cookeville (Haywood County is probably the only team left that can challenge either team). AC wants revenge, but so does Greeneville after what happened in the first half last November. I also think that while AC is happy to play the role of underdog, there is a tremendous amount of pressure on the Mavs to win this game in front of a home crowd, prove a lot of doubters wrong, and get to the semifinals for the first time since 1996; this Greeneville roster already has their gold ball, so in a way, they are playing with house money.

I expect a close game, but I think the team that's been there before comes out on top. Greeneville wins, 38-28.

I, too, was very impressed with AC's offensive performance against Elizabethton.  Their running game looked very strong.  One of the most intriguing matchups to me is AC's OLine against Gville's DLine.  AC did what they wanted with Elizabethton up front, and I will be very interested in seeing if AC can move the ball on the ground against Gville.  Nobody has been able to run against Greeneville, but if AC can run it and not become one-dimensional, they have a chance.  If AC can't run it and Gville can just pin their ears back and rush the passer, it will be very hard for AC to operate like that. 

• Upvote 1

I have seen Greeneville play this year many times and you can clearly see why they are good as advertised.  The QB is great!  It's no secret their very strong with the bubble screen. Plus, they are dangerous with the long ball.  Also, you cannot count out their run game. They have 3 guys that are strong and fast; they will run over you & run past you.  Defense, I am even more impressed with.  I think they have one the strongest-balanced defenses in the state regardless of the classification.

I have seen a couple of AC games on film this year and they are no push over.  They have my respect!   They have a great QB that can throw out of the pocket or on the run.  I think their long ball is their specialty. They also have a couple of strong guys that can run the ball very well.  Their defense was questionable at the beginning of the season but has improved.

There's no doubt that both teams have heart and respect for each other.  There's no doubt that both teams want it badly and will bring their best effort.

There's a lot of pressure on these kids from their programs/fans to win. Who will be able to handle the pressure? Which team will keep their composure?

This Friday night under the lights, will it be the Revenge OR the #1 Victor to leave no doubt? Oh My, will we know who has the edge after 12 minutes have gone by? 48 minutes the emotions that could not be controlled, again out the window goes the goal. The Xs an Os that stay on their toes will take the prize to be 13-0. 

GO GREENE!

Edited by Romansfive8

I think most of us on both sides have to be a little concerned,simply because of last years game and the fact both teams have some very talented athletes.Right now today I'd have a hard time saying the Devils will blow out the Mavs and the same going the other way.Sure it could happen if there are several penalties or turnovers.I  hope it's a clean game both ways as far as those things and both play their best game.Zero excuses from either team and no doubt which team is the better.That said,It will be very nice if it's my team .Go Devils !See the source image

4 hours ago, DevilMan03 said:

So Greeneville practices at Tusculum when it rains which leaves me asking. Does Ac practice in the rain or are they able to an indoor facility? 

wouldnt they be in the BARN?? in fact, the barns a good place for them to practice to get accostomed to being around wooded buildings cause friday night they're gona get taken to the WOODSHED

3 hours ago, Romansfive8 said:

I have seen Greeneville play this year many times and you can clearly see why they are good as advertised.  The QB is great!  It's no secret their very strong with the bubble screen. Plus, they are dangerous with the long ball.  Also, you cannot count out their run game. They have 3 guys that are strong and fast; they will run over you & run past you.  Defense, I am even more impressed with.  I think they have one the strongest-balanced defenses in the state regardless of the classification.

I have seen a couple of AC games on film this year and they are no push over.  They have my respect!   They have a great QB that can throw out of the pocket or on the run.  I think their long ball is their specialty. They also have a couple of strong guys that can run the ball very well.  Their defense was questionable at the beginning of the season but has improved.

There's no doubt that both teams have heart and respect for each other.  There's no doubt that both teams want it badly and will bring their best effort.

There's a lot of pressure on these kids from their programs/fans to win. Who will be able to handle the pressure? Which team will keep their composure?

This Friday night under the lights, will it be the Revenge OR the #1 Victor to leave no doubt? Oh My, will we know who has the edge after 12 minutes have gone by? 48 minutes the emotions that could not be controlled, again out the window goes the goal. The Xs an Os that stay on their toes will take the prize to be 13-0. 

GO GREENE!

ive now seen every game both of these teams have played this year.....these two teams are as evenly matched as you will get, unless you matched one of them up against maybe alcoa, but we all know thats not happening, so here we go.........

7 minutes ago, MavDad67 said:

I’m gonna say it’s  AC 49 - GV 42

that would be a "barn burner" for sure mavsdad....hey, good luck to your kids, i hope EVERYONE leaves that stadium friday night injury free and free of any silly extra curricular shanannigans that alot of people seem to think might occur. remember adults in the stands, its NOT about us, its all about those kids on the field that have put in the work all year long......GO DEVILS

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, BVDevil said:

that would be a "barn burner" for sure mavsdad....hey, good luck to your kids, i hope EVERYONE leaves that stadium friday night injury free and free of any silly extra curricular shanannigans that alot of people seem to think might occur. remember adults in the stands, its NOT about us, its all about those kids on the field that have put in the work all year long......GO DEVILS

I can see the cow fans trying to start stuff imo. 

• Sad 1