South Greene @ Meigs County - Quarterfinals

MarsBlackmon

34 minutes ago, RebRebReb said:

You have most of your team back from last year, right? I think it will be a tough match up but we are going to give it our best shot and leave it all out on the field.

How is your field with all this soggy weather?I figure it recovers pretty well but just thought I'd ask. Good luck on an injury free game. 

It recovers decently well it will be soggy maybe and sidelines might be muddy still. But last week on game day despite rain quitting 2 hours before game time. It honestly wasn't that bad. Their should be more time this time between the time the rain ends and game begins. But wont be warm enough to completely dry the field.

4 minutes ago, Imthayeti said:

It recovers decently well it will be soggy maybe and sidelines might be muddy still. But last week on game day despite rain quitting 2 hours before game time. It honestly wasn't that bad. Their should be more time this time between the time the rain ends and game begins. But wont be warm enough to completely dry the field.

Did a drive by last Saturday and it looked to be in good shape. Of course we didn't walk on it but it looked good. You have great facilities. 

1 minute ago, Imthayeti said:

I feel Meigs will win this one but it may be closer than some think...Then again maybe not. Let's consider...

We blew a 22-0 lead to lose at SG as did many other teams this season. We beat HV 17-7 and then HV destroys SG  21-0 at Happy Valley.

SG lost at Unicoi by 10 and at Cocke Co by 39.

HV loses to Oneida at Oneida 23-7...Oneida then loses at SG 23-21

We host RW and it's a 7-6 game in a mud bowl...Meigs beats RW at Meigs 28-14 in decent conditions.

It would appear that SG, in this away game, would be projected to lose 35-7 and Region-1 finished.

Now, If it were Meigs coming to Hampton for a sub-state basketball game, I'd go with region-1 :roflol:

5 minutes ago, uknoit2 said:

I feel Meigs will win this one but it may be closer than some think...Then again maybe not. Let's consider...

We blew a 22-0 lead to lose at SG as did many other teams this season. We beat HV 17-7 and then HV destroys SG  21-0 at Happy Valley.

We host RW and it's a 7-6 game in a mud bowl...Meigs beats RW at Meigs 28-14 in decent conditions.

It would appear that SG, in this away game, would be projected to lose 35-7 and Region-1 finished.

Now, If it were Meigs coming to Hampton for a sub-state basketball game, I'd go with region-1 :roflol:

You could probably pick Hampton over Meigs right now in roundball. We've got a lot of basketball players still busy with football at the moment.

2 minutes ago, TigerNation said:

You could probably pick Hampton over Meigs right now in roundball. We've got a lot of basketball players still busy with football at the moment.

That's the way it's been for us in the recent past at this time of year....Meigs vs Hampton in sub-state were some of the best basketball games I'd seen in a while 

But, just like football, we are VERY young in basketball...Youngest team Ned may have ever coached in high school ball.

18 minutes ago, uknoit2 said:

Cockecounty game was at SG. but the rest is very true.  Not happy about all of it but I'll own it. getting a wake up call like we had to receive at happy valley seems to have done us some good. Hopefully our boys now know we have to play every down. It is what it is and now all we can do is learn from it. Seems we need to work on our consistency huh lol

Edited by RebRebReb

1 minute ago, RebRebReb said:

#### county game was at SG. but the rest is very true.  Not happy about all of it but I'll own it. getting a wake up call like we had to receive at happy valley seems to have done us some good. Hopefully our boys now know we have to play every down. It is what it is and now all we can do is learn from it. Seems we need to work on our consistency huh lol

My bad...Thot it was at Cocke Co.

We ALL need to work on consistency around here....It should start as soon as FB season is over. And THAT is the issue

6 hours ago, uknoit2 said:

SO are you saying that Onidea is not the first victim of the moving chains??????????