CORNERSVILLE @ HUNTINGDON THE REMATCH

footballover

10 minutes ago, cornerback10 said:

When you consider the home field advantage (3 points for that), I would say Huntingdon is a 7-10 point favorite. 

I believe Huntingdon has more overall speed. I worry about their misdirection as well. When looking at what little film I’ve watched, I almost get motion sickness from all the pulling. Simple offense but they run it to perfection. 

The key will be if Swenson decides to open the game up by throwing the ball. It’s easy for the secondary to get lulled in by all the misdirection. 

Cornersville must control the clock and not give Huntingdon the short field. I feel good about our line play compared to Huntingdon’s. HHS has great trench play, don’t get me wrong. However, we have some dogs on both lines. We have no size but those boys get after it. It almost makes watching the offensive line exciting.

I could flip a quarter on who I think prevails. I think last year’s win really gave our guys confidence that they could compete against the “big boys” in 1A. 

Wish Friday would get here quicker! I haven’t been worth a darn at work all week long.

I agree. The thing that scares me the most about Cornersville is how the defense swarms to the ball as a whole and how quickly they get downhill. They gang tackle and hit hard. Just like last year. 

As far as offense, Woodard can and will get positive yardage everytime he touches the ball. I just hope we are able to bottle him up. Whitaker scares me in space. 

All in all, this game can go either way. Cant wait for Friday night!

1 hour ago, cornerback10 said:

How will we know it’s you? Will you be eating crayons like all of the other Huntingdon faithful?

Do something that will make yourself standout from the others so we know it’s you. Maybe comb your hair and brush your teeth. 

He will be the one  licking windows in the parking lot 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, fullbackdive said:

I agree. The thing that scares me the most about Cornersville is how the defense swarms to the ball as a whole and how quickly they get downhill. They gang tackle and hit hard. Just like last year. 

As far as offense, Woodard can and will get positive yardage everytime he touches the ball. I just hope we are able to bottle him up. Whitaker scares me in space. 

All in all, this game can go either way. Cant wait for Friday night!

Our quarterback, Henlee Mitchell, will be the key to the game for Cornersville. He is the most improved player for Cornersville from last year till now. He’s thrown away the “game manager” label and is truly a playmaker now. I believe he’s up now 16:0 as far as his TD:INT ratio. 

I think we have the best backfield in 1A Whitaker, Woodard, and Warren. I just can’t fathom them being slowed down. 

37 minutes ago, cornerback10 said:

When you consider the home field advantage (3 points for that), I would say Huntingdon is a 7-10 point favorite. 

I believe Huntingdon has more overall speed. I worry about their misdirection as well. When looking at what little film I’ve watched, I almost get motion sickness from all the pulling. Simple offense but they run it to perfection. 

The key will be if Swenson decides to open the game up by throwing the ball. It’s easy for the secondary to get lulled in by all the misdirection. 

Cornersville must control the clock and not give Huntingdon the short field. I feel good about our line play compared to Huntingdon’s. HHS has great trench play, don’t get me wrong. However, we have some dogs on both lines. We have no size but those boys get after it. It almost makes watching the offensive line exciting.

I could flip a quarter on who I think prevails. I think last year’s win really gave our guys confidence that they could compete against the “big boys” in 1A. 

Wish Friday would get here quicker! I haven’t been worth a darn at work all week long.

Quit looking at my paper to get your answers.

On 11/12/2018 at 9:19 PM, couchpotato said:

All kidding aside, my take on the game.

I believe both teams come in with some very similar styles.  They are well disciplined and play well together as a team.  They both are a run first offense and stop run defense.  Both teams execute their offense very efficiently.

The key for Cornersville is playing assignment football on defense.  The line advantage they had against Wayne Co. was as much filling gaps as it was being physical.  It doesn't matter how physical you are if your not in position to make a play.

Both defenses are subject to big plays against the pass.  Honestly, there are few high school defenses that will stop a good passing team, as least not in the secondary.  The ability to get to the qb will have a bigger bearing than the secondary will.

I am definitely biased but I do believe that Huntingdon has an advantage in overall team speed.  Some of the plays that Wayne Co broke free on shows that it can be done and no offense to Wayne Co but their offense is not as good as the one Cornersville will see this Friday night.

Cornersville does come into the game believing they can win.  That goes a long ways when your playing a quality opponent.  Coach Swenson made a comment when he first came to Huntingdon how the players expect to win when they step on the field and not just hope they can.

Huntingdon is looking for a measure of revenge after last year.  I have no doubt that Cornersville will get Huntingdon's best effort and then some.  Regardless of the outcome, whoever comes out with a win will have earned it.

Just now, cornerback10 said:

Our quarterback, Henlee Mitchell, will be the key to the game for Cornersville. He is the most improved player for Cornersville from last year till now. He’s thrown away the “game manager” label and is truly a playmaker now. I believe he’s up now 16:0 as far as his TD:INT ratio. 

I think we have the best backfield in 1A Whitaker, Woodard, and Warren. I just can’t fathom them being slowed down. 

Yeah that backfield is nasty no doubt

10 minutes ago, couchpotato said:

Quit looking at my paper to get your answers.

I’m certain that’s anybody with any understanding of both teams (hence the other 150 similar post). If you think you’re the minority in that group of thought, well here’s your golden star. 

Edited by cornerback10

5 minutes ago, cornerback10 said:

I’m certain that’s anybody with any understanding of both teams feels the same way (hence the other 150 similar post). If you think you’re the minority in that group of thought, well here’s your golden sticker. 

On 11/12/2018 at 1:24 AM, cornerback10 said:

All the Huntingdon fans crying because we aren’t talking enough “ball”.

What commentary have you all offered regarding the game? Huntingdon has played a harder schedule? Your team is fast? The QB has a baseball scholarship to UT?

We’ve heard all that. None of you offer any insight to the actual ballgame. That’s just your automatic response when you have no retort to what I say. It’s a cop-out. 

Your hypocrisy is showing.

When the high and mighty cb10 makes a comment that is similar to what someone else says, it is insightful and intelligent.

When any Huntingdon fan, makes a comment similar to someone else it is a cop out.

Pick one side or the other.

2 minutes ago, couchpotato said:

Your hypocrisy is showing.

When the high and mighty cb10 makes a comment that is similar to what someone else says, it is insightful and intelligent.

When any Huntingdon fan, makes a comment similar to someone else it is a cop out.

Pick one side or the other.

Lol what in the world did you quote those two posts for? How was I a hypocrite? Buddy, I’ve got you all tore up and that’s my end game. I’ve got you looking up posts from several pages ago. 

Rent.Free.

1 hour ago, cornerback10 said:

Everyone better print this. CB10 actually talking football as requested. He doesn't do this often. This has got to be monumental or something. I am so proud of him right now. Almost brings a tear to my eye. This has got to be a once in a lifetime moment. Now...back to your regularly scheduled CB10.

56 minutes ago, cornerback10 said:

Henlee has 1007 yards and 17:0 TD/INT with a 69.5% passer efficiency.

7 minutes ago, Jobres76 said:

Everyone better print this. CB10 actually talking football as requested. He doesn't do this often. This has got to be monumental or something. I am so proud of him right now. Almost brings a tear to my eye. This has got to be a once in a lifetime moment. Now...back to your regularly scheduled CB10.

What most of you don’t know, I know more about football than most on here if not all.

• CoachT locked this topic