Stratford @ Fairview

thenextone

On 11/12/2018 at 1:40 PM, BooWhoWiseMan said:

I do think Hughes is a good coach but he has been blessed with enormous talent over the last 6-7 years.  Of course there are always rumors of how guys just seemingly move in out of no where and become eligible at Fairview hence the QB this year and the RB last year.

Hughes has been able to get players to transfer to FHS for years.  The QB this year has played for 8 different schools I believe, lol.  His Dad being a "coach" has enabled him to move from team to team.  If I am correct (probably not, but........) he has been to East Hickman twice, somewhere in the great Northeast of the US, back to East Hickman for a few minutes and then to Fairview.  The transfers he had from Ensworth a few years ago became eligible somehow, someway.  

22 hours ago, BooWhoWiseMan said:

He may be but if he is not living there now he should be ineligible.  Sounds like you just admitted a major violation.  And let's be honest.  There are probably as many kids on that team from East Hickman and Hickman as there are from Fairview.  Swims like a duck, quacks like a duck, waddles like a duck then it's a duck.  Just saying....

The QB and his parents all live in Fairview.

41 minutes ago, ocac said:

Hughes has been able to get players to transfer to FHS for years.  The QB this year has played for 8 different schools I believe, lol.  His Dad being a "coach" has enabled him to move from team to team.  If I am correct (probably not, but........) he has been to East Hickman twice, somewhere in the great Northeast of the US, back to East Hickman for a few minutes and then to Fairview.  The transfers he had from Ensworth a few years ago became eligible somehow, someway.  

I have been following Fairview for almost 10 years now - the only Ensworth transfer I know we had was a kid who originally went to Fairview - he has been out of school for probably 5 years now.  We have lost kids to Ensworth ourselves.  Yes, we have had transfers.   And I know this is a Fairview/Stratford post, so those are the teams we are discussing - but any reference to a coach being able to get families to transfer to their school districts reaches way beyond our western border of Williamson County.  At some point I just leave it to those at TSSAA to sort out any messes that come their way.

45 minutes ago, ocac said:

The QB was on this team as a sophomore then played at Hickman County high school last year as a junior. They moved back to Fairview this year. He didn't play at East Hickman at all. 

The Ensworth transfer as you called him was a kid that grew up, lived, and played right here in Fairview his entire childhood. His family still lives here as does he I suppose. He was recruited by Ensworth while in middle school and transferred back to Fairview his junior and senior year. His younger brother is on the team right now. 

What else you got?

• Like 1

22 hours ago, BooWhoWiseMan said:

He may be but if he is not living there now he should be ineligible.  Sounds like you just admitted a major violation.  And let's be honest.  There are probably as many kids on that team from East Hickman and Hickman as there are from Fairview.  Swims like a duck, quacks like a duck, waddles like a duck then it's a duck.  Just saying....

QB and his family all live in Fairview....I have even been inside their house and they have furniture and everything! 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ladyvol31 said:

QB and his family all live in Fairview....I have even been inside their house and they have furniture and everything! 

My advice would be, don't feed the troll ladyvol. Boohoo is just a pure miserable hater that does nothing but trash high school programs on here. In my 5 years or so of being here I've never seen one ounce of positivity in anything he's ever said. He'll make outlandish accusations and even call coaches and players out by name. All the while hiding behind anonymity like a coward. I think he suffers fro PTSD from being a Spring Hill fan. 

3 hours ago, Swarm said:

The QB was on this team as a sophomore then played at Hickman County high school last year as a junior. They moved back to Fairview this year. He didn't play at East Hickman at all. 

The Ensworth transfer as you called him was a kid that grew up, lived, and played right here in Fairview his entire childhood. His family still lives here as does he I suppose. He was recruited by Ensworth while in middle school and transferred back to Fairview his junior and senior year. His younger brother is on the team right now. 

What else you got?

Owned....  Camden gets our share of Transfers as well but more because They cant get time at Henry County or just move here because the folks got Jobs at Dupont or TVA.  As long as they move here and follow TSSAA Regs we enjoy it. 99% of Camden football players   grew up right here.I am sure its no different there . EVERY school has transfers  either from close by or far away..winning brings out the excuses/tissues/accusations 

3 hours ago, Swarm said:

What else you got?

Regardless of how kids get there, Fairview is a very good program and Hughes does a good job with them.  From what I understand, he has a good staff around him as well.  I can remember when Fairview was viewed as not a part of Williamson County.  Now,, they are winning like the rest of Williamson County.  Kudos to them and the kids.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Swarm said:

What else you got?

My bad on the East Hickman reference then.  I could have sworn his Dad was a middle school coach in East Hickman at one time.  I think Nashville Christian may have been in the equation as well, at least for a few minutes.  Obviously I am wrong?