Stratford @ Covington

bigmac45

11 hours ago, wolfchase said:

True. Now let's look. Started 1st possession near midfield, right? as result of atrocious kickoff or maybe your take an outstanding  kickoff, right? Had pass interference call on a throw it up pass, right? Saw 3 sweeps, back not enough speed on any to get to edge, right? Score on a quick slant basically, right? Remember started near midfield/near 50 yard line. And like you said scored on first drive, start of game, what like 35 yards of offense. And from glancing at the final score, it's pretty obvious they didn't do much rest of night. As said looked Big, slow, basic. They may have looked good to you on that drive but I think an open unbiased opinion would attest otherwise

You’re right.  Fairview didn’t play good enough to win.  That’s why it’s basketball and wrestling season this week in Jacket Country.  At least Stratford has another week to work on their kickoffs.  I wish them well.  

Edited by howdoitknow

56 minutes ago, FIREBIRD80 said:

Covington fans, I hope your coaching staff don't have the same outlook as wolf. If they do we'll have the first football team with a losing record in championship game. Take it from me I know they might not look good on film, h### they might be lined up wrong at times. But some kind of way this team has caught fire at right time and finding ways to win. I wouldn't be surprised if a Stratford vs Alcoa game happen next Saturday!!

Firebird I'm sure our coaching staff is not looking past this team.  Heck they made it this far some kinda way and you don't make it to the state semi's being God awful. I know the coaching staff will be preaching to the kids all week the same thing. Teams like this are the ones that can break you because they do things you wouldn't think, like you said line up wrong sometimes. I do think though our special teams will be a big factor. From what I seen that is a huge weakness for them. 

Go Chargers!

Edited by fanoffootball2013

16 minutes ago, fanoffootball2013 said:

Firebird I'm sure our coaching staff is not looking past this team.  Heck they made it this far some kinda way and you don't make it to the state semi's being God awful. I know the coaching staff will be preaching to the kids all week the same thing. Teams like this are the ones that can break you because they do things you wouldn't think, like you said line up wrong sometimes. I do think though our special teams will be a big factor. From what I seen that is a huge weakness for them. 

Go Chargers!

I agree special teams and tackling.

1 hour ago, FIREBIRD80 said:

Covington fans, I hope your coaching staff don't have the same outlook as wolf. If they do we'll have the first football team with a losing record in championship game. Take it from me I know they might not look good on film, h### they might be lined up wrong at times. But some kind of way this team has caught fire at right time and finding ways to win. I wouldn't be surprised if a Stratford vs Alcoa game happen next Saturday!!

I’m not a coach but looking at film of game I would have to say PC over looked this team which would be understandable considering how bad y’all had beat them a few weeks before.