Stratford @ Covington

bigmac45

1 hour ago, FIREBIRD80 said:

00charger you are spot on, rain is what Stratford wants. Stratford wants this game Friday cold and raining. But I give yall the Edge playing at home, and Stratford having to travel 2 and half hours. I watched Covington yall have the LB to stop Stratford running game. If y'all tackle well Covington should be ok. Y'all need 3 and outs also Stratford will try to control that clock. Covington offense is good, I think it was better last year with passing game. This year #7 just take it to house from what I seen. This should be good game, and if it wasn't raining I was coming to watch. I only sit in the rain for PC.. lol

I just check the latest forecast and it’s possible that the majority of the rain will hold off until midnight....I hope to see you in Covington Friday night if it holds off. I hope Stratford can bring some support as well

1 hour ago, FIREBIRD80 said:

I give yall the Edge playing at home, and Stratford having to travel 2 and half hours. I watched Covington yall have the LB to stop Stratford running game. If y'all tackle well Covington should be ok. Y'all need 3 and outs also Stratford will try to control that clock. Covington offense is good

4 & outs Firebird, and I don't think Stratford plays the cerebral game Firebird, don't know that they intentionally know or utilize the run the clock concept thou it is a natural byproduct of their offense. They'd prolly throw the ball excessively & run oob with the lead. Otherwise why all the atypical decisions. No kicking,punting game, little punt protection, going for it on 4th deep in own territory, KO's to the 45, go for it on 4th & 5 on own 20 but kicking shaky 1pt xp from 2 1/2, playing beat ourselves football repetitively. You have to be awfully good to continually overcome those issues

Covington defense will be solid, they will capitalize on litany of mistakes. To have a chance Stradford will have to stay ahead of the chains. Stratford will have to play every snap

1 hour ago, wolfchase said:

Just curious Swarm, what was yall's average starting field position Friday night? What does yall's drive charts look like? Just wondering

They had to be pretty good, I assume

Yall didn't have to go 75, 80+ all night did yall?

Sorry I don't have that info handy right now. I do recall most of starting field positions from kickoffs being around midfield though. 

Just imagine how good Stratford could be if they played good solid football. Kick the ball deep(into the endzone) make the opponent go 80+ yards on that defense. Play ball control, have a good solid punt game to flip the field. Utilize some angle blocking, some power leads, zone reads, RPO's, traps & misdirection

With what they do, they beat themselves and even limit themselves when winning

12 minutes ago, wolfchase said:

Just imagine how good Stratford could be if they played good solid football. Kick the ball deep(into the endzone) make the opponent go 80+ yards on that defense. Play ball control, have a good solid punt game to flip the field. Utilize some angle blocking, some power leads, zone reads, RPO's, traps & misdirection

With what they do, they beat themselves and even limit themselves when winning

Yeah theres no doubt they underperform compared to what they are capable of. If you've peeked in many of the middle TN threads the last few years on here you'll see we all mention those very things. Even before the PC game you'll notice the PC guys on here respecting them. They recognized how dangerous they "could be". The crazy part for me to understand is they are consistently loaded with athletes like this year after year. Unfortunately for them they have other problems that handicap them significantly. They changed coaches during this very season! The fact they are in the semifinals despite that speaks volumes about how talented they really are. The combination of getting overlooked due to their record, playing a brutally tough schedule, and heavy rainfall leading to wet, sloppy fields have really paid dividends toward their recent success. Not to mention the confidence they are building week by week. They are the last team anyone wants to play right now. 

4 hours ago, 00Chargers said:

I just check the latest forecast and it’s possible that the majority of the rain will hold off until midnight....I hope to see you in Covington Friday night if it holds off. I hope Stratford can bring some support as well

I hope that's the case, if that happens the field should be pretty dry for game time.

56 minutes ago, District12AA said:

Wolfchase must be reading football for dummies with all this lingo he keeps throwing out. Good grief man.

12AA, I think wolfchase is ok to something with his theories of special teams and field position being an important part of the game.  I don’t necessarily share his enthusiasm about Fairview’s players but that’s neither here nor there.