Alcoa vs Upperman for a trip to the Championship

crow6424

2 minutes ago, VictoryFormation said:

Agreed, nothing changes the outcome of the game.  However, name calling and saying move on are not discussion points, they sound like diversions.  I've officiated, I've read the rules and I'm not here to argue, only to understand.  Just trying to get some clarification on previous comments where rules may have changed.  This is a discussion board, win, lose or draw does not effect who can discuss what as long as it doesn't violate the rules of the site.  So, if you would, please clarify the touching rule and the "contact" rule in the context of what can be seen clearly on video.  Thanks

Go figure it out yourself. I would hope there is someone in Baxter who understands the rules and can explain them to you. Obviously, you can’t comprehend what several of us have explained way too many times already....JL has officiated and knows the rules better than most, by the way.....

12 hours ago, Throwdeslant said:

The kicking team isn’t allowed to make contact with the receiving team until the ball has traveled 10 yards, unless the ball is touched first by the receiving team. The ball also can’t be touched by the kicking team before it travels 10 yards. In the case Friday night, it appears both rules were broken by the kicking team...

Okay, so you said this, why should I ask anyone else?  All I'm asking is where do the rules say there is a 10 yd non-contact rule?

1 minute ago, JohnnyLawrence said:

I'm thinking it was added in 2015 or so. Sooner or later the kickoff is going to be eliminated altogether. 

You're probably right.  I can see the argument on both sides, Don't want to see anyone with permanent issues, but kinda hate where the game is headed.  Hard to see any kind of middle ground where you play a physical sport and eliminate the potential for injury.  Thanks for the info and good luck this weekend.