CORNERSVILLE @ LAKE COUNTY (1A Semis)

dawgsontop11

Thoughts:

When you get this far in the playoffs, especially with 4 evenly matched teams, it’s all about matchups. If Cornersville has any weakness at all on defense, it’s the secondary (and I’m nit picking). Lake County will have to be able to move the ball via the air if they hope to pull this one out Friday. I know the Desmond Johnson kid is a beast, but I can’t fathom him be able to run the ball successfully on the Bulldog defense. I think the advantage on the both sides of the LOS is the difference in this game. I don’t think Lake County will be able to hold up for 4 quarters against the Cornersville O/D-Line. I’m feeling like Cornersville 36-20 at the moment.

And if you factor in the probable wet weather, that plays in Cornersville’s favor even more.

Nobody in 1A ball will beat Cornersville if they don’t have a successful passing game. You can’t line up and run the football against this bunch. 

Edited by cornerback10
  • Upvote 1

These dudes are like robots. They take a shot on the chin, and they’re not phased. Multiple times throughout the Huntingdon game, momentum swung in the Mustang’s favor. In a rowdy environment on the road, the Bulldogs canceled the momentum out with plays of their own (The Woodard INT comes to mind). This is the luxury of having 9 seniors on defense.

10 minutes ago, cornerback10 said:

Thoughts:

When you get this far in the playoffs, especially with 4 evenly matched teams, it’s all about matchups. If Cornersville has any weakness at all on defense, it’s the secondary (and I’m nit picking). Lake County will have to be able to move the ball via the air if they hope to pull this one out Friday. I know the Desmond Johnson kid is a beast, but I can’t fathom him be able to run the ball successfully on the Bulldog defense. I think the advantage on the both sides of the LOS is the difference in this game. I don’t think Lake County will be able to hold up for 4 quarters against the Cornersville O/D-Line. I’m feeling like Cornersville 36-20 at the moment.

And if you factor in the probable wet weather, that plays in Cornersville’s favor even more.

Nobody in 1A ball will beat Cornersville if they don’t have a successful passing game. You can’t line up and run the football against this bunch. 

See it wasn’t that hard to talk with some sense! Rain worries me...we’ve been slinging it extremely well past couple games! A senior heavy bunch is a huge advantage for y’all...it’s gonna be another classic! I’ll tell gut to hook you up at boyettes 

3 hours ago, lcfalcon11 said:

Yeah, I seen a kid from Fulton county get carried out in an ambulance after hitting it. He was trying to slow down and slipped and his helmet caught on it, but he was okay  but I heard they are in process of trying to figure out a solution to changing the wire to something else for next season or season after 

I’m sure @Bull02 can get there a day early and put you guys up a fence for a generous donation!

31 minutes ago, cornerback10 said:

Thoughts:

I agree with most of what your saying. LC will have to find some success in the passing game which they are very capable of doing. LC offense has improved leaps and bounds from last year. It's not just Johnson anymore. No doubt Cornersville has an elite defense. They are very good at what they do on offense. Cornersville is very well coached. LC has played very well in the rain this season. I think Cornersville's defensive line will give LC some problems but the LC defense is better than people think. Teams that give LC defense problems are teams with a very mobile qb that plays backyard football. See Dresden and 2nd half of Freedom Prep game. Cornersville doesn't play that way. In my opinion it will be a low scoring game. I don't see either team scoring over 20 points. The rain will effect both teams. Good luck to Cornersville and safe travel's to and from the game. 

• Like 1