Oak Ridge Football 2019

ORDT

17 hours ago, SweetScience said:

How many long runs did we have against really good opposition last year? I can probably count on one hand how many and 2 were against Catholic. The whole conversation is overrated. I never saw any great speed from either Farragut or Catholic, but both of them beat us, even with our amazing breakaway speed we had last year- because they could consistently move the ball on us when the going got tough, we couldn’t.

#12 makes big runs, Booker has some big runs. Go to twitter and watch Graham career highlight. I follow Gerald Riggs and he had it on his twitter and it seems like he had the most runs over 40 yds I seen except for maybe Jackie Pope (I never got to see).   Never seen Booker, #12 or Graham ever get caught on news or games on TV. You all would know better.  What about the fast kid that runs track for Oak Ridge from JMS? He's about Graham's size but Graham is thicker.  He's on 4x100 and 4x200 team the last 2 years.  He can fly. What # is he in football.

1 hour ago, GIJoe said:

#12 makes big runs, Booker has some big runs. Go to twitter and watch Graham career highlight. I follow Gerald Riggs and he had it on his twitter and it seems like he had the most runs over 40 yds I seen except for maybe Jackie Pope (I never got to see).   Never seen Booker, #12 or Graham ever get caught on news or games on TV. You all would know better.  What about the fast kid that runs track for Oak Ridge from JMS? He's about Graham's size but Graham is thicker.  He's on 4x100 and 4x200 team the last 2 years.  He can fly. What # is he in football.

I have no idea GI. I like the sound of that though. If he isn’t playing football he needs to be sounds like. And yeah, I know Graham and 12 had a lot of long runs, but most of those were against bad or mediocre opposition. When you start playing teams like the Fulton’s, Powell’s, and deeper into the playoffs those type of runs are much harder to come by. That’s when you need a time consuming offense that can move the ball consistently well.

I also think we have a few guys ‘ speed who will surprise some folks if they’re able to get out into the open. I remember Preston Turner his freshman season taking off and leaving the Maryville freshman team on a slant pass over the middle. He can fly. There are also a few others with some pretty darn good wheels.

GI, the speedster from JMS does not play football.  His parents won't let him.  As for players we do have, jalen Heyward and Jaquez johnson have got the speed to house it.  While we don't have a guy with Graham speed,(except for the freshman from RMS), we do have good team speed across the board at the skill positions.  I like what I've seen so far.  I think this team has a chance to be really good.  

4 hours ago, oridgecat said:

GI, the speedster from JMS does not play football.  His parents won't let him.  As for players we do have, jalen Heyward and Jaquez johnson have got the speed to house it.  While we don't have a guy with Graham speed,(except for the freshman from RMS), we do have good team speed across the board at the skill positions.  I like what I've seen so far.  I think this team has a chance to be really good.  

Please be a little more realistic and use your head. OR will be 6-4 at best! The #24 you mentioned doesn't weigh 100 pounds unless he's really grown and the day I saw practice, I didn't even see #3, but he could've changed his number.

59 minutes ago, bonkers said:

Please be a little more realistic and use your head. OR will be 6-4 at best! The #24 you mentioned doesn't weigh 100 pounds unless he's really grown and the day I saw practice, I didn't even see #3, but he could've changed his number.

I will let oridgecat speak for himself but I think 6 - 4 could put Coach Gaddis in some hot water. Not with me but with some Boosters and/or School Admins.

Our QB is set to go, Adams will lead the defense to be a mean pack of Cats,  we actually have OL and DL with experience and some success under their belts, our skill players have a lot to prove but Oak Ridge is known for having athletes and I think these four players will provide depth and a get it done attitude the Johnson brothers, Rowe and Romano.

One name that has not been mentioned much and will make a difference is Jack Replogle.

I fear no team on the schedule.

40 minutes ago, WillieTheWildcats said:

I will let oridgecat speak for himself but I think 6 - 4 could put Coach Gaddis in some hot water. Not with me but with some Boosters and/or School Admins.

Our QB is set to go, Adams will lead the defense to be a mean pack of Cats,  we actually have OL and DL with experience and some success under their belts, our skill players have a lot to prove but Oak Ridge is known for having athletes and I think these four players will provide depth and a get it done attitude the Johnson brothers, Rowe and Romano.

One name that has not been mentioned much and will make a difference is Jack Replogle.

I fear no team on the schedule.

I'm uninterested in whether it puts him in hot water, puts you in water, or puts me in hot water. OR will NOT beat Farragut, Mt Juliet, or Powell, no matter what the temperature of the water may be! The chance of OR beating HVA, DB, West, and Fulton without losing to one of them is very slim. I like OR's chances versus Clinton and CC.  Therefore, I see a likely record of 6-4 and the water temperature is meaningless! 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, bonkers said:

I'm uninterested in whether it puts him in hot water, puts you in water, or puts me in hot water. OR will NOT beat Farragut, Mt Juliet, or Powell, no matter what the temperature of the water may be! The chance of OR beating HVA, DB, West, and Fulton without losing to one of them is very slim. I like OR's chances versus Clinton and CC.  Therefore, I see a likely record of 6-4 and the water temperature is meaningless! 

One of us is wrong. You thinking 6 - 4 and me going 10 - 0. Lets just enjoy the season and hope for the best. Best of luck. RWR!