Oak Ridge Football 2019

ORDT

11 minutes ago, bonkers said:

I'll just make several general statements (some responses) to what I read on here, rather than respond to every individual. First of all, I hope I'm wrong (again) but I don't see OR beating Farragut, Powell, or Mt Juliet (not a chance). If OR couldn't beat Farragut last year, then it will be a while. The odds of beating both West and Fulton are slim to none. DB and HVA won't be easy, so 6-4 is generous. I question the accuracy of the times at the combine. I love the Adams kid but speed isn't his top attribute. I doubt Stewart or Adams can run a 4.7, much less sub 4.6.  And Opie, you're posts are getting old. Whoever you support, why don't you go their thread and make a fool of yourself there. You've already established that you're a fool on this thread, even to the dumbest of readers.

I'll just make 1 statement vs. a few general ones. DUMB DUMB and DUMB.

OR had the Farragut game but a WR dropped a TD pass.....twice. Farragut got lucky.

Calling out the accuracy of the Blue Grey Combine is downright dumb. Were you there? Doubt it. Do you know anything about a timed 40? Doubt it.

I'll give you a quarter, you can call the combine director since you are all knowing LOL....or even better, go express your thoughts to Adams and Stewart. I'm sure they'd have some encouraging words for you.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, ORDT said:

His HUDL says 5'11 -205. I saw him recently. He looks bigger than that though. His family isn't from the Ridge. I met his dad late last season and asked him the same thing.

It's hard to tell about his size since I've never really seen him out of uniform, but he plays much bigger than his size. That hit that SweetScience mentioned is legendary. He's probably my favorite player on the team but I doubt he can run a sub 4.6 40.

1 minute ago, ORDT said:

I'll just make 1 statement vs. a few general ones. DUMB DUMB and DUMB.

OR had the Farragut game but a WR dropped a TD pass.....twice. Farragut got lucky.

Calling out the accuracy of the Blue Grey Combine is downright dumb. Were you there? Doubt it. Do you know anything about a timed 40? Doubt it.

I'll give you a quarter, you can call the combine director since you are all knowing LOL....or even better, go express your thoughts to Adams and Stewart. I'm sure they'd have some encouraging words for you.

I agree with you about the  Farragut game.

LOL.....no, I wasn't there. I wonder if the 40 times were electronic or hand held. Those two guys are both good (Adams may be great), but neither is fast (if they are, they've never shown it).

9 hours ago, GIJoe said:

I heard two stories 1 was he wanted to be closer to home and his young child. The other was he was told another school in KS would sign his brother or cousin also if he came.  The first sounds more logical. 

I'm amazed at how much you know about the OR program, our players, and our former players. I'm an OR fan and you know more than I do. Do you have a pipeline into the OR coaching staff, or do you have a relationship with a parent of an OR player, or are you retired and just sit around and read social media all day? I'm not being critical but when an HVA fan knows more about OR football, OR players, and former OR players, than I do (and I live in OR), I just wonder if you spend all your time on social media or if you have a connection. I know NOTHING about HVA football, nor do I want to. That's why I never post anything on their thread. Since you're on here, who will be your next coach?

On 5/3/2019 at 9:55 PM, Opie Shaggnasty said:

Thats really brave of romeo trying to schedule the cows this year after they lost a huge senior class.Funny thing is the cows couldnt get the cats to sign up two years ago.

1-9 if Clinton gets lucky late in  the  year and beats Karns in the ofer 10 Bowl.  That's pathetic.  Have fun Opie.  

The times at the combine are laser timed.  They use the same laser timing system used at the Nike Camps. 

Edited by oridgecat

20 minutes ago, bonkers said:

I'm amazed at how much you know about the OR program, our players, and our former players. I'm an OR fan and you know more than I do. Do you have a pipeline into the OR coaching staff, or do you have a relationship with a parent of an OR player, or are you retired and just sit around and read social media all day? I'm not being critical but when an HVA fan knows more about OR football, OR players, and former OR players, than I do (and I live in OR), I just wonder if you spend all your time on social media or if you have a connection. I know NOTHING about HVA football, nor do I want to. That's why I never post anything on their thread. Since you're on here, who will be your next coach?

Classic...and great question.

1 hour ago, oridgecat said:

1-9 if Clinton gets lucky late in  the  year and beats Karns in the ofer 10 Bowl.  That's pathetic.  Have fun Opie.  

The times at the combine are laser timed.  They use the same laser timing system used at the Nike Camps. 

Faulty lasers!  LOL

11 hours ago, GIJoe said:

I heard two stories 1 was he wanted to be closer to home and his young child. The other was he was told another school in KS would sign his brother or cousin also if he came.  The first sounds more logical. 

No offense intended, but I am just shaking my head after reading that one.  It's incredbile how things are spun these days.