Oak Ridge Football 2019

ORDT

3 hours ago, ORDT said:

His HUDL says 5'11 -205. I saw him recently. He looks bigger than that though. His family isn't from the Ridge. I met his dad late last season and asked him the same thing.

Thanks for info. Good player, their defense as a whole was good last couple years. We should have won in Oak Ridge though.

2 hours ago, bonkers said:

I'm amazed at how much you know about the OR program, our players, and our former players. I'm an OR fan and you know more than I do. Do you have a pipeline into the OR coaching staff, or do you have a relationship with a parent of an OR player, or are you retired and just sit around and read social media all day? I'm not being critical but when an HVA fan knows more about OR football, OR players, and former OR players, than I do (and I live in OR), I just wonder if you spend all your time on social media or if you have a connection. I know NOTHING about HVA football, nor do I want to. That's why I never post anything on their thread. Since you're on here, who will be your next coach?

I think someone in school. I think with the principal there she would hire inside to not tip over the Apple cart (big on academics but respect sports) with adjusting to new coach = new system, new staff or staff positioning. I think it is too late to bring in someone from outside unless they have a tie with school or principal. 

In regards to Oak Ridge I came here with Union Carbide 73-79 and lived there. Left to work at plant in WV. Came back in 86-91 moved to San Antonio to work at Base. Moved back to Tennessee in late 2000s my kids were still here and was grandfather. I know a lot of Oak Ridgers I worked with and befriended through the years. I cheer HVA but still Wildcat fans. 

I know Darel youth coach and kept up with him when he went to OR from Powell. Whenever I go downtown I see him the restaurant he works in and he still talks to Darel and his mom. I called him when I seen him in the discussion just to get an update. Also I know Coach Dykes and he was college teammates with 2 of your coaches at ETSU. I know Coach Maynard also who used to coach at Oak Ridge with Bill Young. So we talk about the Ridge sometimes. Lol

Bonkers OR fans are around the nation. That program was one of the Premier programs in the country. I'm sorry I'm a fan of Oak Ridge, Judson (San Antonio  TX) and Hardin Valley. Im kind of partial to Loudon too. Lol

Finally I love Twitter. I get a lot of info from there. 

Edited by GIJoe

1 hour ago, bonkers said:

He is neither slow, nor fast.

4.57 is fast. Not Graham fast, but it is fast. It’s plenty fast enough to be very successful @ the HS football level in East Tennessee. To put it in perspective both Shawn Williams and Summers ran similar 40 times. Williams ran about a 4.55 his SR year. 

Edited by SweetScience

3 hours ago, bonkers said:

I just wonder if you spend all your time on social media or if you have a connection. 

I grew up in 50-60s and think social media came along too late so I'm truly making up time. Lol. It's better than sitting with misses watching Price Is Right or playing Scrabble on my phone lol 

3 hours ago, GIJoe said:

I think someone in school. I think with the principal there she would hire inside to not tip over the Apple cart (big on academics but respect sports) with adjusting to new coach = new system, new staff or staff positioning. I think it is too late to bring in someone from outside unless they have a tie with school or principal. 

In regards to Oak Ridge I came here with Union Carbide 73-79 and lived there. Left to work at plant in WV. Came back in 86-91 moved to San Antonio to work at Base. Moved back to Tennessee in late 2000s my kids were still here and was grandfather. I know a lot of Oak Ridgers I worked with and befriended through the years. I cheer HVA but still Wildcat fans. 

I know Darel youth coach and kept up with him when he went to OR from Powell. Whenever I go downtown I see him the restaurant he works in and he still talks to Darel and his mom. I called him when I seen him in the discussion just to get an update. Also I know Coach Dykes and he was college teammates with 2 of your coaches at ETSU. I know Coach Maynard also who used to coach at Oak Ridge with Bill Young. So we talk about the Ridge sometimes. Lol

Bonkers OR fans are around the nation. That program was one of the Premier programs in the country. I'm sorry I'm a fan of Oak Ridge, Judson (San Antonio  TX) and Hardin Valley. Im kind of partial to Loudon too. Lol

Finally I love Twitter. I get a lot of info from there. 

Thanks for the info

2 hours ago, SweetScience said:

4.57 is fast. Not Graham fast, but it is fast. It’s plenty fast enough to be very successful @ the HS football level in East Tennessee. To put it in perspective both Shawn Williams and Summers ran similar 40 times. Williams ran about a 4.55 his SR year. 

I love Adams and the way he plays but you're insane if you think he's as fast as Summers was. Summers wasn't as fast as Graham but he was much faster than Adams. What are you drinking, smoking, or snorting, man???????

Night of Champions Spring Lift-a-Thon

Results here:  https://www.oakridgefootball.net/

The way I read it, Adams "The Hammer" was first in Bench, Squat, Clean and 2nd in LB per LB among the LB squad. What I am seeing across the entire team, he was 2nd overall in bench (1st had him by 10 LBS), 1st in squat by 45 lbs and 1st in clean by 40 Lbs.

Also see his little brother taking 2nd in the LB per LB under the linebacker group???? I thought he was a DB and Punter?

Also see the QB, Gibbons, cleaning up with some awards. Glad to see he added some mass. He is going to need it this season.

Questions, thinking out loud here

Should they play that manchild on offense as well?

Will we see any TE or traditional slot receiver type packages?

Will this offense shine under a new system designed for the new QB?

Does the younger Adams "Little Hurt" seriously play at the LB spot or will we see him more at CB?

Is the Kicker ready..Do we have a reliable kicker??

Who on earth going to punt if the younger Adams is playing on D?

Any scoop on WRs? I know Stewart has hands and speed....who else we have?

I love Adams and the way he plays but you're insane if you think he's as fast as Summers was. Summers wasn't as fast as Graham but he was much faster than Adams. What are you drinking, smoking, or snorting, man???????

First of all I’m not ‘smoking or snorting’ anything, although I would like to sometime, but I work for the government so I can’t. Second, I wasn’t even talking about Adams, I was talking about Stewart. Thirdly, when did I say either were ‘as fast ‘ as Summers was? Summers ran about a 4.5. Do you realize the difference in a 4.5 and a 4.57? We are talking tenths of seconds here. Good Lord, some of y’all are so touchy and dramatic on here. Maybe you are the one who needs to smoke a big fatty and relax? Ha ha.

Edited by SweetScience
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, SweetScience said:

First of all I’m not ‘smoking or snorting’ anything, although I would like to sometime, but I work for the government so I can’t. 

Love this response! Lol. Never snorted but I remember the 70s... kind of. Lol

Heard this from a friend of a friend, who has an uncle, who knows a guy.....According to his dad, that was Adams first ever timed 40 in high school. Considering that, I'd say he has some wheels. Imagine if he had trained for a 40?! He may not be 4.4+ guy but darn, give the boy some credit! Let me repeat, 1st time ever running a timed 40 in HS.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, ORDT said:

Heard this from a friend of a friend, who has an uncle, who knows a guy.....According to his dad, that was Adams first ever timed 40 in high school. Considering that, I'd say he has some wheels. Imagine if he had trained for a 40?! He may not be 4.4+ guy but darn, give the boy some credit! Let me repeat, 1st time ever running a timed 40 in HS.

That’s impressive.