Oak Ridge Football 2019

ORDT

10 minutes ago, oridgecat said:

We tried to schedule AC, dates didn't match up, fact.  There are some teams I would prefer not to play in the regular season, but AC is not one of them. 

Gonna be another long miserable year for the Dragon Wagon, players qutting, parents whining, coaches fighting.   Enjoy your coaching search Opie.  1-9.  Lol

That's one too many!  I hope they lose them all. I wish both Clinton and AC could both lose when they play each other!

My prediction on the upcoming season is one that I hope I'm wrong. I would bet our overall record is 6-4 (4-3 district). I just don't see us beating Farragut, Mt Juliet, Powell, or Fulton. HVA and West are tossups, so it could be worse. Any comments on my post?

22 hours ago, oridgecat said:

Looks like Clinton has a chance to win 1 game this year, Meigs County.  If they don't beat Meigs,  it will be another 0-10 and another coaching change.   8/23, Anderson County will put a major beat down on Clinton to start the year.  That will be a looooooong night for Opie and the Dragoons. 

They won’t beat Meigs. Meigs is loaded again, it may not be a mercy rule game but it won’t be close. 

1 hour ago, Rhea Co. said:

They won’t beat Meigs. Meigs is loaded again, it may not be a mercy rule game but it won’t be close. 

Correct me if I am wrong, but isn't Meigs more of a zone/spread team? As opposed to most 2a teams, that are more run oriented offensively. 

1 hour ago, bonkers said:

My prediction on the upcoming season is one that I hope I'm wrong. I would bet our overall record is 6-4 (4-3 district). I just don't see us beating Farragut, Mt Juliet, Powell, or Fulton. HVA and West are tossups, so it could be worse. Any comments on my post?

HVA just lost their coach. Things could go really good or really bad for them. I think you beat West. I think 6-4 or 7-3 are likely. 

Surprised but not shocked on Jones at HVA. He will be missed. Your frosh and JV teams beat HVA but HVA seemed to improve offensively post Oak Ridge with all 3 teams (fr, if, var.). Wow going to Nashville. I see OR anywhere from 6-4 to 8-2. Farragut and MJ will be tough. Huge game vs Powell and West (will be tough to score on) HVA a toss up before Jones hire now really a toss up. Talent wise we have players and should be very good defensively. Replacing QB will be tough. Fulton will be Fulton replacing a 4 year QB will be tough and losing so much talent defensively and athletically but got some young talent. Wouldn't be surprised if Clinton competes this year but neither one of those teams will beat OR. Campbell Co and Karns not close.

2 hours ago, bonkers said:

I think we are better than that.  I will make my way too early  prediction that we beat Fulton and HVA.  I think FHS, MJ, Powell and West are the tossups.  I think we will go 2-2 in those games.  So, 8-2 for this years Cats. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, WillieTheWildcats said:

Johnathan Stewart is ready to go Monday. He has a great attitude that I hope the whole team is down with.

Anybody go the Lift A Thon?

Wasnt there but heard that the new QB added weight, swept the awards (?no clue what that means?) and that Jacob Adams is a legit manchild. Heard he also left with a bunch of medals.

30 minutes ago, ORDT said:

Wasnt there but heard that the new QB added weight, swept the awards (?no clue what that means?) and that Jacob Adams is a legit manchild. Heard he also left with a bunch of medals.

I was told the QB has gained 20 pounds and continues to work on his QB skills. Our offense should be interesting to watch since we have talent and experience in the OL for a change. Adams should be all over the field and provide leadership to the younger players.

I am very excited for this season. So many talented players to replace but we are Oak Ridge. We will not stop coming at you.

3 hours ago, bonkers said:

I am much more upbeat on the season than most.  We bust open the season, continue to grow during the midseason and finish strong.

Record...Regular season 10 wins  0 defeats  /  Playoffs 5 wins   0 defeats.

Mic DROP, RWR!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, oridgecat said:

We tried to schedule AC, dates didn't match up, fact.  There are some teams I would prefer not to play in the regular season, but AC is not one of them. 

Gonna be another long miserable year for the Dragon Wagon, players qutting, parents whining, coaches fighting.   Enjoy your coaching search Opie.  1-9.  Lol

What’s going on in Dragon country? That doesn’t sound good. I hope an old #42 for the Dragons lets his boy come to the Ridge and play.

Edited by SweetScience

On 5/1/2019 at 10:03 PM, GIJoe said:

They spoke about him the other day on 1 of radio stations.  Darel graduates on May 4th at Eastern Mississippi JUCO and reports May7th to UT.  The GFM account was a last ditch effort to get a fantom charge paid at another JUCO he never played for.  One of the Oak Ridge coach T writers knows a little more about it. Darrell was actually was screwed in this but it was taken care of. 

I'm happy he got it taken care of, but he wasn't screwed and it wasn't a phantom charge.  He screwed himself.  Do you know why he never played at that juco?  I do and he's fortunate to just owe $500.  

But if he gets in to UT I hope he turns things around.  Like I said, the kid is a physical freak, and that's why he has gotten so many mulligans.  

Edited by HTV