1A Championship Cornersville vs Whitwell

TheBigDawg

2 minutes ago, Jobres76 said:

Question for the Whitwell folks. Have they played on turf this season? It shouldn't make a difference, but for some if not used to it or haven't seen or played on it, it is different. Just my thoughts.

If not, you Whitwell folk are welcomed to use that turf lot we bought over in West Tennessee last week. Nice, little spot that we don’t have much use for.

Edited by cornerback10
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, WingoVFL said:

Oh you’re nice to this one :rolleyes:

Just watch this..

36 minutes ago, Bigpiratefan01 said:

I’m really good friends with Brayden .. one of the hardest workers there is he just needs to continue to adjust to the speed of the game. He will have the weapons around him to succeed 

You’re good friend with Brayden? So you’re a kid?  Also.. that’s Coach Grider to you. 

• Like 1

CJ Coble (50) played his butt off last night. Him and Bull Jr make for the best linebacker duo in 1A ball. Both are relentless and get downhill quicker than you’d believe.

Ryan Prosser (4) had one of the better games I’ve seen from a Cornersville CB in a long time. Was on a island a few times and made PLAYS for a few PBU’s. He should have a had a INT.

Peyton Finch (81) made a heck of a catch on that slant route. Rain was pouring down and the ball was slicker than I don’t know what. Caught it with his hands and set up a manageable 4th down if I remember right.

I think this game will come down to someone making plays outside of Woodard, Whitaker, and Warren. Similar to Darien Bush’s breakout game last year (sure would be nice if he would have stayed).

My Pick to Click is Blake Pickett (14). He might be my favorite player.

Edited by cornerback10
  • Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, TheAmbassador said:

Cornerback 10, this will feature two teams with once in a lifetime type senior classes. I truly believe Whitwell has more speed overall. You boys will need to limit them to 21 points or less to have a shot to win it. You don’t want to get in a track meet with this team. 

I’m sure they are faster. I’m sure we are more physical. Should be interesting. 

3 minutes ago, cornerback10 said:

I’m sure they are faster. I’m sure we are more physical. Should be interesting. 

It’s hard to use speed as an advantage when the d line will have them caught in the back field. I’m sure they will have a couple big plays but not many. That will be the only way they score. If the dawgs limit the big play then they will shut down Whitwell offense. It’s not good when your QB is coming into this game banged up cause that defense for c-ville will beat him up bad. They will hit you for 4 quarters harder than y’all have been hit all year. 

Just now, WingoVFL said:

Idk man our players are pretty dang physical, http://www.hudl.com/v/2AAmmA This is my brother he is the biggest of the RBs but don’t think 31 isn’t just as tough 

That wasn’t a diss to Whitwell. I’m sure they will bring a lunch. It was more a testament to Cornersville and their physical nature. That trait has won us our last two ballgames.