1A Championship Cornersville vs Whitwell

TheBigDawg

1 hour ago, sportman said:

The Tiger's tougher competition through out the year will be the difference in this one.  Cornersville bring's home the silver again like last year. Whitwell is just in another class, and so many of us have been trying to tell so many people on here that this year. I say Whitwell by 14. Congrats to both team's but the actual 1a championship IMO was played this last Friday when Whitwell took down mighty Greenback.  Whitwell high School. 2018 1A state champions!!!!!

I can’t say a class of their own. I still think 1A has 5-6 teams that were very very close. 

In my opinion, which doesn't mean a whole lot, this will be a hard nosed game. If Cornersville can grind it out for four quarters on offense with long, sustained drives, then that is their best chance of taking this game. The more opportunities Whitwell has to get those backs going, the tougher its going to be for Cornersville's defense to contain them. Better put it away though, if Whitwell has the ball down 6 with 30 seconds left in the game, I'm putting my money on the Tigers.

I know both of these Towns and Schools well. Love that the two are meeting up in this game. My late Father Coached the Whitwell Tigers in the early 60s, then we moved to Lewis Co. his name was Wilson West. Still to this day remember living right by the football field at the old school. Glad to see that the Tigers have such a great team, Cornersville also has a great team. This may very well be the best game of all of them, best of luck to both teams.

Edited by selectedgrain
spelling